Bush Did Not Win the Election?

Judge Bean

Originally posted by phase12@Dec 29 2004, 12:10 AM
Okay, so you're saying that I can say whatever I want (thanks, BTW :) ) but you don't like the manner in which I say them? My responses where directly to what you have said.

Not what I meant-- but you knew that already, right? You're free to say whatever you want to however you want to say it: but, if you say some stuff, you're going to get some other stuff back.

Perhaps some recovering alcoholics call themselves \"dry drunks\" but that only means they are not recovering, at least that is the common standard by which members of AA go by. To them, a dry drunk is someone that has simply stopped drinking, but not in mind and spirit and exhibits alcoholic behavour. Oh, I guess you're going to use the \"alcoholic behavour\" as ammunition against Bush, but you really should attend some AA for about a year interacting with others before you really make a judgement call on just what that is.

I don't need to do field research myself to form an opinion; others have done it for me. Experts in speech pathology have made a study of the president's patterns of expression over the past few years, and have noted a marked decline in his ability to retain complex ideation and to formulate novel speech-- exactly what happens to someone of his age suffering from an assault on the brain's oxygen by alcohol abuse. The article is in a recent issue of Psychology Today, I believe.

But, in addition, consider what you are suggesting: that I should spend a year in AA before forming or expressing an opinion about the mental state of the president. That is quite an interesting thing to say.

Basically, a dry drunk may not be drinking, but has not mended his problem, half of which is emotional, and by AA standards, spiritual. Generally, calling someone a dry drunk is derogatory, which is what you intended. My point was, that I know from personal experience that it takes alot of strength, will power, and character to overcome the disease and addiction; having not only seen just from myself, but from others I have known. It's no picnic.

So, let me get this straight: President Bush may be someone who has serious emotional and spiritual problems, who lacks the strength of character to overcome his addiction. It looks as though my description of him in this (granted) abbreviated manner was quite on the mark.

Oh, and I haven't come back to just say I was fooling around when making provacative statements. What I have done, is come back and apologize for choice language and terms I've used that ruffled some feathers. That I have done.

What you are pointing out, unless I am mistaken, is what I said regarding the endorsements from the Heinze Corporation, and Busch Beer. And I said from the very start that I simply found that to be funny and ironic, nothing more. If you don't find that to be somewhat comedic, then we just have a different sense of humor. You are really giving me more credit than I deserve. I don't sit here and plot posts for only sake of stirring people up. I do however say what I think. If something does grab your attention, then that's you. If I get out of line, and I sometimes do, I will come back and apologize and/or clarify. I'm not sure why I'm having to defend it this time around, however, because there wasn't anything to the Heinze/Busch connection other than what was originally stated... and that it is that I find it funny. My post was about lobby money, and your response to that was about a bunch of bozos and drunks.

The beer/ketchup thing is funnier to Bush partisans than to some of the rest of us. I tend to look behind what people say, as well as try to appreciate humor when it is available, and what I saw was a pattern in your response to my posts in response to yours. For example, on another thread you described a strange encounter with a stranger who invoked the strange year (for you) of 1996. When I discussed how this fit in with both 12 Monkeys and a tradition in Western literature and mythology of encounters with unusual strangers, you backed off and said that it was all a trivial thing and didn't deserve much analysis.

You may be right, and I apologize for overanalyzing tidbits. But one thing I believe we must be vigilant in doing is closely examining the complex of lies and chicanery being presented to us as our representative government. We are literally losing our private lives, our posterity, and our freedom to these criminals.

My observation regarding the irony of those two company endorsements was simple, unloaded, and hardly designed to draw \"amplified response.\" But I guess you're apparently looking into what I say a little too much. Maybe I'm part of the conspiracy?!

I find this interesting, also. The truth is, the government itself is the most paranoid conspiracy theorist in existence. Do you know that they have a list (under project Echelon) of over a thousand inane expressions or words, including hundreds of alphabet designations like "CIA" and "NSC," which, as I understand it, when used over the internet, can result in surveillance of your speech, and possibly investigation into your activities? Look up this combination on Google: SAI and Majic. We are all part of the conspiracy, pal; it's just that some of us are in the part with all of the money and power.

Now, my experience with alcoholism is something alot more serious and personal to me, and that is NOT something I'd be joking about. Plus, I do consider the President's ability to overcome the bottle a strength, which was the main point of that reply.

This is the age of lowered expectations. You see it in the test scores and the tolerance for the crap in the movies and TV. Now we're supposed to see it in the White House? Just what is it about us that makes us deserve or accept a person for President of the United States who has the moral standards of Amsterdam or
Bangkok? I'm talking about Clinton. Why do we think we should settle for a president who has a drinking problem?

Of the ones we had to choose from, there were probably three or four with drinking problems, if statistics and sociological data were consulted. I won't name names, but the stress, the ages of the candidates, the emotional pressures, and the way some of them acted...

I don't expect anyone to \"pick up my cue\" and run with anything. I'm giving my opinions, my experiences, and I don't see why I am having to defend that.

