Corona Virus

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think I'm going to see my doc. I hate doctors, but this is ridiculous. Did I have it? Do I have it?
It doesn't really matter. Something is going on.

Kids brought home a cold from school. They recovered fine.

Me:
Mild flu for a week - cough, fever, asthma - used my inhalers
Nothing for a week
MAJOR flu for a week - cough, fever, asthma, got Tamiflu, used inhalers
1-2 weeks break
Assumed Sinus Infection - got put on Zpack

Now - asthma, coughing, major back pain, body aches, fatigue, morning cough, sniffles

I guess I need to surrender and talk to my doc.

Covid? No clue. But I have been sick for way too long. SIGH.

I didn't say anything at the time, but I came down with the flu same time as you did. I didn't do anything. Had a fever for two weeks. A sinus infection for the third week. Just finished the fifth week. I still have a chest cough. It's gradually diminishing. But this is the longest recovery I've ever had from getting sick. Must be a new stain of the flu. My cough was always a wet cough. So my illness differs from the coronavirus.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'd be worried if I still had symptoms after 5 weeks. Hope you'll get better soon @Einstein.

Thanks Num7. I did a lot of reading on my symptoms. It is not uncommon for someone to have a cough for up to 90 days after having the flu. Doctors usually will diagnose my present symptoms as bronchitis after first ruling out bacterial pneumonia. I took some antibiotics to eliminate the pneumonia possibility. Leaving bronchitis as the final culprit. Bronchitis will clear up on its own. And I do feel that I will be symptom free in another week.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I didn't say anything at the time, but I came down with the flu same time as you did. I didn't do anything. Had a fever for two weeks. A sinus infection for the third week. Just finished the fifth week. I still have a chest cough. It's gradually diminishing. But this is the longest recovery I've ever had from getting sick. Must be a new stain of the flu. My cough was always a wet cough. So my illness differs from the coronavirus.

Will you see a doctor? I’m in bed now with fatigue, stuffed nose, back pain. So very odd. Calling my doc tomorrow and hopefully getting bloodwork at least. Haven’t felt well in a long time.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Will you see a doctor? I’m in bed now with fatigue, stuffed nose, back pain. So very odd. Calling my doc tomorrow and hopefully getting bloodwork at least. Haven’t felt well in a long time.

I learned a long time ago that doctors are for rich people. It's been 20 years since I've been to see a doctor. I have no regrets.

TimeFlipper

I agree with you regarding all the symptoms, especially when you and Paula both spoke about a sinus infection and a stuffed up nose...Twice in the last month i have had the same infection which is not unusual for me personally....However i do find good relief by taking ibuprofen tablets, although i doubt very much that both of you will agree with me about the tablets, ahh well ;):D...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I agree with you regarding all the symptoms, especially when you and Paula both spoke about a sinus infection and a stuffed up nose...Twice in the last month i have had the same infection which is not unusual for me personally....However i do find good relief by taking ibuprofen tablets, although i doubt very much that both of you will agree with me about the tablets, ahh well ;):D...

Ibuprofen helps but there is a rumor going around that it lowers immunity to Covid