Cat Lovers

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Had a great day with cheerful cats until Cersei attacked Penny for no reason and now Penny is hiding under the bed. :(

RHYS

I just wonder if Cersei is intimidating Penny bc Penny reacts to it by slinking by her. I've had a cat pick on another bc it was fun getting a reaction. I'd just let em keep working the territory out. Like us, they can either be buddies or just learn to coexist (cue the reason I like cats better than ppl).

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
There were a few editing mistakes in this video. I was over confident and didn't test it before I published. Oh well.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I just wonder if Cersei is intimidating Penny bc Penny reacts to it by slinking by her. I've had a cat pick on another bc it was fun getting a reaction. I'd just let em keep working the territory out. Like us, they can either be buddies or just learn to coexist (cue the reason I like cats better than ppl).

Yes, acting like prey doesn't help. We're having a good morning. All 3 ladies are sitting in the kitchen waiting for food and nobody is growling or hissing.

bluejay_1919

24a6ad65df1f90db7f982d5b44185ce8.jpg

6c3af5765862fd2cac8c9bcd04fa4b70.jpg

Hehe.. Love my Phoebe

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
We've gone a little backwards. For some reason, Cersei is back to swatting at me when I try to pet her. She's also afraid of my hands, so I'm trying to feed her with my hand on the floor and treats near my fingers and she growls as she eats. I don't know why this suddenly is happening again. I have been working on playing with all the cats lately and tried some site swapping as well.

RHYS

Could be from not being handled much in kittenhood, so the petting stresses her out. Don't know much abt her background, but a lot of the Mama's behavior is imprinted on them later. There are some who let you touch the belly without kicking & others who never do. I've had to "break" a few into tolerating petting a short time. I think even our indoor ones would rather hunt, so maybe Cersei was used to being a hunter before? With all felines, don't take it personal.