Chris

sosuemetoo

Chris

Originally posted by Chris@Sep 20 2004, 07:07 PM
There have been some 'interesting' developments about the past and future though. Around June 1993, the present-day Chris went missing. There was a short article about it on June 8th. It doesn't give an article about him returning. Although it didn't give an article about me returning, my name cropped up numerous times afterwards, mainly in 1995. Would rather not say why at this point. All I can say is that if I can avoid that incident in my future I'll be more than happy.

Hello Chris,
I don't think I've posted before on your thread, but I have been reading it on and off.

Your above post made me think of something, as to the purpose of you being here.

You mention that in the paper you went missing on June 8th, your name came up afterwords in 1995. No need to describe why.

I just wondered if it was possible that your older self wished you to come to him in 2003 to escape the "tragedy" of 1995. By escaping the "tragedy" in 1995, he (your older self) would no longer have memory of it and therefore would not have any of the scars from it.

I'm thinking "Butterfly Effect" here. It sounds like your older self does not want to discuss much of this. Perhaps this is why.

"Mom"

The_Ruffneck

Chris

Originally posted by sosuemetoo@Sep 21 2004, 09:47 PM

I just wondered if it was possible that your older self wished you to come to him in 2003 to escape the \"tragedy\" of 1995. By escaping the \"tragedy\" in 1995, he (your older self) would no longer have memory of it and therefore would not have any of the scars from it.

Life is about overcoming challenges , anything that doesn't harm you can only make you stronger right? and it didn't kill his older self , maybe Chris has some special supernatural powers or a gift in this area?

Chris

Chris

hdrkid: The future turned out basically as I would expect it to, although I have to admit I hadn't thought about it that much beforehand. I guess in hindsight this is basically what I expected, just missing a few extra thrills I thought the future would have (yes, you know what I mean, flying cars, teleporters and the like :p) Ah just kidding, I was more responsible than to think those would be around yet.

Doc: Yes, it was just around the time I left, which does give me some hope. It sure is a pretty big indication that I'll return safe and sound! :) And be assurred if I ever do go back to 1993, I'll have the address right here with me so in 11 years time we can continue talking. You won't even know the difference here but it'll be a long, long wait to continue topics like this. Unfortunately the paper didn't report, to my knowledge, when I returned. If I knew when I returned (either in 1993 or even 1994) I could work out when I would leave the future, assumming time is moving along at a constant rate both in the past and now in the present. The missing incident could just be a coincidence too with no relation to time travel whatsoever.

Ruffneck: Yes, there was an incident on the other board a while ago about the Batman saga which turned out differently. Forever/Returns came out piggybacked in 1992, which caused a stir here. I don't know why but I don't even believe my own words about that now! It's odd. I never noticed before that Forever/Returns are the two options of my future. To either stay in the future forever or return to my time. Interesting.

sosuemetoo: I guess that would be possible, anything is possible in fact. But somehow I don't see myself being that reckless with regards to changing his own future. I've run scenarios in my mind again and again involving paradoxes. If he saved me from that accident in 1995, would he then have no reason to send me here in the first place? I'm just gonna stop there, its far too confusing to think about at this hour of the morning! :) If he wanted to save me though, why didn't he pick me up from 1995 instead?

Doc Brown

Chris

Chris, assuming you get back and wait eleven years to post here, won't your younger self be with you, and posting here as well? Unless, of course, you go back to a slightly different universe, where your younger self doesn't turn up?

I believe you said something to this effect on the old board, but I can't remember what it was exactly, so I'll ask you:

Do you think that there is a parallel universe out there somewhere where all the fictional characters on TV and in books exist? I'd like that, since I grow quite attached to some fictional people, and would like to think there's a place where they really exist.

The_Ruffneck

Chris

if he goes back 11 years then waits 11 years to post on this messageboard it is impossible from what we gather to arrive back on the same timeline , therefore a high chance that we won't know who he is right?

sosuemetoo

Chris

Originally posted by Chris@Sep 21 2004, 04:05 PM
sosuemetoo: I guess that would be possible, anything is possible in fact. But somehow I don't see myself being that reckless with regards to changing his own future. I've run scenarios in my mind again and again involving paradoxes. If he saved me from that accident in 1995, would he then have no reason to send me here in the first place? I'm just gonna stop there, its far too confusing to think about at this hour of the morning! :) If he wanted to save me though, why didn't he pick me up from 1995 instead?

Some possibilities (thinking out loud here)

1. The accident in 1995 might have something to do with what happened in your "older self's" life in 1993.

2. Your older self had no control over what date he could "pick you up" from.

3. 2003 might have been the first time your "older self" had recovered sufficiently from the accident and had the ability to pick you up.

You're right Chris, anything is possible :)

"Mom"

Chris

Chris

Well if I have come from an alternate reality, then its possible that I personally will not return to this one. But remember, my older self is already here! And there is substantial evidence to say that he has gone through this like I have. Being secretive and the disappearance in June all points to signs that hes gone through this. It leaves a few possibilities:

1: The older me really is the me of the future, and has gone through exactly what I'm doing now. I don't know why then he hasn't said anything about his past experiences, since I already basically know. It's possible that when he (as me) was in 2004, his future self never said anything, and so he is just trying to keep the same as history. Thats kinda confusing though so sorry if it made no sense.

2: He is a different 'me' but may have gone through similar experiences involving time travel, or maybe not at all.

In either case he knows I'm posting here, I don't know if he regularly reads through these though. When I leave (I should really say if, as I might not at all) he will be sure to talk to everyone here. If he really is the other me then he'll have plenty to explain I'm sure! :)

With parallel universes, I say that circumstances in the past will cause different futures, and its possible that certain circumstances will create universes we have seen in TV and movies. It's possible anyway. But we'll never be able to prove that particular one :)

sosuemetoo: I hadn't thought of those points before. I haven't gained enough courage to ask him about what happened, I'm hoping if I do go back I can avoid it myself. But, that would send me into another universe, and that means I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone here. Well, I would, but none of you would know what the hell I'm talking about :p

Sorry if some posts of mine make no sense, I'm up early on the computer and sometimes my brain isn't totally up to the job of forming sentences.

Doc Brown

Chris

Chris, at the school that you currently attend, have you made many close friends in the last five or six months that you've been there? Or have you tried to avoid mixing socially with them in case (and this is taking it for granted that you do get home) they become suspicious when you suddenly disappear one day?

I'm asking, because I just wondered what your social life was like now. I think I'd be cautious about making friends, for the reason I stated above, but unless you enjoy being alone a lot, then you'd have to have some friends.

So do you have any friends at school that you hang out with, or do you mainly just keep to yourself in this time? I'm not including your older self in this, obviously he's your friend.

Chris

Chris

I've become relatively social, but nothing like best friends or whatever. I've made a few close friends, but I like to consider myself more of a drifter. If I ever do disappear I'm sure I won't exactly be missed for long. But thats ok, I don't want to leave a mark on the future more than I already have.

Doc Brown

Chris

Chris, what exactly is the relationship between your elder self and your parents? You've been here for about six months now - has he seen them at all during that time? I think you mentioned that they live some way away now, but surely they'll come and visit sooner or later? How often does Older Chris see them?

Oh, and do you/did you have any brothers or sisters? I expect the answer is no, but I was just wondering.