Boycott the NFL

TnWatchdog

It looks like the kneelers are ready for another season. I watched the beginning of the local team's game and they started coverage at kickoff. I think the anthem was played during the commercial break...nice way to address an issue, avoid it.

FB_IMG_1534156427852.jpg

TnWatchdog

FB_IMG_1535222008344.jpg

I enjoy football but I am the frog that is jumping out of the NFL pot, while others cook. This whole kneeling thing is bs brought to you by the pathetic liberals who continue the divide of this country. All it is...is propaganda to desensitize the flock to a globalist way of thinking.

TnWatchdog

Today, Titans at Pittsburgh...local coverage. The third week in a row they break for a commercial then come back at kickoff with no mention of the national anthem. Just look at that big crowd. Game is off...not watching.
20180825_150301.jpg
Some will say the small crowd is due to it being a preseason game...I use to go to games and it was always full even during the preseason...unless your team really sucked.

Harte

View attachment 7526

I enjoy football but I am the frog that is jumping out of the NFL pot, while others cook. This whole kneeling thing is bs brought to you by the pathetic liberals who continue the divide of this country. All it is...is propaganda to desensitize the flock to a globalist way of thinking.
I think an edit is in order.
"But I've never NEEDED a Professional football player."

No way I could face life without Herschel.

Harte

TimeFlipper

If you have the freedom of speech to criticize the left and they have the freedom to protest against a president they dislike. I am pro freedom.

Freedom of speech?...Try publicly issuing a death threat to President Trump and find out what happens to you!
Thankfully, there will always be a "grey area" within the rights to freedom of speech
View attachment 7526

politics-libdem-liberal_democrat-politician-yellow-parties-abrn838_low.jpg

Cirrus

Freedom of speech?...Try publicly issuing a death threat to President Trump and find out what happens to you!

That happens a lot. My guess is that it happened even more when Obama was president. My guess is that it rarely happened when Bush was president.

I wonder, though, is the US intelligence community more or less likely to vociferously investigate such threats when the president openly denounces the US intelligence community.

More back on topic... I think the whole kneeling during the anthem has reached its apex. The reason for the kneeling has been made and continuing to kneel without actually trying to do something about the social injustice does nothing. If you're going to make a civil political statement, then you need to be ready to push toward change with your non-violent actions to really effect such change.

TimeFlipper

IMHO, the act of kneeling is part of the protocol for American Football, or you can call it a tradition if you wish, and i believe it should be maintained and if necessary be made a rule..

In the UK and our football, we have a rule called "Gentlemanly Conduct, and if it is continually broken during a match, the referee will issue a yellow card to the offending player...If the player continues to break the rule, he will receive a second yellow card with in turn becomes the Red card and he is sent off the pitch and consequently misses the next Football match..

The offending player`s Manager can "fine" that player a certain amount of money for being sent off, which had jeopardised his teams success....However, very very few players have received a Red card for that offence, but it is still a rule that every Football Player is aware of, trivial as though you may think it is...:)..

Cirrus

IMHO, the act of kneeling is part of the protocol for American Football, or you can call it a tradition if you wish, and i believe it should be maintained and if necessary be made a rule..

In the UK and our football, we have a rule called "Gentlemanly Conduct, and if it is continually broken during a match, the referee will issue a yellow card to the offending player...If the player continues to break the rule, he will receive a second yellow card with in turn becomes the Red card and he is sent off the pitch and consequently misses the next Football match..

The offending player`s Manager can "fine" that player a certain amount of money for being sent off, which had jeopardised his teams success....However, very very few players have received a Red card for that offence, but it is still a rule that every Football Player is aware of, trivial as though you may think it is...:)..

But "Gentlemanly Conduct" is a bit different from taking a knee on the sideline prior to a match. For example, if prior to a UEFA match between Videoton FC and AEK FC the entire AEK FC team took a knee during the Hungarian national anthem, would the ref give the entire team a yellow card? What if Hungary and Greece were in the middle of a war or an economic showdown that resulted in AEK taking a knee to express their displeasure in a civil and non-violent way? Would the ref throw a yellow card at the entire AEK team then? That's what we have in the NFL: a group of players non-violently expressing displeasure with social justice related to race. Are there other ways to express such displeasure? Sure, but NFL players have a national platform because of all the cameras on them during games. They got their message out, but without doing more than that their message is not worth much.

TimeFlipper

But "Gentlemanly Conduct" is a bit different from taking a knee on the sideline prior to a match. For example, if prior to a UEFA match between Videoton FC and AEK FC the entire AEK FC team took a knee during the Hungarian national anthem, would the ref give the entire team a yellow card? What if Hungary and Greece were in the middle of a war or an economic showdown that resulted in AEK taking a knee to express their displeasure in a civil and non-violent way? Would the ref throw a yellow card at the entire AEK team then? That's what we have in the NFL: a group of players non-violently expressing displeasure with social justice related to race. Are there other ways to express such displeasure? Sure, but NFL players have a national platform because of all the cameras on them during games. They got their message out, but without doing more than that their message is not worth much.

I was making the case for the continuation of players kneeling before a game is played...I wasn`t suggesting that American Football Players should be governed by "Gentlemanly Conduct", thats for our English Footballers, and you appear to be taking a lot of postings out of context..