You don't have to defend what you say, and I don't mean to denigrate either you or your opinions based on experiences. I apologize for this impression.

Finally, though... come on, Bush?

phase12

Not what I meant-- but you knew that already, right?? You're free to say whatever you want to however you want to say it: but, if you say some stuff, you're going to get some other stuff back.

Rightly so, but wasn't that what I was doing in relation to what you were saying as well?

I don't need to do field research myself to form an opinion; others have done it for me.? Experts in speech pathology have made a study of the president's patterns of expression over the past few years, and have noted a marked decline in his ability to retain complex ideation and to formulate novel speech-- exactly what happens to someone of his age suffering from an assault on the brain's oxygen by alcohol abuse.? The article is in a recent issue of Psychology Today, I believe.

I can't argue with that research for multiple reasons. One being; I haven't looked at the research. The other being; it sounds logical to me anyway.

I'm not sure how much this would apply to the president, however. He quit heavy drinking in his 30's, and I've known plenty of practicing alcoholics in their 50's and 60's that sound better drunk than he does sober. I'll just say this much, he's not a very good public speaker, to say the least.

But, in addition, consider what you are suggesting: that I should spend a year in AA before forming or expressing an opinion about the mental state of the president.? That is quite an interesting thing to say.

Actually, my point was to spend time AA to see what alcoholic behavour really is, before determining whether the President, or any other person you may deem to be a "dry drunk" by the definition that I gave of it. There are plenty of people I have met at meetings that have been "dry drunks" for years before finally coming to AA, and explaining that without the system, they still had the same emotional and character problems before working the program, and singing its praises.

So, let me get this straight: President Bush may be someone who has serious emotional and spiritual problems, who lacks the strength of character to overcome his addiction.? It looks as though my description of him in this (granted) abbreviated manner was quite on the mark.

I knew (and mentioned this already) that you would use that statement as ammunition against the President. I simply disagree with you on this one. He exhibits no alcoholic tendencies in my opinion, but that's a given when one mentions character and flaws in this man, we're simply not going to agree because we are on opposite ends in our opinion of him and what he is doing. You despise him and what he is doing, I have the opposite view. So no big surprise there.

On a quick thought, we're bothing assuming he was an alcoholic, at least in this arguement. Heavy drinking at a certain part in your life doesn't necessarily make you an alcoholic. It is a disease. Some people just party too much in school, then drop it, for example, with no issues or problems. Others (like several of my family members) drank alot at certain points in their life, and became social drinkers later, and had no problems with their lifes. That's neither here nor there, I just that I'd throw that out, just in case Mr. Bush was not an alcoholic.

The beer/ketchup thing is funnier to Bush partisans than to some of the rest of us.? I tend to look behind what people say, as well as try to appreciate humor when it is available, and what I saw was a pattern in your response to my posts in response to yours.? For example, on another thread you described a strange encounter with a stranger who invoked the strange year (for you) of 1996.? When I discussed how this fit in with both 12 Monkeys and a tradition in Western literature and mythology of encounters with unusual strangers, you backed off and said that it was all a trivial thing and didn't deserve much analysis.

I don't know about that. I've had good laugh about it with at least a couple of people that were anything but Bush supporters, but hey, everyone is different.

About my encounter with that man in the subway. I think we just got our wires completely crossed. I was under the impression you were suggesting I was spreading some sort of urban myth or something along those lines. Apparently I misunderstood. Fact of it is, my practical side does tell me that the man I encountered was just an injured man that might have been medicated, kinda looney, or simply meant what he said... that it was an interesting year. Trust me, I want to believe he was a time traveller. That's why I'm on this board, afterall: Time Travel. I suppose I was under the false impression that you were suggesting that I must have been fibbing on the subject. That, in large part, comes from certain insecurity, I will admit. The general public looks at me like I'm insane if I bring something like that up.

You may be right, and I apologize for overanalyzing tidbits.? But one thing I believe we must be vigilant in doing is closely examining the complex of lies and chicanery being presented to us as our representative government.? We are literally losing our private lives, our posterity, and our freedom to these criminals.

I think that's great. The government has always lied to us on multiple scales, and very many like yourself think it's reaching a boiling point. I just happen to not be one of them. That doesn't mean I don't think these areas shouldn't be explored, I'm just not agreeing with many of the accusations and possible conclusions.

I find this interesting, also.? The truth is, the government itself is the most paranoid conspiracy theorist in existence.? Do you know that they have a list (under project Echelon) of over a thousand inane expressions or words, including hundreds of alphabet designations like \"CIA\" and \"NSC,\" which, as I understand it, when used over the internet, can result in surveillance of your speech, and possibly investigation into your activities?? Look up this combination on Google: SAI and Majic.? We are all part of the conspiracy, pal; it's just that some of us are in the part with all of the money and power.

