Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

gonzogirl

Re: Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

Well I am a very informed voter and not stupid....some Americans are, but there are dummies all over the world now isnt there?
Once again, the Republicans are not talking about it...and the republicans will do ANYTHING to win or steal an election. Even they know it is a moot point. It simply isnt true. Obama was born in the states. thats that. The guy bringing the lawsuit is just somr guy who does these things all the time. America is very litigious and thats great, I guess...We have freedom of speech, yeah. But that freedom also means that there will be B.S. And there is no shortage of it here or anywhere else in the world. We will see what happens in the future, I for one think that when Obama is president we will finally start to pull ourselves out of the eight year abyss that we have been drowning in....

jurgen36

gonzogirl said:
I for one think that when Obama is president we will finally start to pull ourselves out of the eight year abyss that we have been drowning in....

Its good that you have your own opinion, after all that's the way it should be. But believe me in most other countries they actually laugh about Obama and never will take him serious at all. My Indonesian friends actually gloat about the whole issue and say its time that the US has a Muslim homosexual president. Well I can not comment on this statements but even my European friends say that his unlikely, but possible victory will be the end of the civil liberties in the US of A. They like many others say the world simply can not effort a person like that in the controll of one of the biggest military in the world. Well we will see and can only hope for the best. I am not a US citicen now, even if I had a US passport for a long time. I simply did not like to live over there.
Regards

jurgen36

It actually appears to be more involved as it shows. A federal judge ordered Obama on the 29th of September to produce his original birth certificate. Also he has to prove his naturalization papers as he lost US citizenship during his stay in Indonesia. So at his return to the US he had to be nationalized. If he can not show this papers he will be treated as a resident alien and will loose his government position as a senator. As an alien can not be a US senator. I have a very nasty feeling that the opposition party will wait until after the election before they take any action. That way the democrats are out of time and can not arrange a replacement for Obama. This will give the republicans an automatic win without any opposition. I hope not but I heard rumors about this strategy.
Regards

Harte

gonzogirl said:
Well I am a very informed voter and not stupid....some Americans are, but there are dummies all over the world now isnt there?
Once again, the Republicans are not talking about it...and the republicans will do ANYTHING to win or steal an election. Even they know it is a moot point.

Gonzo,

I note that twice here you've mentioned that the Republicans would be all over this if there were something to it, and I agree.

I have a problem, however, when you characterize Republicans as willing to do anything to win or steal an election.

Were you not aware that the Democrats tried earlier this year to make the case that McCain is not a citizen?

He was born in the Panama Canal zone and they tried to make this out to mean he was ineligible for the presidency.

Funny then that the Republicans, who haven't made a peep about Obama's citizenship, are characterized by you as willing to do anything to steal an election; but the "good guy" Democrats, who actually tried to make a stink about McCain's eligibility, escape your scrutiny!

Harte

Whitelight

We're all guilty of something :)

On a side note..
I love how everyone debates so friendly and open mindedly. It makes me feel like I'm reading and participating in a real intellectual conversation instead of listening to a bunch of close minded people yell their opinions with absolutely no ability to listen to anothers.

gonzogirl

Harte said:
Gonzo,

I note that twice here you've mentioned that the Republicans would be all over this if there were something to it, and I agree.

I have a problem, however, when you characterize Republicans as willing to do anything to win or steal an election.

Were you not aware that the Democrats tried earlier this year to make the case that McCain is not a citizen?

He was born in the Panama Canal zone and they tried to make this out to mean he was ineligible for the presidency.

Funny then that the Republicans, who haven't made a peep about Obama's citizenship, are characterized by you as willing to do anything to steal an election; but the "good guy" Democrats, who actually tried to make a stink about McCain's eligibility, escape your scrutiny!

Harte

Yes...true.. Of course you are right Harte. Well..so...What I mean about the republicans is that the group has done some of the most immoral things to win. (or steal an election, my opinion of course)The Dems as well but the GOP has really made it into a work of art. I think both sides suck at times, just that the GOP suck way more than the Dems! WAY more. Say they do Harte!

Oh and Jurgen36 said that in Indonesia his friends say that its about time we had a Muslim homosexual president..WTF?:rolleyes: K.

Whitelight: One of the best things about this place is our respect for each other....I know that we try to keep that in mind anyway...
Even tho Harte must get irritated with me just spouting my opinion and not backing it up with facts, he is very nice and only calls me out occasionally!:D

Harte

gonzogirl said:
Yes...true.. Of course you are right Harte. Well..so...What I mean about the republicans is that the group has done some of the most immoral things to win. (or steal an election, my opinion of course)The Dems as well but the GOP has really made it into a work of art. I think both sides suck at times, just that the GOP suck way more than the Dems! WAY more. Say they do Harte!

Sorry GG. I can't do that.

See, I'm one of 'em my ownself!

But I will say that they all suck - approximately equally.

One thing to remember, elections are by their very nature political exercises. They are not democratic exercises.

I haven't seen Republicans do anything more than Democrats have done to win any election.

gonzogirl said:
Even tho Harte must get irritated with me just spouting my opinion and not backing it up with facts, he is very nice and only calls me out occasionally!:D

Didn't mean to "call you out." I just wanted to make the point that it's no use claiming one party is any more "moral" or whatever than the other. Both sides are truly willing to do whatever it takes to win. But, that's the nature of politics.

We also should remember that if a party doesn't win, then they can't implement their ideas (assuming they have any! :D)

And no, you know darn well I don't find you irritating.

Chip, on the other hand....:p

Harte

Chip Lewis

Harte said:
And no, you know darn well I don't find you irritating.

Chip, on the other hand....:p

Harte

See, I knew you were in league with Lucifer, er...I mean a republican!!!!

gonzogirl

I am going to stand firm on my feeling that the GOP is way more evil than the Dems. I just think the things that they do are meaner. I am talking about the power players, the ones in Charge, not the guy down the street that is a republican cuz of one or two issues. I believe those people are all over the place and just fall in line to vote with the party. (yes dems do it too, but im talking bout the republicans right now)
Hey Harte...I just didnt see you as a Reublican, not that theres anything wrong with that...:rolleyes:
Well some of my best friends are Republican, so they cant all be bad.
Just as long as they leave the supreme court alone i am fine.

But lets get back on topic. I think that the elections wont be stopped and I predict a landslide for Obama. (even tho the GOP is trying their hardest to strike voters from lists and supress minority voters):D

Harte

gonzogirl said:
I am going to stand firm on my feeling that the GOP is way more evil than the Dems. I just think the things that they do are meaner. I am talking about the power players, the ones in Charge,

Unlike, for example, Hillary's firing of all the workers in the White House travel office? She wasn't even elected!

And unlike, for example, Bill Clinton running in his first term on a tax cut for the middle class that, within a few months after inaguration, morphed into the largest tax increase ever levied on the middle class?

Or, are you thinking more along the lines of how LBJ used a "special squad" of FBI agents set up for his own political purposes to dig up dirt on Republicans and even some fellow Democrats that weren't toeing the party line?
Do you want to here more? There's plenty. Even Thomas Jefferson was a political asshole.

Last time I voted for a Prez it was Bob Dole. I usually lose.

Harte