Boycott the NFL

alpha centauri

But "Gentlemanly Conduct" is a bit different from taking a knee on the sideline prior to a match. For example, if prior to a UEFA match between Videoton FC and AEK FC the entire AEK FC team took a knee during the Hungarian national anthem, would the ref give the entire team a yellow card? What if Hungary and Greece were in the middle of a war or an economic showdown that resulted in AEK taking a knee to express their displeasure in a civil and non-violent way? Would the ref throw a yellow card at the entire AEK team then? That's what we have in the NFL: a group of players non-violently expressing displeasure with social justice related to race. Are there other ways to express such displeasure? Sure, but NFL players have a national platform because of all the cameras on them during games. They got their message out, but without doing more than that their message is not worth much.

I think the UEFA still separates the teams from Ukraine and Russia and that would also happen to other
wars.

UEFA will continue to keep Russian and Ukrainian clubs apart for Europa League semi-finals but toxic final remains possible | Daily Mail Online

As far as I know that is also the case by other teams at the EURO qualification, for example Aserbaichan and Armenia .

TimeFlipper

I think the UK newspaper is over stretching its reporting validity...Yes i do believe that players will be sent off the football pitches, for bad tackles, but that happens at almost every football match in the UK every week :LOL:..

During the last World Cup matches played in Russia, there were fears of Polish fans causing chaos with Russian fans, due to some unresolved grievances from World War Two!!...Even English fans were supposed to have been creating "World War Three" with the Russian Fans!!...Nothing of that sort actually happened..

There are no reasons why football teams need to be in contact with other countries teams before a match...During the matches in Russia all the nations football teams played with respect for each other, because they were the "representatives" of their own countries, and on view to the whole world, and would NEED to show sportsmanship..

Personally i dont see any real problems happening, remember that newspapers need to "create" problems that might never exist, but thats how they sell their newspapers ;) :D..

Mayhem

Zenith
Off topic.

No Ultras in any European country would have taken on the Russians in the own back yard.

If you ever seen their own groups that they have fighting off against each other would show, that no one was going to cause trouble like in the Euros a few years ago.

In saying that the Daily mail is quality journalism:mad:

alpha centauri

I think the UK newspaper is over stretching its reporting validity.

Why should they lie about obvious things? I think that maybe they lie about wars, politics and such thing but not things you can very easily varify.

Here are the regulations from last year (UEFA WEBSITE):

Is it an open draw?

No team can play a club from their UEFA Europa League group or a side from the same national association. Based on decisions taken by the UEFA Executive Committee, teams from Russia and Ukraine cannot be drawn together.

All you need to know: Europa League draw

TimeFlipper

Why should they lie about obvious things? I think that maybe they lie about wars, politics and such thing but not things you can very easily varify.

Here are the regulations from last year (UEFA WEBSITE):

Is it an open draw?

No team can play a club from their UEFA Europa League group or a side from the same national association. Based on decisions taken by the UEFA Executive Committee, teams from Russia and Ukraine cannot be drawn together.

All you need to know: Europa League draw

I wasn`t saying that the Daily Mail was lying, i was quoting how newspapers can use "conflict" for the purpose of generating newspapers sales....I call that stretching the truth a bit, especially as to how they used their statement in the link by saying,...."but TOXIC final remains with Zenit St Petersburg Dinipro and Dynamo Kiev still involved" :)..

alpha centauri

I wasn`t saying that the Daily Mail was lying, i was quoting how newspapers can use "conflict" for the purpose of generating newspapers sales....I call that stretching the truth a bit, especially as to how they used their statement in the link by saying,...."but TOXIC final remains with Zenit St Petersburg Dinipro and Dynamo Kiev still involved" :)..
Sorry. Thx for clarification. I have sometime problems with the language (English).