Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

Chip Lewis

Re: Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

jurgen36 said:
Your earlier comment shows your immaturity, it should not be used in a serious discussion group. OK, I suggest we let the matter rest. I do not believe in any flame wars and I am actually disgusted with myself calling you a young American Idiot, I might think so but I never ever should say it. The American part has no business to be pointed out. This should not happen in this forum. After all we are supposed to be friends here.
This is probably my last item in this thread.

Regards
You obviously have no sense of humor.

I always make comments similar to this when someone says "I just stopped a PSI attack against Barrak Obama, three of the largest para psychological groups wanted to launch attacks against the guy. I do know that it would be very effective indeed from past experience but it would not be fair play".

Sorry, it was unavoidable. Hopefully others will read this and understand why I took the opportunity to make a joke at your expense. If not, maybe next time.

Chip Lewis

jurgen36 said:
Your earlier comment shows your immaturity, it should not be used in a serious discussion group. OK, I suggest we let the matter rest. I do not believe in any flame wars and I am actually disgusted with myself calling you a young American Idiot, I might think so but I never ever should say it. The American part has no business to be pointed out. This should not happen in this forum. After all we are supposed to be friends here.
This is probably my last item in this thread.

Regards
You obviously have no sense of humor.

I always make comments similar to this when someone says "I just stopped a PSI attack against Barrak Obama, three of the largest para psychological groups wanted to launch attacks against the guy. I do know that it would be very effective indeed from past experience but it would not be fair play".

Sorry, it was unavoidable. Hopefully others will read this and understand why I took the opportunity to make a joke at your expense. If not, maybe next time.

jurgen36

Chip said:

OK, I can accept that, as I go older my sense of humor seems to dissipate. Actually my beautiful daughter "and that she is" seems to think the same. Even a few month ago we did abuse each other on the yahoo messenger service, but it is now less and less so. She has a masters degree in English from the University of Western Australia and a PHD ha ha ha, sorry I can not help that, in divinity from a small university in Montana. She now works as a preacher in the North of Thailand and leaves next week for a three month preaching assignment in India. All this work is for some xtian sect in the US. I do not try to interfere as it is her business what she believes. But I want her to came down to Perth to study medicine as long as I am alive and can help her with my connections.
OK to much private talk but I am really proud of the girl. May be the only thing I can be proud of.

Regards

jurgen36

Chip said:

OK, I can accept that, as I go older my sense of humor seems to dissipate. Actually my beautiful daughter "and that she is" seems to think the same. Even a few month ago we did abuse each other on the yahoo messenger service, but it is now less and less so. She has a masters degree in English from the University of Western Australia and a PHD ha ha ha, sorry I can not help that, in divinity from a small university in Montana. She now works as a preacher in the North of Thailand and leaves next week for a three month preaching assignment in India. All this work is for some xtian sect in the US. I do not try to interfere as it is her business what she believes. But I want her to came down to Perth to study medicine as long as I am alive and can help her with my connections.
OK to much private talk but I am really proud of the girl. May be the only thing I can be proud of.

Regards

Keroscene

jurgen36 said:
Well my friend English is not my language, I went to Uni in Germany and had English as my third language only. For engineering and physics English is not an important language at all. So I can not claim to have grown up with it. Another thing is that English is not one language, just to mention a few, you have US English, this is not really English but some fabricated abortion with even the spelling different from English English. You have Australian English, you have Canadian English and so on. Each is using its own spelling and grammatical structures. So what is English??? If you can answer that I will bow my head. The funny thing is that here in OZ some professional English teachers actually ask me to correct some of their papers. Both did get their teaching credentials in Cambridge. I also have 6 publications which were written in English and did not need any corrections by the editors before they went into print in professional publications. So all told my English can not be so bad at all. It can and will never be perfect of course but this is not necessary, especially not in a forum like this were many of the submissions are in really very poor US English, sometimes I ask myself if the writers even went to primary school, but then it does not matter, does it??? Another thing, my credentials are not high at all. Anybody with a half way good memory can get this two pieces of paper and hang them on the wall, which most people do. I do not as I do not respect the certificates/degrees. My ham license is for me much more valuable as it was firstly issued in the late 50th. In that days you really had to work for it. Not like today when it is practically given away with a box of cereals. I do know very little about the modern US education system, but in the middle 1980th my US company send me 24 freshly graduated US engineers from different US universities they all had a Phd. 22 of them I did send right back to the company headquarters in Florida. They were completely useless to me. That is why I wonder what they teach today. Surely they did know all the formulas for their work, at least as long as they had their HP calculators. But if it came to practical work nada, nothing, nitchewo, garnichts. Enough of it.

Regards

I'm sorry Jurgen, I was not trying to taunt you or be antagonistic. I offer my sincerest apologies if my post was interpreted that way. I probably should not have written any of it at all. I believe you have accomplished what you say you have, and thats why I said in my previous post "it doesnt mean anything in particular "(to me about jurgen's credentials). I find it a very admirable quality of people who are skilled at speaking more than one language fluently. That is a skill I do not possess. (Come to think of it, there are many skills that I do not possess.) Also, I do not claim to have any mastery over the english language and often find myself struggling to find the proper words that allow me to convey my thoughts clearly. I think you are much better than myself at that. I was trying to be humorous and was trying to inject a little levity into the conversation, but it's apparent to me that I failed. Once again, I apologize.

