Corona Virus

Kairos

It's not here yet that we know of. Only travelers and I think one community transmission. Also, it will probably have been here for at least a two weeks when we discover it. In terms of fatalities, that can take about a month from the time you show symptoms until you finally die. This is why you see that huge open cases stat but a relatively small closed cases stat.

We are also set up for a big surprise because we have a ridiculous health care system where a lot of people cannot realistically afford to pay hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) to show up at an ER just because they have flu-like symptoms. Welcome to consequences for bad public policies.

Mayhem

Zenith
  • ecember 8: First patient develops symptoms of coronavirus in Wuhan.
  • December 31: Earliest cases of virus reported to World Health Organization (WHO).
  • January 1: Seafood and wildlife market in Wuhan, where the outbreak is believed to have originated, is closed for disinfection
  • January 7: Chinese authorities confirm that they have identified the virus as a novel coronavirus
  • January 9: First person dies of the virus, though his death wasn't announced until January 11.
  • January 13: Thai authorities report their first case -- a Chinese national who had arrived from Wuhan.
  • January 16: Japanese authorities confirm their first case.
  • January 21: US officials confirm their first case.
  • January 23: Wuhan is placed on lockdown, and Lunar New Year celebrations are canceled in major Chinese cities. Around 60 million people are affected by lockdowns and travel restrictions in other parts of China. WHO says virus is not yet a public health emergency of international concern
  • January 28: Death toll tops 100. The number of confirmed cases in mainland China overtakes the deadly 2003 severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak.
  • January 30: WHO declares a public health emergency of international concern.
  • February 2: A Chinese man dies in the Philippines -- the first coronavirus death outside China.
  • February 4: The Diamond Princess cruise ship is docked under quarantine in Japan's Yokohama Bay with more than 3,700 people on board.
  • February 6: Death toll tops 500 globally.
  • February 7: Chinese whistleblower doctor Li Wenliang, who was targeted by Wuhan police, dies of the coronavirus. Chinese social media is flooded with grief, anger, and calls for freedom of speech.
  • February 8: The US Embassy in Beijing confirms that a US national died in Wuhan on February 6, marking the first confirmed death of a non-Chinese national.
  • February 11: The death toll tops 1,000 globally. The WHO names the coronavirus Covid-19.
  • February 15: The first coronavirus death in Europe is confirmed.
  • February 17: In the early hours of the morning, American passengers on the Diamond Princess fly out of Japan on a US-chartered evacuation plane.
Truth is not always in the reports.

TimeFlipper

I thought you guys got free medical care. Anyway, I will have to discuss it with my doctor. I think my kids did get vaccines for it. I got them all. My son gets one tomorrow. I'll ask.

Yes, everybody in the UK does get free healthcare, but certain vaccines are not issued for free unless you are classed as "elderly" :mad:..

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It's not here yet that we know of. Only travelers and I think one community transmission. Also, it will probably have been here for at least a two weeks when we discover it. In terms of fatalities, that can take about a month from the time you show symptoms until you finally die. This is why you see that huge open cases stat but a relatively small closed cases stat.

We are also set up for a big surprise because we have a ridiculous health care system where a lot of people cannot realistically afford to pay hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) to show up at an ER just because they have flu-like symptoms. Welcome to consequences for bad public policies.

It's in America -- probably under-reported

And I agree with your last statement. Most of us have to be dying before we will step foot in an ER because we can't afford it.
I have a stash of inhalers. I buy one every time my doc offers one even if I have enough. My neighbor has a stash of antibiotics she gets from her vet. (Gave me some once and saved me over $100 for a UTI).

Coronavirus Map

There's a map -- don't know about the accuracy. Corona will enter Florida during spring break.

P. Jedi

That virus has arrived in Grait Britain, Germany,
France and Italy. I am from the north of Italy and contagious people are not far more than 300 km. PROBABLY LESS. From the mainstream TV (reliable sources) at 8 PM of today February the 22nd 2020 that are the news. I don't know what to think but that's not funny.. holy shit

Kairos

It's pretty much everywhere by now. The American CDC is not even testing for community transmission right now. The only way they will test you is if you either recently traveled to China or were in close contact with somebody they know to be infected. Thus, literally nobody who was a victim of community transmission will ever even be allowed in their pipeline to be tested.

They are not even really trying to stop it. I think they gave up. They are in damage control mode, trying to keep the fragile globalist economy from collapsing on itself.