ancient laptop - proof of time travel?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Oh, saw that one earlier this week! I think it's some sort of small thin chest that probably contains jewels.

It really looks like a laptop though!

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I didn't see any jewels on the base of which does appear to be that of a laptop in the artwork. So it didn't look like a jewel box to me. For me, there is no question that the ancient Greeks and Romans, as well as other ancient peoples, had access to advanced technology, perhaps far more advanced than what we have in the mainstream today.

The person on the left looked like a servant or a slave, and the guy on the right looked like a nobleman. I think the servant was giving the nobleman his laptop for his amusement. The holes on the side of the laptop really did look like a representation of USB ports of some sorts. And how the hell would a man want to fool around with some jewelry?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Fool around with jewelry? What about a gift?

A precious jewel or set of jewels could come inside such a box sometimes. The left person would be presenting the gift to the right person possibly in that fashion.

"The gift XYZ sent you today, my lord. "

I'm not convinced it's jewelry, but I think it's a possibility.

Japrim

It appears to be either/or. It can represent either a gift box or something similar, or a laptop.

However, given the numerous examples of evidence of time travel to the ancient (to include a description of a laptop in ancient Egypt), it would not surprise me a bit if it turned out to actually be a laptop. Is there any accompanying description?

Something interesting to note is that it appears to be thin like a laptop. It seems that it would be deeper if it were a container box of some kind.

TimeFlipper

I'd have to see it from the top. If it has keys, THEN I'd start to wonder. :)

Besides, maybe the nobleman is buying his mistress a necklace for Valentine's Day.
The Nobleman wont be buying anything for his mistress Paula, not if he takes after you :p:D

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, those out of place artifacts definitely make you wonder.

I'm surprised @Eddy_P didn't comment on this yet. He's all about the out of place artifacts.