BOOK CORNER: What are you reading now?

Justinian

Without Warning (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Without Warning is a series of novels (3) that are written by John Birmingham. I loved this book. Not the best read ever, but the overall story arc is awesome.

Let me give you a taste..

America's forces are set on the Kuwait border ready to invade Iraq. When all of a sudden, communications with the US are lost. This barrier of energy has come to cover most of North America, save Alaska, western Washington state, Hawaii, and the area of Cuba around Guantanamo Bay, and souther Mexico. So the story starts with.. what happens to the World? How is the World shaped with the sudden and dramatic loss of the United States of America? \

The book itself is written from the perspective of, I believe, 4 different people in different scenarios around the world, that while acting independently, are all working towards the climax of the plot. Each of the books is written this way. I'll be quite honest, some of the chapters I just glanced over, but overall.. WOW.

Justinian

I'm on a new series of books now. The Farseer Trilogy. The Farseer Trilogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a series about the bastard son of a man next in line to be King. It's a good fantasy book about this young man growing up and the trials he faces while he's trying to be a good King's man. It's got magic, and telepathy, and him as an assassin.

For anyone reading ebooks, have you noticed that sometimes when you convert them from one format to another that words become mispelled? I notice it a lot in my ebooks. Not sure what's causing it and doesn't really affect the plot, but it can be annoying when it's a word that is mispelled to be a whole other word.

Dr.Acula

Well, i just finished reading: The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd. It's a book about Vlad, who is the only Hal-Vampire int the world. It's amazing and nothing like those Twilight book's are movies. I just can't understand how the Twilight movies were made and The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd hasn't been made yet. Can't wait to get started on the spin off series: The Slayer Chronicles!

decade_later

I haven't read what you would call a "proper" novel for a while. I read around 20-30 comic books each month and a lot of Manga. Currently reading Psyren (I'm on book 11 of 16..please...no spoilers!!). Love this series so far, If you wanna take a look here is book 1:

Psyren 1: Amazon.co.uk: Iwashiro Toshiaki: Books

Great story about being teleported to a future world where you have to fight your way back to the present.

Phil Wainwright

Have treated myself this year for Christmas. No more using my phone as a book reader, I have bought myself a real ebook (cheapest I could find.... but it works :D)

The first book I have bought for it. In fact the first book to go on it......

Is 'The Philadelphia Experiment and Montauk Project.'