Digital Time Travel?

resistingtimetation

Sorry if this has been spoken about before. However, in terms of hard science time travel I have long believed it would be easier to send objects back into time than people. This is of course because you do not have a concern with keeping the object alive during transport; it's purely a question of getting it from point a to point b. Information communicated in the form of waves seems still more likely. I was reading a post by a user named Zeshua, and although I do not necessarily believe his story, it did bring up an interesting question for me. Would time travel purely through the internet be possible? It seems to me that it would be a matter of figuring out how to transport information faster than the speed of light (difficult, but again I figure less so than a person or physical object). Many servers on the internet have also been up and running for decades, so if becomes possible to transport data through it faster than the speed of light, we may be able to sidestep the issue that Ron Mallet has run into, which is that you are only able to travel back as far as when you first turned the machine on. This would mean that you could communicate with your past self since the moment you became accessible via the internet. I am aware that there are probably numerous issues and logistical problems with this, I am by no means a scientist or a physicist, but please discuss! Could this ever be true? what am i overlooking?

Last edited:

resistingtimetation

Ronald mallet is a con man. He doesn’t even have a time machine.
I respect that opinion and I don't doubt that he has not yet reached a point where he has been able to send anything back in time, as the articles I've read stated, but since he is a genuine physicist and does not appear to be trying to sell anything as far as I've seen I do believe he is genuinely looking for a method of time travel. Will do more research on him with a skeptical eye, though, as I've only read a couple of articles.

resistingtimetation

You have to keep in mind his age. He is nearly 80. How much time does he really have left?
I certainly don't have overwhelming faith that he will be the person to invent time travel, and by no means look to him as the ultimate authority. However, I define con men to be those that do not truly believe the ideas they are peddling, and/or are using false ideas to peddle a product and earn money, whether or not they truly believe. Someone like Elizabeth Holmes is not a scam artist because she failed to invent her hypothesized device, but because she actively misled people about the development and science and took their money. I haven't found much evidence that Ron Mallet is a similar figure, however, I will look into him more, and certainly, the media attention he has received may have been an incentive. I really didn't start this thread to discuss him, but the issue he described in his experiment was one that I thought could hypothetically be solved if this method of time travel or transporting information was possible.

lamdo263

Sorry if this has been spoken about before. However, in terms of hard science time travel I have long believed it would be easier to send objects back into time than people. This is of course because you do not have a concern with keeping the object alive during transport; it's purely a question of getting it from point a to point b. Information communicated in the form of waves seems still more likely. I was reading a post by a user named Zeshua, and although I do not necessarily believe his story, it did bring up an interesting question for me. Would time travel purely through the internet be possible? It seems to me that it would be a matter of figuring out how to transport information faster than the speed of light (difficult, but again I figure less so than a person or physical object). Many servers on the internet have also been up and running for decades, so if becomes possible to transport data through it faster than the speed of light, we may be able to sidestep the issue that Ron Mallet has run into, which is that you are only able to travel back as far as when you first turned the machine on. This would mean that you could communicate with your past self since the moment you became accessible via the internet. I am aware that there are probably numerous issues and logistical problems with this, I am by no means a scientist or a physicist, but please discuss! Could this ever be true? what am i overlooking?
R asked> Would time travel purely through the internet be possible? / Answer, Yes, the internet can jump in time. This is because the internet is made and run in part by the use of computers. Com[uters see forwards and backwards in time.

However, time jumping entails that is in a good machine, that your body is copied and a copy of that human pattern is kept somewhere.

The best simulation of a copy then capture to another time, is held in fiction by Star Trek TNG beings, known as the Vorgons.
This would be a device that is already inset into the body. Then upon activation, accounts for both the atomic and molecular displacement positions in the host body, copies these, then trips dematerialization, with the soul body complex being sent into the time and place vector.

What I've just mentioned here is a good system. However time travel just using the net, may be dangerous.

Beholder

If everyone had an ability to see one of the potential futures, nobody would be able to use it, because we would all try to change it into something else until all convergence is lost and every prediction is as good as anyone's guess. This paradox that prevents psychic abilities from going mainstream remains for technology. Only a few select people would have access to the predictions from a computer.

If everyone had an ability to see one of the potential futures, nobody would be able to use it, because we would all try to change it into something else until all convergence is lost and every prediction is as good as anyone's guess. This paradox that prevents psychic abilities from going mainstream remains for technology. Only a few select people would have access to the predictions from a computer.
Who cares about the future anyway. It’s parallel universes and the past. That most people care about.