Also, my apologies to everyone for making an offtopic comment that was possibly inflammatory and was not necessary, and the follow-up posts that it created.

Keroscene

jurgen36 said:
Well my friend English is not my language, I went to Uni in Germany and had English as my third language only. For engineering and physics English is not an important language at all. So I can not claim to have grown up with it. Another thing is that English is not one language, just to mention a few, you have US English, this is not really English but some fabricated abortion with even the spelling different from English English. You have Australian English, you have Canadian English and so on. Each is using its own spelling and grammatical structures. So what is English??? If you can answer that I will bow my head. The funny thing is that here in OZ some professional English teachers actually ask me to correct some of their papers. Both did get their teaching credentials in Cambridge. I also have 6 publications which were written in English and did not need any corrections by the editors before they went into print in professional publications. So all told my English can not be so bad at all. It can and will never be perfect of course but this is not necessary, especially not in a forum like this were many of the submissions are in really very poor US English, sometimes I ask myself if the writers even went to primary school, but then it does not matter, does it??? Another thing, my credentials are not high at all. Anybody with a half way good memory can get this two pieces of paper and hang them on the wall, which most people do. I do not as I do not respect the certificates/degrees. My ham license is for me much more valuable as it was firstly issued in the late 50th. In that days you really had to work for it. Not like today when it is practically given away with a box of cereals. I do know very little about the modern US education system, but in the middle 1980th my US company send me 24 freshly graduated US engineers from different US universities they all had a Phd. 22 of them I did send right back to the company headquarters in Florida. They were completely useless to me. That is why I wonder what they teach today. Surely they did know all the formulas for their work, at least as long as they had their HP calculators. But if it came to practical work nada, nothing, nitchewo, garnichts. Enough of it.

Regards

I'm sorry Jurgen, I was not trying to taunt you or be antagonistic. I offer my sincerest apologies if my post was interpreted that way. I probably should not have written any of it at all. I believe you have accomplished what you say you have, and thats why I said in my previous post "it doesnt mean anything in particular "(to me about jurgen's credentials). I find it a very admirable quality of people who are skilled at speaking more than one language fluently. That is a skill I do not possess. (Come to think of it, there are many skills that I do not possess.) Also, I do not claim to have any mastery over the english language and often find myself struggling to find the proper words that allow me to convey my thoughts clearly. I think you are much better than myself at that. I was trying to be humorous and was trying to inject a little levity into the conversation, but it's apparent to me that I failed. Once again, I apologize.

Also, my apologies to everyone for making an offtopic comment that was possibly inflammatory and was not necessary, and the follow-up posts that it created.

jurgen36

baudmiksen said:

Friend you did not have to apologize, I did not really take your comments in a bad way. That is the reason I replied the way I did and explained why that might be so. I am quite sure that I do a lot of grammatical mistakes, but I consider this normal if you did not grow up in a language. So do not worry, I was not really offended. At the moment it is actually quite bad. I spoke Spanish fluently during my time in the Argentine, now I can hardly speak it at all. OK I did not use it for 24 years but it seems to be gone. Could be of course caused by my age. May be I slowly loose my mental capabilities. Same here sometimes I have to struggle to find the right words to express myself in English. Also now I start to loose my Thai language. OLD AGE. ha ha ha.
Best Regards

jurgen36

baudmiksen said:

Friend you did not have to apologize, I did not really take your comments in a bad way. That is the reason I replied the way I did and explained why that might be so. I am quite sure that I do a lot of grammatical mistakes, but I consider this normal if you did not grow up in a language. So do not worry, I was not really offended. At the moment it is actually quite bad. I spoke Spanish fluently during my time in the Argentine, now I can hardly speak it at all. OK I did not use it for 24 years but it seems to be gone. Could be of course caused by my age. May be I slowly loose my mental capabilities. Same here sometimes I have to struggle to find the right words to express myself in English. Also now I start to loose my Thai language. OLD AGE. ha ha ha.
Best Regards

Harte

Chip said:
Yeah, well my girlfriend Lois Lane doesn't know that I am Superman even though we work for the same employer. I wear spectacles to hide my identity ;). A couple of years ago I stopped Lex Luthor from creating a kryptonite island off the coast of Metropolis.
Chip,

I always knew you were full of it. You must be one of those minimal IQ peoples who can't combine knowledge from various fields.

Why? Dude, you've now claimed to be Spiderman and Superman. Everyone knows this is impossible. One works for Marvel and the other for DC!

Plus, Spiderman ain't bulletproof.

I finally have you cornered!!! :D

Harte

Harte

Chip said:
Yeah, well my girlfriend Lois Lane doesn't know that I am Superman even though we work for the same employer. I wear spectacles to hide my identity ;). A couple of years ago I stopped Lex Luthor from creating a kryptonite island off the coast of Metropolis.
Chip,

I always knew you were full of it. You must be one of those minimal IQ peoples who can't combine knowledge from various fields.

Why? Dude, you've now claimed to be Spiderman and Superman. Everyone knows this is impossible. One works for Marvel and the other for DC!

Plus, Spiderman ain't bulletproof.

I finally have you cornered!!! :D

Harte