Did We Go to the Moon?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Keroscene

Re: Did We Go to the Moon?

^well I probably wouldnt be able to tellt he difference between them because I'm not a geologist or a scientist. But, Russia's unmanned lunar probes did collect samples and brought them back so they were able to compare them and i'm sure if there were major differences russia would of had a friggen field day with that.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

thats the bottom line of it . I wouldn't know the diffrence either. and short of going back to school I couldn't begin to try. to me a rock, is a rock, is a rock, some are round,some are flat. the flat ones skip good on water. so unless the thing glows in the dark don't ask me to ID it. and if it does, put it down and run. however you are rite, it is very easy for me to sit in the den drinkin beer and say shit thats easy to fix. but to do it is another thing. to climb in the shuttle and lite it off, knowing it might be the last thing I ever do. knowing I could easly be a very high priced fireworks show. not a chance in hell buddy. so I won't be making the trip anytime soon to prove NASA realy went or didn't. I still keep hoping that soon someone will get a land based pic. and prove me to damn suspisious. I will say this for the science boys. they are oft times at odds with the gov.and do seem to dissapear when they have the balls to speek up. so they aren't bad, or in on it too. just scared shitless of getting them selves dead.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I would like to know what you think of this.
Geography4Kids.com: Wallpapers: View of Earth from Moon

Some say the Earth viewed from the moon should be waaaay bigger. They also say that it would much brighter, like a couple times the brightness of a full moon, because the Earth is much bigger than the moon, so, more light is reflected from it's surface/atmosphere.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

it do seem a little small, about half the size I would expect. but even more odd is no stars in space around the earth. theres no air light up and block the view, so we should see all the stars huh?? also where are the shadows I didn't see any. not even one anywhere on the moon surface. odd indeed???

Num7

Administrator
Staff

If we look at how much of the Earth we see, the sun must be at about 80 to 60 degrees more or less behind the head of the guy who took the pic. If the sun was 90 degrees from the horizon, we would see only half of the Earth. That must be why there seem to be no shadows on the almost flat surface.

When the moon is full, we hardly see the stars around it. I think it's the same thing here, except that the Earth is even more bright. We must also consider the exposure level of the camera.........But, since there's no atmosphere on the moon, I guess we should see at least a little bit of stars, that's an interesting point KC.

Num7

Harte

Even on a moonless night, no camera on Earth shows any stars in the sky unless it's set for extended exposure.

It's worse on the Moon, because of the glare from the bright dust and rocks.

Harte

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Harte said:
Even on a moonless night, no camera on Earth shows any stars in the sky unless it's set for extended exposure.

It's worse on the Moon, because of the glare from the bright dust and rocks.

Harte

good point Harte, I have to agree with that. I realy hate it when I overlook the simple shit.:mad: but hey sometimes your the windshield, and some times your the bug.

jurgen36

Well Jurgen I was going to wish you well and all that but after that last little paragraph I will just say to you:
Jurgen you have been fun to talk to but now that I know you are racist I will end my polite conversations with you.
BUH-BYE.

Hope this dont piss the mods off, but as long as I am aware of racism I WILL SAY HOW F'D UP IT IS.

Sorry that this reply is very late but I did not even go to the website. I only found it by checking my old submissions.

I never have been a racist of any sort during all my life and as I traveled many times to most countries on earth I found friends everywhere. Also it only shows again that people ignore the important parts of any submission. "I said very clearly that a good friend of mine, a black man who also happened to be the president of the Ivory Coast" did say this. I never ever said that this was my opinion.

So please read all the info carefully before passing judgment.

Best regards

Harte

Sorry that this reply is very late but I did not even go to the website. I only found it by checking my old submissions.

I never have been a racist of any sort during all my life and as I traveled many times to most countries on earth I found friends everywhere. Also it only shows again that people ignore the important parts of any submission. "I said very clearly that a good friend of mine, a black man who also happened to be the president of the Ivory Coast" did say this. I never ever said that this was my opinion.

So please read all the info carefully before passing judgment.

Best regards
Jurgen,

Yeah, I saw what you were trying to say.

It is important for posters here to remember that English is not everyone's first language.

Because of this, a poster might not notice the undercurrent in their own post that a reader might consider obvious.

Different cultures, different languages, etc.

That being said, how ya been, Jurgen!

Welcome back to the board!:)

Harte