Because It Happened

NeverClever

I'm just looking for some answers to something that happened to me. I was under the assumption that there were professionals in dealing with such topics on this site or that have studied such things and might want to assist me. I'm not freaked out, just curious. But the more I read into the possibilities of the matter, it does make me wonder. If anyone knows of a site or something.....let me know. In the big scheme, my experience seems minor to the things I've been glancing thru here....but it did happen and all my friends can fuck off for logical explanations of what and how rather than believing or at least agreeing something may have happened. Anyway, long story short, I believe a portal sucked me in and shot me clear across a large property and I didn't black out, didn't make a wrong turn...there was a physical reaction. I can go into more deep explanation with the right set of ears. I don't even know if this is the place to post this. Open to suggestions. Thanks

Last edited:

Sonix

I for one would like to hear more detail. I cannot offer an explanation, but I can say that I have experienced similar and have met people that have experienced similar. I have a friend that was dog-sitting for relatives in a neighborhood unfamiliar to him and while walking the dog he turned a corner then felt the sky seemed suddenly wrong (moon in the wrong direction type of thing) only to discover he was much further away from where he started than what it was physically possible for him to be (walking 10 minutes but an hour to get back). Similarly there is a stretch of the 103 highway in Nova Scotia on which I have experienced, and heard others' unsolicited stories, of having traveled and arrived at the destination sooner than expected, so much sooner that it there is no natural explanation for how this could be.

NeverClever

I for one would like to hear more detail. I cannot offer an explanation, but I can say that I have experienced similar and have met people that have experienced similar. I have a friend that was dog-sitting for relatives in a neighborhood unfamiliar to him and while walking the dog he turned a corner then felt the sky seemed suddenly wrong (moon in the wrong direction type of thing) only to discover he was much further away from where he started than what it was physically possible for him to be (walking 10 minutes but an hour to get back). Similarly there is a stretch of the 103 highway in Nova Scotia on which I have experienced, and heard others' unsolicited stories, of having traveled and arrived at the destination sooner than expected, so much sooner that it there is no natural explanation for how this could be.
Thank you. Believe it or not, you're the first to ever respond without rolling your eyes.....unless you were (joke)! I just knew there has to be more evidence...more people that have gone through the same thing. This happened years ago and I've only told a handful of people and I wasn't overly affected as I don't really over react to things. But this new angle has peaked my curiosity. I didn't have the sense to check the time (before or after) so to me, it was continuous real time. The more I read or listen....what if it wasnt? Damn. I don't know why I'm hesitant to my details. That's why I'm here! Ok. My dad and brother are buried close by and I've visited a million fucking times. The place is old and has only 5 small roads within. There are only 2 ways in and out. The front entrance which I always use makes my visit easy cuz it's just one circular road,really. Before you exit, there's a peacock enclosure with about a dozen beautiful blue birds. On this day, as I was doing whatever I do at the grave, the road(exit) I always take towards the peacocks was packed due to a burial taking place so I must avoid all that and decided to use the other entrance/exit at the southern part of the property. As I was happily headed towards the other exit south (avoiding all the vehicles and mourners,everything behind me)my head,stomach, everything began to spin and I felt lost and disoriented(in this tiny place I've been to countless times....only a few roads!)I actually said wtf is happening like I was about to pass out, then just as quickly, I was driving passed the peacocks on the other side of the cemetery towards the other (original)exit. That's it. I don't care. I didn't make a wrong turn. You really can't make a wrong turn. From where I was, to get to where I ended up, would have been a series of 3point turns, backwards on tiny roads....with a funeral taking place...NO. I know cuz it happened to me. And that's all I know. Sorry for the language in a spot or two. One of my friends says, "Well, I can see it happening to you but....and your car?" I truly need new friends. But again, time. Altering time. To me it was seconds. And I'm glad I ended up in the same place and time....but what if I didnt? Memory can be erased...idk. This is me not over reacting

