Anti Gravity

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here are a couple videos I made demonstrating the push and pull effect a neodymium magnet has on conductive metal objects.

What is happening is the moving magnet induces a current in the conductor. The current flows in a circle turning the conductor into a magnet, as long as motion is present. The temporary magnetic conductor will either attract or repel depending on whether you apply a push or pull force on the magnet.

TimeFlipper

Yes Einstein but again its an electromagnetic field that you are talking about.......Iam talking about the simplicity of sticking 2 neodymian magnets together with no added electricity that can create a partial anti-gravity effect all on their own...No electricity involved what so ever..not a trace..just a normal magnetic field on its own lol :p:D

Martian

Ugh. A changing magnetic field creates an electric field, and a changing electric field creates a magnetic field. It's called electromagnetism for a reason. *throws a science book at you*

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Yes Einstein but again its an electromagnetic field that you are talking about.......Iam talking about the simplicity of sticking 2 neodymian magnets together with no added electricity that can create a partial anti-gravity effect all on their own...No electricity involved what so ever..not a trace..just a normal magnetic field on its own lol :p:D

When those magnets start to drop down the copper tube, the motion causes the magnetic field to induce a circular current in the copper tube. Current flowing in a circle will create a magnetic field of its own. It just so happens that the field created acts like an electromagnet that pushes back on the falling magnet. That is why the magnet falls slower. Making it appear as if there is an anti-gravity effect.

Now you being a Ham guy are aware that a moving magnetic field cutting across a conductor will induce a current. That is basic electromagnetic induction. So there is electricity flowing in that copper tube. It is flowing by induction, due to the moving magnetic field of the falling magnet.

These are the same principles used in electrical circuits.

TimeFlipper

Einstein..You are obsessed by electromagnetics LOL
The mere fact of 2 magnets dropping down a copper tube does not produce any current at all..All you are trying to do is make yourself appear good because i had to mention earlier about your error regarding the Lorentz effect, and you are trying vainly to say that the magnets dropping down a copper tube creates a current, which in turn becomes an electromagnetic field and that therefore you were correct all the time..

I suggest you go back to my original posting and do that experiment for yourself.....And by the way i have a very sensitive multimeter that can detect MICROAMPS, and i measured a few microamps in the copper tubing that were there purely because even in the copper tubings normal state, it can draw in electromagnetic waves (radio waves) on its own....But when i dropped the magnets down the tube, there was no increase of current at all..

It doesnt mean that just because iam a radio ham that i should be aware of what you said, i understand also how radio waves are formed..but iam certain that you would try to make an argument even out of that!!.....

TimeFlipper

Ugh. A changing magnetic field creates an electric field, and a changing electric field creates a magnetic field. It's called electromagnetism for a reason. *throws a science book at you*
Read the message i sent to Einstein...You too are grasping at straws

Martian

If that's what you want to think, go ahead.

I will point out, however, that you measured current on the copper tube incorrectly. Voltage is measured by connecting the multimeter in parallel, whereas current is measured in series. There's just no way you're going to be able to accurately measure the current flowing inside a pipe by placing the leads on the pipe surface. :rolleyes:

This is all covered in freshman level physics and electronics classes.

TimeFlipper

If that's what you want to think, go ahead.

I will point out, however, that you measured current on the copper tube incorrectly. Voltage is measured by connecting the multimeter in parallel, whereas current is measured in series. There's just no way you're going to be able to accurately measure the current flowing inside a pipe by placing the leads on the pipe surface. :rolleyes:
Wrong again..I was measuring current, not voltage...Thats why i put..Microamps