can i travel back in time and change my decision?

abrooks051

i want to change a decision i took 10 years ago.
Of all places, "Family Guy" touched on the subject of time traveling to change a previous decision. While you think that the decision turned out for the worse, there is no way of knowing if changing that decision would actually improve your present situation. Say you turned left at a stop sign and hit a dog. You felt very bad and you wanted to change the results. You time travel and rather than taking a left you turn right and run over a child. Just my two cents worth.

JackStagger

Of all places, "Family Guy" touched on the subject of time traveling to change a previous decision. While you think that the decision turned out for the worse, there is no way of knowing if changing that decision would actually improve your present situation. Say you turned left at a stop sign and hit a dog. You felt very bad and you wanted to change the results. You time travel and rather than taking a left you turn right and run over a child. Just my two cents worth.

Very true.

I'm going to throw in some tough love with that because I think a lot of people have the notion that time manipulation could solve all our problems and it's hard to swallow that such is not the case. On principle regret is a funny thing, you think that if things had just gone differently or if you had made different decisions then everything could have worked out fine. The funny part is that you never really deserved for it to, and that is why it didn't. We all have regrets and mistakes, at some point in our lives we stop being sorry and start being better. Time travel could never erase the principle of regret, that is just how it is. Knowledge and personal reconciliation is your only true escape, otherwise, you're just rearranging a diorama.

abrooks051

Very true.

I'm going to throw in some tough love with that because I think a lot of people have the notion that time manipulation could solve all our problems and it's hard to swallow that such is not the case. On principle regret is a funny thing, you think that if things had just gone differently or if you had made different decisions then everything could have worked out fine. The funny part is that you never really deserved for it to, and that is why it didn't. We all have regrets and mistakes, at some point in our lives we stop being sorry and start being better. Time travel could never erase the principle of regret, that is just how it is. Knowledge and personal reconciliation is your only true escape, otherwise, you're just rearranging a diorama.
Causality. I personally, would like to travel back to see if certain "facts" in history are "true". Were dinosaurs green? Did the artists who made the paintings displaying "UFO's" actually see something? Who, how and why did they build the ancient cities and buildings?