Debate Alternative, or Misunderstood Medicine?

Ayasano

Yes, I always encourage folks to listen to their doctor. Most all of them use conventional therapies as well but I've had a few that refused anything conventional. I try to keep tabs on the folks I help but more often than not after it is all said and done the ones that live often lose contact with me... You'd think I'd get a Christmas card or something but no. I don't keep track of minor diseases but of my terminal clients my record is 3 for 3. Three lived, three did not. Of the three I lost they were all stage 4 so early intervention is preferable.

Of the terminal diseases, did any of them refuse conventional therapies and rely on the alternative medicine, and if so, which side did they fall on? And vice versa.

titorite

One of them did yes, and they recovered fully from their prostate issue. The other two also included conventional therapies. The three I lost all used conventional medicine as well but they were also far along in their diseases... They were at the "go home and make yourself comfortable" phase.

Harte

The fact is, frozen and canned NEVER lack in vitamins at all. It is the FRESH veggies that can lack in vitamins.

And smoking can add years to your life and cure TB,...:rolleyes:

You have a good one Harte.

Honestly, you're both wrong. It depends on the type of fruit or vegetable. Some have more nutrients in fresh form, some have more in canned/frozen form. The most important part is whether or not they were fully ripe when picked, as unripe fresh produce will have far less nutrients than ripe frozen/canned produce.

Frozen vs. Fresh? Which Vegetables Are Best

The important thing with fresh is that you actually get them fresh. Since you can't be sure how fresh the "fresh" produce is at the grocery store, nor how ripe it was when picked, I stated that the only way is to grow it.

However, canned vegetables are almost always picked and canned at the PEAK of their ripeness, so they are pretty much ALWAYS nutritious; as nutritious as (real) fresh, ripe vegetables.

The fact that some ignorant internet dweller chooses not to believe this easily verifiable fact - and I'm not talking about you, Aysano - is neither here nor there.

However, when falsehoods are uttered on the forum, and I see them, I will correct them. When they are subsequently repeated, I will correct them more forcefully.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
However, canned vegetables are almost always picked and canned at the PEAK of their ripeness, so they are pretty much ALWAYS nutritious; as nutritious as (real) fresh, ripe vegetables.

You just have to watch out for sodium with canned veggies, but if you are already eating healthy, sodium won't be a problem.

Harte

You just have to watch out for sodium with canned veggies, but if you are already eating healthy, sodium won't be a problem.
"Proper research?"

The only thing wrong with canned vegetables (other than flavor) is sodium content.

Harte

Sue

I always get frozen veggies.. the ingredients indicate: Green beans.. That's all.. I wish I was in a position to grow my own garden but I go with frozen because they last longer and it's difficult to get a variety of "fresh" produce at any given time.. Also cheaper as a single mother.. I don't think canned veggies taste as fresh as frozen.. and I don't think frozen is as fresh as "fresh" produce either.. but I do my best..

My aunt who had a double mastectomy and 3/4 of her lungs removed from metastasized cancer eats a lot of junk food.. She's always tired etc... I don't disagree with her chemo but I have to wonder how she would feel if she changed her diet alongside the chemo?.. just my thoughts about how the 2 can work together..

darwi

Store bought vitamins are often loaded with toxins. It's to our health advantage to obtain vitamin purity in our diet. Growing our own food can help and using super pure vitamins. It is a fact, especially in the United States, that good health is heavily suppressed by the medical establishment. And people are extremely ignorant. The cures for cancer have been known for several decades now. Recently a cancer curing vitamin, potassium ascorbate rubosium has been promoted in Italy. I suppose if you want to use it in the United States, you'll have to have it sent from overseas. And why do doctors here still not tell people that a diet with a high ratio of potassium to sodium, works directly against cancer. Doctors researching cancer in the early 1980s discovered that the cancer cell nucleus was bloated with too much sodium and not enough potassium. This corresponds with Edgar Cayce's recommendation of almonds as a cancer preventative(high potassium, no sodium) and laetrile which is from apricot pits(similar to almonds). I realize that it may be some people's karma to get cancer and perhaps die from it, but a big part of that karma may be based on our own lack of awareness.