Civil War

I wish I knew the username Morey Haber posts under. John Titor as a time traveler was a good story, but Morey understood some fundamental trends WAY before most people. I'd love to see how he's adjusted since then.

titorite

We are in the beginning throws of it but it aint happening the same way...For one thing youtube probably never existed in Titors world.
THats relevant because it is what all us 1st amendment auditors are using to spread the message and fight for our rights and push back against police state tyranny. We are utilizing the first before being forced to resort to the 2nd. And we can do that because youtube gives us the platform to share our recordings of how things go when we record police stations like leon valley and LAPD, and olmos park and Kansas state and on and on the list goes. Its an organic movement. We have no leaders, we cant be infiltrated nor co-opted. Anyone with a cellphone and a channel can record and upload. SOme police are respectful, the vast majority are getting educated to citizen rights and constitutional law. We are correcting their tyranny civilly. still, the cops and cop apoligists follow us, troll us, issue death threats on us, the cops retaliate and intimidate and try to abuse people under the color of law and it can be scary but we keep pushing forward in the face of any fear for the rights of our fellow American.

We aint no antifa, we aint no occupiers, we are auditors and we are filming everything.

Kairos

YouTube did in fact exist in his story. He talked about it but did not name it. Back then I thought it seemed far-fetched that most people would abandon television and instead watch shows on the Internet, mostly produced by independent groups.

Presto. He was right about that.

The guy behind the story was actually spot on with respect to cultural shifts and even technological changes (like YouTube). He was even right about the direction of clothing.

Cirrus

What bothers me is that the Liberals are so unhinged it is like they are brainwashed, some sort of Mind Control. I haven't been this excited with the outcome of an election since Reagan...but these people can't understand that things are better than they have been. It is crazy, so I don't trust them at all. We need to show up at the midterm election, not stay home.

What is currently better than it has been?

I think the issue is that the cultural and political divide is getting larger by the day resulting in more of the far right or left sides of the parties getting more attention than they should. There's a whole bunch of this nation that is just an apathetic middle that could care less (or does care but not enough to vote or otherwise be politically active) that is allowing the divide to grow. It has to stop being an "us" vs. "them". The more we divide, the closer we get to an unnecessary conflict.

Kairos

There exists no middle and there exists more than two sides. The left-right spectrum is total bullshit.

Marxists are fixing to get violent because that's all they really are. Just be prepared for it when it comes.

Cirrus

There exists no middle and there exists more than two sides. The left-right spectrum is total bullshit.

Marxists are fixing to get violent because that's all they really are. Just be prepared for it when it comes.

There's a large and growing middle who are just waking up. I'm not so sure that the left-right spectrum is bullshit especially considering that there are only two (well-funded) political options in the U.S.

Do you equate Marxism with the left? Seems like most do. Problem is... the left (as currently constituted) doesn't like conflict, so there will be no dictatorship of the proletariat.

So... now back to Titor and looking for the Apple II that will save the world.

Kairos

There exists no such thing as a continuous political spectrum of any kind. Do you really believe the difference between Al Gore and an Antifa soyboy is merely a matter of cranking up the insanity dial from a 6 to an 11?

Cirrus

There exists no such thing as a continuous political spectrum of any kind. Do you really believe the difference between Al Gore and an Antifa soyboy is merely a matter of cranking up the insanity dial from a 6 to an 11?

Yup. Some people have more politically motivated tendencies than others. Much of this is upbringing and socialization. Some of it has to do with a person's personality.

To put it differently... I know quite a few people who "you can't talk about politics with" because it usually ends up with haymakers being thrown. On the other side of the spectrum, I know a lot of people with whom I can have a political discussion and disagree with them, but it never gets to the point of a physical fight because we respect each other's opinion and choose to "agree to disagree". So, yes, some people have an insanity dial of 11 while others are at a 6.

Kairos

That's utterly beside the point of my argument.

Do you believe that the difference between an Al Gore and an Antifa goon is merely a matter of degree of "leftness"? It's an absurd proposition, really. Think about it.