Anti Gravity

TimeFlipper

A few weeks ago i made a post regarding how 2 magnets stuck together with both north poles facing each other, could be part of a project to create a scalar wave.

Recently i became aware that with 2 very strong magnets stuck together (neodymium) with North or South poles facing each other, can produce a partial anti gravity effect.

If you drop the magnets from a reasonable height, together with any other object, lets say a stone, then the stone will hit the ground first!!

Maybe some of you have already tried the simple experiment of dropping a strong magnet down a copper tube, and the time it takes to fall out of the copper tube, is less time it takes than if you drop, lets say a cigarette filter, down the same tube!!

Remember that copper is not attracted to a magnet..You must try this out because it really works, just like the 2 magnets stuck together that i previously mentioned...and both experiments are very simple and cheap to make...Go and confuse your friends and families with these lol.. A word of warning..Be VERY careful when trying to stick the 2 magnets together, as they could fly off and hurt you, or other people near to you!!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It's not a valid experiment. The magnetic field is very large and will interact with any conductive metal in the vicinity. It's called the Lorentz force. It causes either a dragging or pulling effect.

TimeFlipper

Hi Einstein...THe Lorentz effect is brought about by electro-magnetism...The experiments use just magnets.

Martian

faradays-law.gif

I think that about sums it up. :rolleyes:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Hi Einstein...THe Lorentz effect is brought about by electro-magnetism...The experiments use just magnets.

That's right. But you need to conduct the experiment away from anything with metal. Even the coins in your pocket can affect the results. Is there Rebar in the concrete floor? I might point out that neodymium magnets put out a Tesla sized magnetic field. That can screw up a CRT monitor from across the room. So any results you think you might have are probably due to some conductive material in the area.

TimeFlipper

One of the experiments uses a copper tube whereby you put the 2 magnets that stuck together drop through the copper tube slower than even a small cigarette filter drops through it....Yes your are right about CRT monitors..

It doesnt matter wether there are any other conductive metals in the area of the magnets, as both experiments can be conducted outside on my lawn where there arent any conductive metals around...and i remind you that copper is a conductive metal that the magnets drop through anyway.....

Martian

Flipper of time, I agree with the Stein of Ein on this one. The stone thing could be caused by aerodynamic effects, and the copper tube thing works with a single magnet just as well as with multiple magnets. More importantly, you didn't describe a thorough experiment, with controls, data collection & analysis, etc.

TimeFlipper

Flipper of time, I agree with the Stein of Ein on this one. The stone thing could be caused by aerodynamic effects, and the copper tube thing works with a single magnet just as well as with multiple magnets. More importantly, you didn't describe a thorough experiment, with controls, data collection & analysis, etc.
Yes its true that a single magnet does slow down when placed into a copper tube...But by using 2 as i described, makes the dropping of the magnets even slower....I suggested that members try out both my experiments, then you will see the resuts for yourself..

Martian

That's because you've doubled the magnetic flux. Due to the zero divergence of magnetic fields, this means the full strength of both the magnets will pass through the copper.