Cobra CB radio for contact

Element115

No, I haven't contacted anyone yet. I purchased my antenna and coax cable on Monday, and I am still waiting to get my delivery. I also have yet to have my antenna installed on my roof after the delivery.
Are you installing it yourself or will you hire a professional? If you hire a professional, what will you tell them when they ask what it's for?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Are you installing it yourself or will you hire a professional? If you hire a professional, what will you tell them when they ask what it's for?
  1. I'll have someone do it for me, so I'd say I'll hire a pro.
  2. My family is on very friendly terms with this construction pro. He did a makeover of our bathroom last summer. I have yet to figure out what to say in case he gets too inquisitive, which I doubt he will do because of our relationship. And I think all he'll have to know is that I'm using the antenna for use with my CB radio.

Element115

Body count is up in relative terms, dude. WAY UP.
What relative terms? How is our body count WAY up when we're still increasing in population size? Our history shows we've come close to extinction a few times with major plagues - those were surely the worst of times. We live in the BEST possible society out of all of history so far.

Kairos

What relative terms? How is our body count WAY up when we're still increasing in population size? Our history shows we've come close to extinction a few times with major plagues - those were surely the worst of times. We live in the BEST possible society out of all of history so far.

The body count is way up because we are killing larger percentages of populations. Total war was unheard of in the western world except for the brief lifespan of Genghis Khan.

The percentage of the populations of European countries lost in the world wars was comparable in relative terms only to the Black Death.

Even in the East.. Mao slaughtered a much higher percentage of the Chinese population than Genghis could have dreamed of accomplishing. The 20th century was the bloodiest and most horrific century in human history. Century 21 is shaping up to be even greater!

Element115

The body count is way up because we are killing larger percentages of populations. Total war was unheard of in the western world except for the brief lifespan of Genghis Khan.

The percentage of the populations of European countries lost in the world wars was comparable in relative terms only to the Black Death.

Even in the East.. Mao slaughtered a much higher percentage of the Chinese population than Genghis could have dreamed of accomplishing. The 20th century was the bloodiest and most horrific century in human history. Century 21 is shaping up to be even greater!

If there are 100 people in the world and 20 of them die, that's 20%.
If there are now 130 people in the world due to population increase and 25 of them die, that's only 19% even though the number of deaths increased. Current world population is 7.7 Billion and rising.

updated-World-Population-Growth-1750-2100.png

Kairos

Germany lost 10% of it's population from direct action in WW2.

Not counting the people exterminated. Hard to say the total percentage lost when you add it all up.

There were no wars like that in the medieval period in the western world. Closest that came to it were the Mongolians, but they were unable to get to us to inflict the kinds of losses they inflicted on the East.

Germany was the ground level. Russia eclipsed Germany. China eclipse Russia.

The Khmer Rouge exterminated about 20% of the population in the Cambodian genocide.

Several million Iraqis died as a direct consequence of the American invasion in 2003, terror wave that resulted in the aftermath, and then the rise of ISIS when Obama helped create them.

I could go on and on with this stuff. Population is higher and so are the body counts.

TimeFlipper

No, I haven't contacted anyone yet. I purchased my antenna and coax cable on Monday, and I am still waiting to get my delivery. I also have yet to have my antenna installed on my roof after the delivery.

Go onto the internet and find the nearest "aerial installer" for you in New York, and before you ask me, find out if they fit CB antennas ;):D..