Yes, I do know. I've run several discussion boards that had federal agents as members, in disguise. But then again, we dealt with an illegal subject matter. But yeah, I am aware of the survellience. I think it's generally bad, but there are of course two sides the issue. If they can track down terrorists via this method, great. If they start reading my email, well, I hope they don't start forwarding around those pictures of me hanging naked from a tree limb doing my tarzan act when I got drunk at my HS graduation party back in '93.

This is the age of lowered expectations.? You see it in the test scores and the tolerance for the crap in the movies and TV.? Now we're supposed to see it in the White House?? Just what is it about us that makes us deserve or accept a person for President of the United States who has the moral standards of Amsterdam or
Bangkok?? I'm talking about Clinton.? Why do we think we should settle for a president who has a drinking problem?

Of the ones we had to choose from, there were probably three or four with drinking problems, if statistics and sociological data were consulted.? I won't name names, but the stress, the ages of the candidates, the emotional pressures, and the way some of them acted...

As far as I know, the President does no longer have a drinking problem. The majority of Congress does, however, both parties. This has been a Washington mainstay forever. At least Teddy looks like he is cleaning up his act. He no longer looks like a giant tomato head.

I do agree this is an age of lowered expectations, though as you might guess, I don't think this President is an example of it. Clinton... well, low expectations in the moral and self-control department, but I've yet to see a better politician, though I guess that's not really a compliment, now is it? :huh:

You don't have to defend what you say, and I don't mean to denigrate either you or your opinions based on experiences.? I apologize for this impression.?

Finally, though... come on, Bush?

It's no biggie Paul. I know I'm not exactly a peach.

And yes.... Bush. ;)

CaryP

I'm not sure how much this would apply to the president, however. He quit heavy drinking in his 30's

Let me whip this dead horse one more lick. I saw a video on Bush during his first campaign in 2000. According to the program, he spent his 40th birthday in an all night drunk with his buddies in a hotel in Dallas. As Laura Bush said in the program, she told him at one point he'd have to chose between her and Jim Beam in his mid 40's. He finally chose her. It's not the drinking now, it's the mood drugs he's being given to try and keep him on an even keel. The boy is also wearing some form of monitoring vest. It has been alledged that he had a minor stroke during his first term. The vest monitors vital signs in case something happens. The minor stroke might explain some of his incoherent and somewhat slurred speech. The vest can be seen in photos from his debate with Kerry. If you're interested I can post some links to both claims of W's medication and the monitoring vest he wears.

Cary

Judge Bean

Originally posted by CaryP@Dec 29 2004, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure how much this would apply to the president, however. He quit heavy drinking in his 30's

Let me whip this dead horse one more lick. I saw a video on Bush during his first campaign in 2000. According to the program, he spent his 40th birthday in an all night drunk with his buddies in a hotel in Dallas. As Laura Bush said in the program, she told him at one point he'd have to chose between her and Jim Beam in his mid 40's. He finally chose her. It's not the drinking now, it's the mood drugs he's being given to try and keep him on an even keel. The boy is also wearing some form of monitoring vest. It has been alledged that he had a minor stroke during his first term. The vest monitors vital signs in case something happens. The minor stroke might explain some of his incoherent and somewhat slurred speech. The vest can be seen in photos from his debate with Kerry. If you're interested I can post some links to both claims of W's medication and the monitoring vest he wears.

Cary

There's also the cocaine use from the 1980s, and the reported irrational temper tantrums in which he yells obscenities.

StarLord

Cary,
For some reason, that information is actually very comforting. Now, if we can just get the Mill Of God to speed up some..........

CaryP

There's also the cocaine use from the 1980s, and the reported irrational temper tantrums in which he yells obscenities.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt on the cocaine, kinda like his DUI record that was expunged. The temper tantrums are what the mood drugs are for.

Cary,
For some reason, that information is actually very comforting. Now, if we can just get the Mill Of God to speed up some..........

Careful what you ask for. Get rid of the puppet, and you get the puppet master. His name is Cheney, but he's known as "Dick." Yes, with a capital D.

Cary

P.S. May the horse rest in peace.

StarLord

Actually Cary, the thought was for both. We certainly wouldn't want Cheney to feel left out. If he's that crooked, a modicum of attention in his direction may work out nicely also, that way they can keep each other company...... :devil:

CaryP

Originally posted by StarLord@Dec 29 2004, 04:27 PM
Actually Cary, the thought was for both. We certainly wouldn't want Cheney to feel left out. If he's that crooked, a modicum of attention in his direction may work out nicely also, that way they can keep each other company...... :devil:

May God keep them in eternal company then. LOL

Cary

Judge Bean

Do you know that they have a list (under project Echelon) of over a thousand inane expressions or words, including hundreds of alphabet designations like "CIA" and "NSC," which, as I understand it, when used over the internet, can result in surveillance of your speech, and possibly investigation into your activities?

Here's a paragraph consisting entirely of the government's suspicious words:

"Press-release: Stephanie Austin contacts Rand Corporation executive; the rebels import real bronze sport sneakers."