Balding?

The_Ruffneck

Balding?

Hey guys , i'm 20 and have already started balding , it's not that noticeable as yet but i find myself thinking about it constantly.When you shampoo your head and you count 7 hairs on your hand or constantly check to see if any hair has recently fallen out it's obsessive and it's annoying me.

I've heard some weird cures , just recently read on the internet that rubbing caffiene (eg coffee) into the scalp stimulates growth... lol , anyway i read this site http://www.getitback.us/ and im going to go without shampoos/conditioners on my hair for a while , i'll have to cut it shorter but hopefully if those chemicals etc in the shampoo don't dry out my hair/scalp then it might slow it down or something.

No-one probably cares but damn if im going to be balding at 20 and not go down fighting.
Over and out.

darkbreed

Re: Balding?

7 hair? Thats like nothing man. Wait till you get my age and have a handful not countable, then you can start worrying :/

CaryP

Sorry to hear Ruffneck. I don't know what "really works" I'm 50 and my hair has thinned some from my 20's but I don't have any bald spots. I have 5 brothers in an age range of 51 to 41. My older brother's hair was thinning noticably by his mid 30s and is now bald on top. My youngest brother's hair starting thinning noticably in his 20's, and is now completely bald on top. The other three still have most of their hair but all have greyed a lot. I have barely greyed at all. What's the point of this diatribe?

It's in the genes. Not much you can do about it.

Cary

StarLord

That's nothing, a good friend of mine started to go thin his last year in high school.
Rogaine. Minoxidil. Those are supposed to work. I think that Brewer's Yeast at your age might be a good Idea, a table spoon in fruit juice every day. When you wash your hair make sure you massage the scalp well. (Blood flow)

There are too ways to look at this. An over abundance in male hormones is what's causing this. We used to tell that guy that his brains were pushing his hair out of his scalp.

The gene for this comes from your mother's side. Are her brothers and father bald?

curious

Don't worry, you can always get a transplant :eek:) It's expensive, but permanent and looks real. My boyfriend's brother paid $20,000 CAD for about a quarter of his head, but the transplant hair looks great!

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"The_Ruffneck\")</div>
Hey guys , i'm 20 and have already started balding , it's not that noticeable as yet but i find myself thinking about it constantly.When you shampoo your head and you count 7 hairs on your hand or constantly check to see if any hair has recently fallen out it's obsessive and it's annoying me.

I've heard some weird cures , just recently read on the internet that rubbing caffiene (eg coffee) into the scalp stimulates growth... lol , anyway i read this site http://www.getitback.us/ and im going to go without shampoos/conditioners on my hair for a while , i'll have to cut it shorter but hopefully if those chemicals etc in the shampoo don't dry out my hair/scalp then it might slow it down or something.

No-one probably cares but damn if im going to be balding at 20 and not go down fighting.
Over and out.[/b]

Some people suffer from prolonged telogium effluvium, where you hair death cyle becomes disruoted and your hair effectively goes to sleep.

Steroids can work for this, or rob some hair of Cary, he has a fine rug. :lol:

sosuemetoo

Boys, Boys, Boys, can I interject before Ruff steals Cary's rug?

Many ladies prefer some hair loss and grayness in their men. It gives an aura of maturity.