Civil War

There exists no such thing as a continuous political spectrum of any kind. Do you really believe the difference between Al Gore and an Antifa soyboy is merely a matter of cranking up the insanity dial from a 6 to an 11?

Cirrus

There exists no such thing as a continuous political spectrum of any kind. Do you really believe the difference between Al Gore and an Antifa soyboy is merely a matter of cranking up the insanity dial from a 6 to an 11?
Yup. Some people have more politically motivated tendencies than others. Much of this is upbringing and socialization. Some of it has to do with a person's personality.

To put it differently... I know quite a few people who "you can't talk about politics with" because it usually ends up with haymakers being thrown. On the other side of the spectrum, I know a lot of people with whom I can have a political discussion and disagree with them, but it never gets to the point of a physical fight because we respect each other's opinion and choose to "agree to disagree". So, yes, some people have an insanity dial of 11 while others are at a 6.

That's utterly beside the point of my argument.

Do you believe that the difference between an Al Gore and an Antifa goon is merely a matter of degree of "leftness"? It's an absurd proposition, really. Think about it.

Cirrus

That's utterly beside the point of my argument.

Do you believe that the difference between an Al Gore and an Antifa goon is merely a matter of degree of "leftness"? It's an absurd proposition, really. Think about it.
Yes. As long as what you're saying is that there no real difference between Al Gore and a Antifa.

On a political theory basis alone there are degrees of "leftness", "rightness", or "middleness". Everyone has different beliefs and those beliefs don't always fully agree with the core beliefs of a group. As such, there are different "degrees" of belief.

Maybe what you're implying is more that a wacko, is a wacko, is a wacko. This is true. But that still doesn't mean that the particular wacko's beliefs don't fall somewhere on the spectrum.

The employment situation, in several different ways.
The GDP.
Stock market.
Economy in general.
Etc.

Harte
All of these things were on the uptick under the Obama administration. Despite some unique methodology, the Trump administration has kept things going on an upward path, but the question still is whether that upward path is the top of a bell curve leading to another recession. Yet the Trump administration claims these "wins" as its own. With the ongoing international tariff war, it will be interesting to see whether the Trump administration will take responsibility for the eventual losses.

No, dude. That is not what I am saying.

If you believe there exists such a thing as a political spectrum, then there must be some measurable quality that underpins the left-right axis. This means there has to be some quality underneath "leftness" that connects Al Gore to Antifa to even Stalin, with the difference being only the degree of which they they possess that quality.

There exists no such thing. Not on what we colloquially call the right or the left.

This left-right paradigm is bogus. Really, any time somebody tries to divide up politics into a cartesian coordinate system, they either fool themselves or they are trying to fool you.

Mayhem

III oculis videt
Premium
Just the other day on a unrelated Live stream a person was mentioning the split up of California.

Cirrus

If you believe there exists such a thing as a political spectrum, then there must be some measurable quality that underpins the left-right axis. This means there has to be some quality underneath "leftness" that connects Al Gore to Antifa to even Stalin, with the difference being only the degree of which they they possess that quality.
I get it. That "measurable quality" is something political scientists have been trying to find ever since political science became a thing. You think it doesn't exist. I think it may exist but is based more on predispositions that can be put on a spectrum if the right questions are asked during a study (taking into consideration that the spectrum will change over time based upon cultural changes).

So, now, about that upcoming civil war....

Just the other day on a unrelated Live stream a person was mentioning the split up of California.
California splitting into multiple states could be a precursor. If things get bad enough we might even see certain states split from the union. But the climate would have to be really bad for this to happen. I just don't see things getting that bad. We would have to have a real authoritarian power leading the nation for states to really consider splitting off. The checks and balances won't let that happen unless the leader brainwashes the lower branches.

titorite

Their IS a political spectrum... A left and right and centrist. In this order from left to right, radical, liberal, moderate, conservative , reactionary. Few people swing to the extremes ad most are somewhere closer to the center levels. As for people that cant rationally talk politics without resorting to violence, these are normally simple minded people as demonstrated by their preference to resort to violence as opposed to rational discussion of some sort.

Thing is, we should examine who is really resorting to violence. At a recent event in Portland yall may of heard about antifa clashed with proud prayer people and the news said their was rioting and violence everywhere... but who really started the violence. Fortunately 1st amendment auditors are everywhere.

Film the police, hold authority accountable, Know your rights.