Cat Lovers

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My cat died about two months ago... I still remember that it was my dog who adopted him... the poor thing, it was a rainy sunday and I found my dog feeding this injured and skinny kitten... My dog was very old and died later that week, but I had a new friend... my new beautiful orange cat... who only ate dog food.

Awww that is so sweet. I'm so sorry you lost your buddy, though.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think you may have stumbled on something with that whistling. Perhaps a previous owner had trained her to be aggressive and used whistling and treats as a reward mechanism.

I never put up with fighting when my cats got angry with each other. Usually my loud voice would put a stop to it.

I ran across an item you might use to keep an eye on the cats when out. Apparently you can set up video cameras to watch whats going on. And use a smart phone to check in on them while away. And of course it can be set up so you can send your voice through the phone to stop any unwanted behavior. Perhaps whistling might stop a fight.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I think you may have stumbled on something with that whistling. Perhaps a previous owner had trained her to be aggressive and used whistling and treats as a reward mechanism.

I never put up with fighting when my cats got angry with each other. Usually my loud voice would put a stop to it.

I ran across an item you might use to keep an eye on the cats when out. Apparently you can set up video cameras to watch whats going on. And use a smart phone to check in on them while away. And of course it can be set up so you can send your voice through the phone to stop any unwanted behavior. Perhaps whistling might stop a fight.

Other way around -- whistling makes her cuddly... and she's only 1 year old and had kittens during that time and was in a cage for a while, so I'm not sure anyone really trained her. She doesn't want food when I whistle. It just makes her come to me and at that ONE time, she got sweet and cuddly. Today, she scratched the hell out of me.

Yeah, I should install a kitty cam. We already have cameras outside. Wonder if our DVR has room for one more...

Wind7

Staff
How to Tame Feral Cats

Paula, I found this on the net and it's an interesting read,
especially the part about 'whistling to let the cat know...'

Ferals are not easy to tame by any means...to say the least.
Been there.

This link touches on a few truths.

The reason Cersei twitches her tail is she's showing her discomfort, nervousness... perhaps just (still after 2 months) not used to human attention.

It's just an idea...
Hope the link helps.

:)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
How to Tame Feral Cats

Paula, I found this on the net and it's an interesting read,
especially the part about 'whistling to let the cat know...'

Ferals are not easy to tame by any means...to say the least.
Been there.

This link touches on a few truths.

The reason Cersei twitches her tail is she's showing her discomfort, nervousness... perhaps just (still after 2 months) not used to human attention.

It's just an idea...
Hope the link helps.

:)

Thank you. Reading now.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well, Cersei already chose my son's room as her safe cave. That has been her safe room since day one and she sleeps on my son's bed. She does come out and wander now, though. She's afraid of hands. Fingers look like huge claws. Been working with her with treats. She does allow me to pick her up, and she purrs, but after 10 seconds she's pushing away to get down.

This morning - peace. No cat fights. The new TOWER came. Saw this last night! That's Penny on the bottom.

14457261_10210787914403032_9076372979023909826_n.jpg