Sonix

Going by the details you provide, this sounds like a genuine anomalous experience. It was similar details of my own experience driving the 103 highway in Nova Scotia that convinced me that something exceptional had occurred. It was Christmas Eve approximately 20 years ago. I had a business in the city but lived out Queensland in the county (usually a 40 minute drive when going at or just above the speed limit). My business partner and I were feeling tight for time because we were only closing doors on the business at 5pm, were then picking up a Christmas tree, and some relatives were going to be showing up at my house for 6pm. We closed just before 5pm, picked up the tree (which I strapped to the roof of the car) and headed out of the city. I remember looking at the clock in the car and thinking "We are just going to make it (for 6pm)" because it was now 5:15pm. As soon as we reached the outskirts of the city we hit a fog bank - very poor visibility. Between that and the slippery road conditions and having a tree strapped to the roof, I was driving much slower that usual and was certain we were going to be late but had to keep focused on the road due to the fog. When we eventually pulled into the driveway in Queensland, it was only 20 minutes after we had left the city. I had never made the trip in 20 minutes previously even when in a rush with no traffic, clear roads and visibility, and breaking the speed limit - and I drove this route daily year-round. Since that experience I've been told by others (unsolicited) about driving the 103 (a route they regularly take) and arriving at their destination with impossible promptness. I have seen scattered UFO reports from along one stretch of that highway over the years but do not know if that is related. Also, I grew up in proximity to there and we had short random stretches of time when I was a kid that metal objects in the house would become magnetized and compasses were out of whack.

NeverClever

I'm just looking for some answers to something that happened to me. I was under the assumption that there were professionals in dealing with such topics on this site or that have studied such things and might want to assist me. I'm not freaked out, just curious. But the more I read into the possibilities of the matter, it does make me wonder. If anyone knows of a site or something.....let me know. In the big scheme, my experience seems minor to the things I've been glancing thru here....but it did happen and all my friends can fuck off for logical explanations of what and how rather than believing or at least agreeing something may have happened. Anyway, long story short, I believe a portal sucked me in and shot me clear across a large property and I didn't black out, didn't make a wrong turn...there was a physical reaction. I can go into more deep explanation with the right set of ears. I don't even know if this is the place to post this. Open to suggestions. Thanks

Kairos

My suspicion is that most if not all of these missing time cases are actually cases of lost consciousness. It's just a trance state. You don't actually need to be conscious to carry out most tasks in your life. You only use it to address novel situations. This condition happening when you are driving is called highway hypnosis and is a well-studied phenomenon.

When I experience these things, I do remember driving under the hypnotic trance for the most part, but I also have this feeling like I wasn't paying attention. There was no consciousness involved at all.

If you had the same experience but did not have memory of that span of time, it would seem to you just as you described in the OP.

Sonix

@Kairos , the related incidents that I've described were discovered by awareness of clock time, and sometimes only by other people - one example I was told was the person calling home from one location, saying they were on their way, and arriving at the destination in 15 minutes when it should have taken them 45 minutes. The driver not even noticing anything peculiar (in this example) but his wife arguing he couldn't have been calling from where he said he did because it would have been impossible to get home in the time that lapsed. I am aware of road hypnosis, but that doesn't get you to your destination any faster. Of course these examples may be of a different sort than the OP, but they are reason enough for me not to dismiss the possibility that the OP could be describing a very real mystery.

NeverClever

My suspicion is that most if not all of these missing time cases are actually cases of lost consciousness. It's just a trance state. You don't actually need to be conscious to carry out most tasks in your life. You only use it to address novel situations. This condition happening when you are driving is called highway hypnosis and is a well-studied phenomenon.

When I experience these things, I do remember driving under the hypnotic trance for the most part, but I also have this feeling like I wasn't paying attention. There was no consciousness involved at all.

If you had the same experience but did not have memory of that span of time, it would seem to you just as you described in the OP.
Hey Kairos. I get it, and I believe our subconscious mind can do any and every thing. But what you described seems like it would take a minute to enter that state. What happened to me was (what I believe) mere seconds. And honestly, the time issue just came to me recently. The issue for me was the illness I briefly felt and where I ended up. Without going there. I don't think my body would have physically reacted that way if I was in a sleep state. But I don't know? The time issue came to me when I was watching some abduction story and hearing how easy it would be to just erase memory and alter time as we know it. I don't believe I was abducted but if I was gone 1 second, the possibilities can be endless. Thanks for responding and please continue

NeverClever

Are you describing a missing time event? Or did you actually enter and experience being inside a portal?
Hey. Both I guess. This happened a few years back and I thought it was just something pretty unbelievable and cool. Only told a few people and was fine taking the experience to my grave. But then I've been spending way too much time on YouTube and the existence of different dimensions and traveling to and from.....i hadn't even connected that my experience might have been something along those lines. Or not? I don't know. Then I hear of people who claim to have been from another time and how must it have happened?