Chip Me! All the Cool Kyd are doing it!

XDrFirefly

Chip Me! All the Cool Kyd are doing it!

verichip2.jpg

LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER
People-tracking closer to reality Deal forged to equip VeriChip with global positioning satellite

WorldNetDaily | December 23, 2004

Setting the stage for controversial tracking technology, the satellite telecommunications company ORBCOMM has signed an agreement with VeriChip Corp., maker of the world's first implantable radio frequency identification microchip.

VeriChip, a subsidiary of Applied Digital , will work with ORBCOMM to develop and market new military, security and healthcare applications in the U.S. and around the world, the company said.

As WorldNetDaily reported , Applied Digital has created and successfully field-tested a prototype of an implant for humans with GPS, or global positioning satellite, technology.

Satellites monitored 24 hours a day from ORBCOMM's Network Control Center in Dulles, Va. (photo courtesy: ORBCOMM)

Once inserted into a human, it can be tracked by GPS technology and the information relayed wirelessly to the Internet, where an individual's location, movements and vital signs can be stored in a database for future reference.

"ORBCOMM's relationship with VeriChip provides yet another new and important industry that will use the ORBCOMM satellite system and its ground infrastructure network to transmit messages globally," ORBCOMM CEO Jerry Eisenberg said.

Initially, after privacy concerns and verbal protests over marketing the technology for government use , Applied backed away from public discussion about such implants and the possibility of using them to usher in a "cashless society."

In addition, to quell privacy concerns , the company issued numerous denials , stating it had no plans for implants.

When WND reported in April 2002 that the company planned such implant technology, Applied Digital spokesman Matthew Cossolotto accused WND of intentionally printing falsehoods.

Less than three weeks later, however, the company issued a press release announcing that it was accelerating development on a GPS implant.

Companies Will Jointly Develop and Market Innovative Military, Security and Healthcare Applications for VeriChip™, the World's First Implantable Microchip

Business Wire | December 15, 2004

FORT LEE, N.J. -- Companies Will Jointly Develop and Market Innovative Military, Security and Healthcare Applications for VeriChip™, the World's First Implantable Microchip

ORBCOMM, a global satellite telecommunications company, today announced that it has executed an agreement with VeriChip™ Corporation, a subsidiary of Applied Digital (NASDAQ:ADSX), to be its provider of satellite and telecommunication services for applications to be developed for use with the world's first implantable radio frequency identification (RFID) microchip, also called VeriChip™.

Under the terms of the agreement, the companies will also work together to develop and market new military, security, and healthcare applications for use in the United States and around the world.

VeriChip™ Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Applied Digital. The VeriChip product is a subdermal RFID microtransponder that can be used in a variety of security, financial, emergency identification and healthcare applications. About the size of a grain of rice, each VeriChip Device contains a unique verification number that is captured by briefly passing a proprietary scanner over the VeriChip. In October 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared VeriChip for medical applications in the United States. VeriChip is not a FDA-regulated device with regards to its security, financial, personal identification/safety applications.

"ORBCOMM's relationship with VeriChip™ provides yet another new and important industry that will use the ORBCOMM satellite system and its ground infrastructure network to transmit messages globally," Jerry Eisenberg, CEO of ORBCOMM, said.

About ORBCOMM

ORBCOMM is a wireless telecommunications company that provides reliable, cost effective data communications services to customers around the world through its unique low-earth orbit (LEO) satellite network and global ground infrastructure. A diverse customer base, including industry leaders General Electric, Caterpillar Inc., Volvo Trucks, XATA, and AirIQ, uses ORBCOMM services to track, monitor and control mobile and fixed assets including trucks, containers, marine vessels, locomotives, heavy machinery, pipelines, oil wells, utility meters and storage tanks anywhere in the world. For more information call 1-800-ORBCOMM or visit its Web site at www.ORBCOMM.com.

About Applied Digital

Applied Digital develops innovative security products for consumer, commercial and government sectors worldwide. Its unique and often proprietary products provide security for people, animals, the food supply, government/military arena and commercial assets. Included in this diversified product line are RFID applications, end-to-end food safety systems, GPS/Satellite communications and telecomm and security infrastructure, positioning Applied Digital as the leader of Security Through Innovation. Applied Digital is the owner of a majority position in Digital Angel Corporation (AMEX: DOC). For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.adsx.com .

This release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding ORBCOMM's expected commercial operations. These forward-looking statements are based on a number of assumptions and ORBCOMM's actual results and operations may be materially different from those expressed or implied by such statements.

---------------------------------------------
P.S. I found the Chip and G.P.S. connection

Dr FF

StarLord

Re: Chip Me! All the Cool Kyd are doing it!

Yes, this is exactly what I want. I can wait 'till next year for my two front teeth. But what I cannot wait for is to have the govt know exactly where I am every single moment of the day. Yes Sir, that's very important. The only thing missing is Soma, mandatory frontal lobotomies for folks that get out of line and firing squads for those that don't put enough money in the plates on sunday.

CaryP

Thanks for info Dr. Firefly. I'm so reassured now. LOL I know what I won't be getting from DHS or any other govt. agency. Man, these boys are going for the whole enchilada.

Cary

K@t 5

Does this mean that they're scrapping the idea for a national ID card?

CaryP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"K@t 5\")</div>
Does this mean that they're scrapping the idea for a national ID card?[/b]

I think it's an adjunct to the national ID card K@t 5. Got to keep the populace under control until the chips are implanted. That could take a few years.

Cary

K@t 5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"CaryP\")</div>
I think it's an adjunct to the national ID card K@t 5. Got to keep the populace under control until the chips are implanted. That could take a few years.

Cary[/b]

Great...I feel so much safer now. :dry:

ZeoEmeraude

Well folks, I quess I will post to this again.....deja-vu,lol. I for one don't think we need these blasted chips,implants, w/e/ ya wanna call em. It's a waste of time (except for <span style='color:blue'>\"The Man\" ) to even think about it. As I said the last time i posted here, the day I see this happening is the day I go find Grizzly Addams and ask him if I can watch his beard grow. We have a war going on, a looming but increasingly larger national debt to worry about, and here we have these fat beaurocrats fretting about how long I may be in the shower. Honestly, if ya wanna put chips into ppl and monitor their movements like rats in a maze, then do it those who are less deserving of freedom (child molestors, rapists, etc) but don't ask me to sign up. In short it boils down to more control that they want over the common man and woman. Shoot, next we'll be hearing that they want to freeze us in giant cubes of ice and teach us how to knit and forgo physical contact with one another. The ideas are sound, but the methods in which these people wish to use these ideas are nothing short of invasive. Enough of our freedoms are being comprimised as it is....this is just one more layer on the cake of lies, deception,and control. I can't wait to see the frosting. </span>

Another quality rant from your TTF Super Sayian: Zeo

Felic--

Population solutions department chip, one month implant, thirty five year death, nuclear winter, living underground.

K@t 5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Felic--\")</div>
Population solutions department chip, one month implant, thirty five year death, nuclear winter, living underground.[/b]
A little confuzzled...wanna elaborate?:huh:

StarLord

Actually this would save our country a bundle in Grave Markers. Simply walk along with your handy dandy chip reader and you too can name everybody under that nuclear ash ~or~ the readers at the mouth of every fema cave or camp. No longer is there a need to sport a poorly tatooed # on one's forearm.