Computer Dictator

jurgen36

Re: Computer Dictator

Webnower said:
I imagine that if this ever happened, the people who programmed it would have enough thought to disallow the computer from making any fucked up decisions... Like mass genocide or destroying all fossil-fuel using devices.

Depends who does the programming. Some greenis wants to stop using all fossil fuel and are also against nuclear power. They would quite happily let most of the people die to preserve the precious Earth.
Regards

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Artificial stupidity as no limit. That's the reason why all those movies actually take place: the computer started to make its own choices, on its own. These choices weren't "intelligent", they were just logical. Logical thinking doesn't work everywhere, there comes artificial stupidity.

Num7

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
Artificial stupidity as no limit. That's the reason why all those movies actually take place: the computer started to make its own choices, on its own. These choices weren't "intelligent", they were just logical. Logical thinking doesn't work everywhere, there comes artificial stupidity.

Num7

Yes and no, sometimes it is necessary to handle issues by strictly logical thinking. This will always be the most intelligent solution to any problem. However it might not be a humane solution, if an artificial intelligence can take over from us it will happen no matter what we do. Asimovs three laws of robotics sound very nice in a book but it would be almost impossible to implement them. So whatever happens we will be stuck with machines which will act by strictly doing the logical things. The best would be not to give control to any machine, but then it will happen sooner or later.
Regards

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Numenorean7 said:

Num7

I could not have said it better myself there 7 good catch
then the H K's will be the first but there not to smart
ha ha ha couldn't help it that door was big:D

Num7

Administrator
Staff

There's also natural stupidity, I know pretty much what it's like to have it lol They say it can't be cured by any means! :D

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I don't know bout that
grandpa use to say
even a dog learns if you kick it enough.
I know he use to slap me simpler when I got to smart:eek:

Whitelight

They'd have to make the computer kinda like the robots in IRobot. Unable to harm a human.

But still, it'd be an extremely illogical government, despite all the logic going on :p Just because someone thinks something is a good decision doesn't mean that everyone else does. If we can't even agree on what we think about a leaders decisions, how can we agree on what decisions a computer makes?

I think this shoulda been a poll, it seems everyone is strongly against it. I'd like to hear from someone who thinks this could be a working government, and why.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Robots or humans, gov don't really listen to people, so what would be the difference from our point of view? I can't do anything when humans are in control, I think it would be the same with robots.

Num7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Matt said:
Do our minds not run alike computer's today?
Not more alike than they used to.

Computers have no feelings, no emotions, they are not influenced by anything, like I said before. They can learn, watch, study, but I don't think they can be creative, they only repeat what they learned.