Civil War

Kairos

It was literally a confederation.

Really, two confederations that fought each other in normal times but fought together against external threats. I.e. normal human relations.

TimeFlipper

Yesterday i was watching on the TV one of our daily politics programs from around the world..
Some US professor was saying in a latest poll, that 85% of Republican voters would still vote for Trump in the next election..He also mentioned that 45% of non Republicans would also vote for Trump again..

I dont know if those figures are relevant or not, but personally i would vote for Trump anytime, and i come from the UK (y) :cool:..

Cirrus

Yesterday i was watching on the TV one of our daily politics programs from around the world..
Some US professor was saying in a latest poll, that 85% of Republican voters would still vote for Trump in the next election..He also mentioned that 45% of non Republicans would also vote for Trump again..

I dont know if those figures are relevant or not, but personally i would vote for Trump anytime, and i come from the UK (y):cool:..

What TV station?

Harte

The A of C were only ratified (1781) in the last few years of the Revolutionary War (1765-1783.)

Harte

Kairos

They were just the same agreements we operated under during the entire war, dude. They were drafted at the same time as the Declaration of Independence.

I am telling you, you need to read more about this. This garbage you were told in school has nothing to back it up. The convention was a kind of counter-revolution and we lost.

Harte

I think you're the one that needs to read up on it.
The Articles certainly weren't like anything the colonies were doing before.

For example, all previous arrangements recognized the authority of the British crown, and each allowed every state to have its own foreign policies.

Harte

taykair

each allowed every state to have its own foreign policies.

Not only that but, in some cases, states were printing their own money. You actually had to exchange currency if you went to another state. The A of C was an improvement, but not much of one.

Kairos

I think you're the one that needs to read up on it.
The Articles certainly weren't like anything the colonies were doing before.

For example, all previous arrangements recognized the authority of the British crown, and each allowed every state to have its own foreign policies.

Harte

They were literally drafted at the same time as the Declaration of Independence. We fought the entire war under them.

Kairos

Not only that but, in some cases, states were printing their own money. You actually had to exchange currency if you went to another state. The A of C was an improvement, but not much of one.

Perish the thought that urban grifters and bankers couldn't control the entire money supply. Yuck.