Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

gonzogirl

Re: Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

Well we know that fear can get you all the way to the presidency..via the master manipulator/disinformation spreader...Rove.
Im not sure what to think, I mean what is worse? The fact that Mcain will prolly win because the "republican machine" has control or the elections being stopped and martial law put down in place by Bush. Both suck.
I am worried beyond belief, because I think that there are far too many weak minded voters that cant stomach the thought that a black guy could be president. My kid is a teen and even on the websites I let her visit, you can see the infiltration of stupid stuff attacking obama....its beyond widespread, and I dont know how we will be able to recover....I have a feeling that the elections are gonna dissappoint alot of folks and they will be mystified...They will ask.."how"
There is only one answer........in a word.
Complacent.

I hope I am wrong and wish it......

jurgen36

Well I certainly can not see anybody on the electoral roll in the US who is really good or intelligent enough to be the next US president. Take Obama, most likely a Muslim who apparently tries to use a forged birth certificate to be eligible as a candidate. McCain, well his records as a prisoner of war do not really qualify him at all, not even for the position of a dog catcher. Hillary, she seems to have an empty head and still believes in the military power of the US and making war. The only reasonable good candidate seems to be Ron Paul, but as the media is against him he has really very little chance of being elected. So the coming presidential election seems to be a complete farce settled by the media.
People in the US, I wish you my best of luck, but I am afraid for your country.
Best regards

gonzogirl

jurgen36 said:
Well I certainly can not see anybody on the electoral roll in the US who is really good or intelligent enough to be the next US president. Take Obama, most likely a Muslim who apparently tries to use a forged birth certificate to be eligible as a candidate. McCain, well his records as a prisoner of war do not really qualify him at all, not even for the position of a dog catcher. Hillary, she seems to have an empty head and still believes in the military power of the US and making war. The only reasonable good candidate seems to be Ron Paul, but as the media is against him he has really very little chance of being elected. So the coming presidential election seems to be a complete farce settled by the media.
People in the US, I wish you my best of luck, but I am afraid for your country.
Best regards

Wow..i must say that I am surprised to see what you think about Obama.
Do you really think he is a Muslim who tries to use a forged Birth Certificate? Or is that what every one is saying where you live?
All I really want is afforable health care and cash in my pocket.
Whomever I think will deliver gets my vote.
But just like you I am afraid for this country.....for now anyway..

Whitelight

Move to Canada and get free health care :)

I make enough money that I pay 8 bucks for my health care and extended medical. I get free dental, most of my eyeglass prescription is covered...

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I lived in Canada for two years. Apart from Quebec, it was awesome. It was like a 1950s version of America, only with cell phones and multi-plex theaters.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Hey, why don't you like Quebec ? Do you speak French ?!

jurgen36

gonzogirl said:
Wow..i must say that I am surprised to see what you think about Obama.
Do you really think he is a Muslim who tries to use a forged Birth Certificate? Or is that what every one is saying where you live?

Well I did check up through my Indonesian friends and they confirmed that during his time in Indonesia he went to a Muslim Koran school and was a Indonesian citizen. Also there is a birth certificate from Kenya in his name which shows the name of his father and his mother. Officials from Hawaii do state that the Hawaiian birth certificate is a forgery. So make your own conclusions.

In regards to social services, come to Australia, I believe they are the best in the world. Free Medicare for everybody, free Pension for everybody once they reach 65 years of age, practically free medicines regardless of the cost. ETC. You would like it. Ok, the pension is not that much, its about 650 $AU every two weeks, but it is enough so that you can save for a trip around the world each year, or about 500 $AU each month. Australia is quite cheap to live and buy food.
Regards

Whitelight

British Columbia is expensive to live in, especially Vancouver. Actually, New Westminster is horrible.

I mean, it's small, its packed, and housing is through the roof. My mom can't pay for a place and she makes 25 dollars an hour. A crappy apartment in the ghetto is 210,000 and she can't afford that. I rent the bottom half of a house for 800 dollars and I was lucky to get something so cheap.

Jurgen, if what you say is true about Obama, how come none of this has come out yet? And is someones birthplace and religious schooling really a reason to hate him? If you hate his stance on something or think he's flaky, say that. Attack personality, not nationality.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Haha that was exactly the problem. There were plenty of people there who didn't care that my French vocabulary consisted purely of the words "poulet" and "merci"... But I got messed with daily by the people who did. Even going to the store was a nightmare.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Lots of people in Qc don't understand English much, especially in small towns, away from the main cities.
So, depending if you were in a city, or in more rural places, yeah, being unable to speak French may be a real nightmare lol.

Num7