Ancient Aliens

CarpeNemo

Type it out and if people give you shit for it, they'll be taken care of. This is a site for sharing information, not debunking and general asshattery.

I'd love to read it, if you care to share it. There's always something to be learned in a topic you love.

CarpeNemo

Num, I don't exactly know the legality of what I'm about to do so if you wish for me to take it down I will.

http://rapidshare.com/files/220652823/Zecharia_Sitchin.rar

Admin note: The file looks clean. Paranormalis or the poster are not responsible for the file's content. It contains various PDF files.

That link is supposed to contain almost all of Zecheria Sitchin's books, hopefully including the Earth Chronicles series which is most relevant to this topic. I'd recommend scanning the archive with an antivirus, but it should be alright. It's not my link, though. If I wasn't on dial-up, I'd download it, test it, and reupload it elsewhere for y'all but I can't do that for at least two more days. Download at your own risk - and for the love of Pete, scan the damn thing before you open it! I haven't had a chance to verify it yet.

CarpeNemo

I appreciate it, Num. I don't have the same opportunities for quick downloads due to my curse of dial-up. I wanted to share it but hadn't tested it, but thought it was too good of a find to risk forgetting about.

coda10

I have read quite a bit on this topic, i find it extremely interesting. A little hard to absorb all this, since if it is really true , then absolutly everything weve ever been told is a lie.

CarpeNemo

Would that surprise you?

The religions have been based upon power - by controlling the people, you've got immense power to do pretty much as you wish. Think the Crusades. The Church so "Go, make 'em dead, bring us back cool stuff, capture Jerusalem" and they tried doing that many times.

On the plus side of the Crusades at least, we got introduced to Greek philosophies and history.

Harte

I think the reptilian stuff comes from translation mix ups.

Zecheria Sitchin (until last October, one of the foremost researchers capable of translating Sumerian) translated it in such a way it seems to imply the serpentine features as well as avian features (think "Winged serpents") as dress and transport descriptions. It was not uncommon to apply plumage to clothes back in the day, and it could have been a custom they've left us.
The oldsters on here knew it was coming, so...

Zecharia Sitchin couldn't read cuneiform at all, much less translate it into intelligible english.

In fact, as far as I can tell, he never even actually claimed that he could.

Calling that (thankfully) dead old fraud anything else besides what he actually was - a lying con man - is bad enough. Crediting him with any scholarly pursuit whatsoever (such as some imagined linguistic skill) is outrageous and the all-to-common mark of an idiot that knows absolutely nothing about that upon which he is pontificating.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Crediting him with any scholarly pursuit whatsoever (such as some imagined linguistic skill) is outrageous and the all-to-common mark of an idiot that knows absolutely nothing about that upon which he is pontificating.Harte
Come on Harte, we're just enjoying a good discussion and considering all possibilities. I gotta say though, I heard a few times about this guy, some say he's legit, others don't.

Here's an article about Cuneiform, pretty interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuneiform_script :)

CarpeNemo

He's far more legitimate than this "David Tsoukalos" that shows up on the History Channel's show, "Ancient Aliens" and yet that show gets oodles of funding, massive amounts of viewers, and they don't even try to introduce new concepts or theorize at all.

Calling him a deal old fraud is insanely disrespectful to his memory. He has translated many of the texts, but I'm sure he spent far more time analyzing texts that were already in readable form. I do not see how one could possibly try and call him a fraud - his books are nothing more than his own semi-theoretical take on the subject.

But the fact of the matter is the facts in his books line up. They line up in the biggest of ways by either confirming or strengthening known historical facts.

Nobody says a damned thing when Sumerian accounting documents talking about grain get translated, but when a man translates and theorizes about their religions and the possibility of aliens/gods, he's suddenly a "lying con man"? Last time I checked, he wasn't forcing his books and philosophies upon like the world, like Sigmund Fraud has been pushed upon us for the last hundred years.

Take his books as either insight or toilet paper - but do not sully a good man's memory by calling him a liar and a fraud simply because you do not agree with him.

Superman

Woah! That post scared me. I'm a Christian and a follower of God but I'm open to these kind of stuff. I got blown away about the Orme and Jesus being a crossbreed of aliens and human beings. I still believe in God but I was shocked and I thought if this was real then our so called "God" was actually and alien. Nice post! Mind boggling.