Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

I lived in Hull, QC which is right across the bridge from Ottawa... Right off of Rue Bedard if you know where that is. We went to the Rideau Canal all the time in the winter. Awesome Beaver Tails... We call 'em Elephant Ears here.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Cool, I know where it is, but I never went there.
I don't travel much !

They say we're going to have elections in Canada this fall...

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
Jurgen, if what you say is true about Obama, how come none of this has come out yet? And is someones birthplace and religious schooling really a reason to hate him? If you hate his stance on something or think he's flaky, say that. Attack personality, not nationality.

Well I do not hate Obama at all, he is just a lying politician. But they did find his Kenyan birth certificate and the US media does not print it. In the regard that he is most probable a Muslim? Well thats up to the US people if they want him to be King Obama. I have nothing against Muslims but the US people should be told if it is so. Actually he is now in a court case in the US where he has to prove his nationality. The laws that you have to be a natural borne US citicen are your laws, not mine. You will be surprised how much is actually not shown by the US press, do not forget that the total media that is radio, tv, magazines and newspapers are owned by the same 2 or maximum 3 so called gentleman. If an editor prints something they do not like he is fired or worse. I expect that the opposition party will bring this things out into the open a couple of days before the next election. If they do that it will leave the democrats without any reasonable candidates. Ok, we will see what happens. At the moment the US political system is the laughing stock of most other countries, at least as far as their media is not controlled by the same group of people.
Regards

Whitelight

I'm Canadian, its not my law :)

Quebecois can be really intolerant to english speakin Canadians. From what I hear from others that have gone their. I haven't had a personal experience myself.

A comedian even did a thing about it on the comedy network. It was pretty much about how they're nice to the rude, prejudiced Americans who treat them badly, but an english speaking Canadian gets the cold shoulder.

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
I'm Canadian, its not my law :)

Quebecois can be really intolerant to english speakin Canadians. From what I hear from others that have gone their. I haven't had a personal experience myself.

I do agree, A few years ago in Quebec I had to buy an electric drill. Not one of the sales people even pretended to understand the English language. I thing it has to do that they believe that they are part of the not so great, great French nation. So all others are barely to be considered humans.
Regards

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yeah, some people I know don't speak so much English, and they don't want to learn it.
I'm not one of those, by the way. I can't find any good reason not to learn English as a second language.

For those like me, living in Quebec, it's ok to learn and speak English, as long as it stays our second language.

If you don't respect the others (in that case, those who don't speak French), they're not going to respect you. A lot of people in Qc don't understand it yet.

Num7

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
Why can't all Canadians get along? We're such great people :)

Yes, that's one thing which has puzzled me for a very long time. I do believe its human nature, humans need somebody to hate so that they feel grater and more important themselves. I have been many times in Canada and liked most of the people there, but then I really do like people in most countries of this world. I worked for more then 3 weeks each time in 76 countries and funnily enough I made friends in most of them.

Regards

gonzogirl

jurgen36 said:
Well I do not hate Obama at all, he is just a lying politician. But they did find his Kenyan birth certificate and the US media does not print it. In the regard that he is most probable a Muslim? Well thats up to the US people if they want him to be King Obama. I have nothing against Muslims but the US people should be told if it is so. Actually he is now in a court case in the US where he has to prove his nationality. The laws that you have to be a natural borne US citicen are your laws, not mine. You will be surprised how much is actually not shown by the US press, do not forget that the total media that is radio, tv, magazines and newspapers are owned by the same 2 or maximum 3 so called gentleman. If an editor prints something they do not like he is fired or worse. I expect that the opposition party will bring this things out into the open a couple of days before the next election. If they do that it will leave the democrats without any reasonable candidates. Ok, we will see what happens. At the moment the US political system is the laughing stock of most other countries, at least as far as their media is not controlled by the same group of people.
Regards

Obama is not in a court case to prove his citizenship. This guy (Berg) is lawsuit happy and has many suits going at once. He is even suing Bush!
There is no WAY that the GOP would let this lie if they thought for a min that Obama is not born here in the states. The fact that the Republicans are NOT talking about it speaks soooo loud. I would like to know who the three forensic "experts" are. This was just some desperate move from a Hillary Clinton supporter who is pissed that she didnt get the nomination. Read his blog. its total Bull.
I dont think that America is the only place that has a press that is less than. I mean, you read or saw the story in the place where you live and you take it as fact when it is just the opposite. Not just our press who is whacked. There aint no more free press here in America and the rest of the world never had it sooooo.
We have bigger things to worry about here in the USA.

gonzogirl

I know back to back posts are tacky but have you all heard? McCain has suspended his campaign and wants to delay the debate on friday..
All the conspiracy therorists are saying that the elections will be stopped and martial law will happen and that will be an October surprise. :eek::eek::eek: