Do you believe an actual Time Traveler would end up here on Paranormalis?

9th Wave

how do ya know they're hoaxers?
it's not like there's any other forum devoted solely to time travel.

I think we can all agree time travelers are everywhere. So what percentage are hoaxers to real? I can tell a little bit based on their time travel technical descriptions. If ya understand time machine construction really well you can tell.

Studying that isn't a simple endeavour though, takes nearly a lifetime.
Your conception of "spacial disposition", indefinitely tells me your not of the 'ranking'.
You contradict a lot of thing's you say...

If you want a real mathematical construct of anti-gravitational propulsions and its effect on matter, then my inobx is only a click away..
Don't hesitate to message me, I would love to have your outlook on astrophysics & gravity's effect on the 2017 propulsion system's.

Because in 2063-67, those theory's of yours might come to use.

HDRKID

It would be the ideal place to hang out and discuss future events with like minded persons. However, if you tell people what is going to happen it changes to future I was in. For example, if I tell you not to touch a hot pan. That I saw you get a nasty burn so you don't touch it and the event never occurs.

GoodCheapFast_MissingCloud_loopingversion.gif

Snow

Thanks for that explanation, but I would not be surprised. Anyone can be an imposter if they choose, but IMO it does not serve a good purpose.

Do you honestly believe that an actual time traveler would end up here on the internet, at this website?
No! No I don't believe a time traveler would ever post on this site.

In the early days, yes! I was sure of it, and there were a couple that were never actually debunked. One I recall was driven underground by threats by a long ago Admin. Another, posting sometimes from a military installation, was threatened by that very same Admin to "post that you are a fake and apologize, or I will call your base commander." TT034 did that. In yahoo chat, at the same time, he told me he had to stop posting immediately and said he knew he shouldn't have used that computer at work, because his mission was classified and he shouldn't be posting at all, now his mission might be compromised. His mission? To help ensure that Bush won the election to his second term, so that time travel would be accomplished sooner. I guess he accomplished his mission, but he was never heard from again.

On the other hand, if you out a hoaxer like Gary Voss and he cries 'lawyer', you get banned like I did.

This was supposed to be a safe place for time travelers to tell us about the future. We had even 'published' that we would protect them and keep all their info private. Some people got so burned up about the hoaxers that they destroyed the probability that a real TT would ever post here again.

It's probably considered treasonous or court marshallable by now, in the future, if you know what I mean.

Harte

Seems arrogant to me to expect that any time traveler (assuming such a person exists) would bother to stop what they are doing in order to engage the imaginations of a group of people sitting around hoping a time traveler might talk to them.

That sort of situation is more conducive to attention-craving hoaxers or cruel people looking to poke fun at that group.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Personally i feel that "if" a time-traveller checked out Paranormalis, he or she would be looking to see how far our members had got with their knowledge on the subject, i also imagine there would be different types of time-travellers..

Firstly one type would be like an aircraft test pilot, which means he knows how to fly it but not how it works..another would be purely an observer with no knowledge of how a time-machine works as it is automatically operated...

Thirdly a scientist who understands everything about the time-machine and who is on a mission to rectify something that went wrong in the future...

Snow

Seems arrogant to me to expect that any time traveler (assuming such a person exists) would bother to stop what they are doing in order to engage the imaginations of a group of people sitting around hoping a time traveler might talk to them.

That sort of situation is more conducive to attention-craving hoaxers or cruel people looking to poke fun at that group.

Harte
Yeah, I know right? Why, indeed, would anyone on a time travel mission do anything else - take any risks at all? I never thought that made sense. I also never believed anyone would actually tell the truth about their mission. However, I didn't come up with the concept. I guess John Titor did that? Was he the first one to say he was a time traveller? And I think he started chatting to science students or physics enthusiasts in IRC or someplace like that, before he posted on TTI, and then Art Bell P2P. I was very active on that forum but not too interested in his threads. I read them but never responded - seemed over my head in the science and the rest, well . . . at the time I thought he was trying to develop a militia mentality in the readers and figured he'd start recruiting sooner or later. Prepping is huge now, and practically mainstream. Back then, at least to me, it seemed suspicious. Who knew? LOL

When I did get interested, in Jan 2004, it was because it seemed that time travel might explain some time slips I experienced. Edits to history. People who died and you notice they just died again. And when I went to TTF.TK, it was like "do your homework and then we will talk time travel with you (guess I was asking annoying questions?) I read every word of JT material I could find on Anomalies, on TTI, on P2P, and by then Alexander was chatting with members on IRC, then Maxwell. It was very entertaining, really. It was like participating in a sci-fi drama that you weren't certain was total BS. It was FUN.

Snow

Personally i feel that "if" a time-traveller checked out Paranormalis, he or she would be looking to see how far our members had got with their knowledge on the subject, i also imagine there would be different types of time-travellers..

Firstly one type would be like an aircraft test pilot, which means he knows how to fly it but not how it works..another would be purely an observer with no knowledge of how a time-machine works as it is automatically operated...

Thirdly a scientist who understands everything about the time-machine and who is on a mission to rectify something that went wrong in the future...

I guess the variations and motivations to talk to strangers are endless.

I have read articles recently about MIT students who believe that we could soon send or retrieve data to and from the past. An article that Cern is looking for mini black holes, expecting them. CERN statements that make it clear they want to understand how to create matter. Geordie Rose commenting about borrowing resources from overlapping parallel dimensions. Depending on how much I squint, I can see JT becoming more and more right in areas of Science and politics - even though he gets further and further out of sync in the timing of events. And I also have to admit a USA civil war seems a lot more possible now than it did in 1999.

So . . . The social TT. He has time on his hands and no family or friends. Takes to the internet just for fun and gets caught up. Wants to warn people about whats ahead. They might come here. I expect anyone checking out the TT landscape would be hanging out around military installations, NASA, CERN. Especially if they wanted to influence the learning curve.

The Observer. The vacationer witnessing historical events. The Historian who gathering facts to correct the understanding of history.

The Scientist/Operative. Trying to fix something he messed up. Or trying to improve the outcome for a disastrous future. The horticulturist gathering seeds and cuttings to help replenish the war ravaged future. The student quantum physicist of the future who discovers she can communicate by posting and email and eventually chat via quantum tunneling.

The Off-mission TT. He has a mission to retrieve an IBM 5100 from his grandfather in 1975. His grandfather asks him to warn his own parents about the future. Goes to 2000 and 1998 and spends the time living with them and posting for several months online. He provides pictures, line art diagrams and his manual! Oh yeah and his patch. I found that so cool. My Dad was an Air force pilot and he saved patches from all his postings, and he loved them, was proud of them.

I guess I just consider it all exercise or thought experiments. A decent hoax, to me, could be entertaining. A poor one was great fun to try and debunk, but without anger and loathing. That got impossible.

It would nice to have it happen again, but sadly, I think that ship has sailed and won't be back.