Dr. Ronald Mallett

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Hello again! I'm sure at least some of you guys have heard of Dr. Ronald Mallett, if you're interested in time travel. Dr. Mallett wrote his memoirs in a book called Time Traveler: A Scientist's Personal Mission to Make Time Travel a Reality. According to these memoirs, Dr. Mallett lost his father to a heart attack at the age of 10, and since then has gone on a quest for his Holy Grail: to save his father from his untimely death. Dr. Mallett's father Boyd was a heavy smoker who himself had lost his own father at a young age, and feared before his death that he too would die young.

Judging from the end of that book, it seems that Dr. Mallett lost hope in ever going back in time to save his father. I am willing to both restore hope in Dr. Mallett and give him some advice on how we can change the past so that Boyd Mallett quit smoking early (if not, never smoked at all) and did not die as a 33-year-old man. I am also willing to present the scientist with my essay, and ask him for advice in return that will help me lead us to our shared goal of changing the past.

In the fairly recent past, I have attempted to contact Dr. Mallett with the intention of discussing time travel and other related topics with him, first via E-mail, and later through Facebook. I sent the scientist two E-mails, both of which he never responded to. He also never got back to me on Facebook, except to accept our friendship and to acknowledge my birthday wishes when his birthday rolled around.

In addition, I received advice on alternative methods at contacting Dr. Mallett from staff from the magazine ID Ideas & Discoveries, which shared my space and time travel blog on Facebook last year. They said to try calling him at his office or the secretary that represents his academic division.

I am sorry this post is so long, but do you guys think these two options are the best? If not, is there an alternative route I can take?

Martian

The limelight is not kind to everyone, and it's my understanding that he suffered severe ridicule for failing to seek scientific peer review of his ideas before going to the media. Many have said that his ideas will not work, and he faded into obscurity.

TimeFlipper

Hi Classical...Yes its true that Mallett has given up hope of building a time machine, but only in HIS lifetime: that still isnt deterring him from continuing his own research into his personal field of using the "ring laser" which was and will always be his main focus..
Im thinking the only way you might try to help him is not by your own very worthy area of interest, but by trying to expand his own awareness in the use of that ring laser..

Martian is right in that Mallett has received some criticism for his work, mostly by two guys called Olum and Everitt, that present very compelling writings about the use and theory of his ring laser..Mallett does have answers for them but he also concedes that he has to re-evaluate some areas of his research..

There are other "critics" of his who belong to a rival website of Paranormalis, that frankly would have difficulty even commentating on an under 14s football match!!...I see most of their criticism as just uneducated wafflers because Mallett happens to be a black guy..And im NOT trying to play the "race card" as iam white...
Good luck in what ever you decide to do Classical...your heart is in the right place..

Kind Regards
John :)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
The limelight is not kind to everyone, and it's my understanding that he suffered severe ridicule for failing to seek scientific peer review of his ideas before going to the media. Many have said that his ideas will not work, and he faded into obscurity.
That is just terrible! I was not aware of that.

Mallett should have used The Secret, the law of attraction that is the subject of a book written by Rhonda Byrne and a documentary starring Bob Proctor and company. The Secret teaches us that if you believe in something you want to become, have, or accomplish, and you act on it, you will get everything you've ever dreamed of, and if there is any gray area at all, it is likely infinitesimal. Albert Einstein believed in The Secret, and now, years after his death, mainstream scientists consider him one of the greatest geniuses of all time!

What a shame for Dr. Mallett! :( And forgive me for getting a little off topic.
Hi Classical...Yes its true that Mallett has given up hope of building a time machine, but only in HIS lifetime: that still isnt deterring him from continuing his own research into his personal field of using the "ring laser" which was and will always be his main focus..
Im thinking the only way you might try to help him is not by your own very worthy area of interest, but by trying to expand his own awareness in the use of that ring laser..

Martian is right in that Mallett has received some criticism for his work, mostly by two guys called Olum and Everitt, that present very compelling writings about the use and theory of his ring laser..Mallett does have answers for them but he also concedes that he has to re-evaluate some areas of his research..

There are other "critics" of his who belong to a rival website of Paranormalis, that frankly would have difficulty even commentating on an under 14s football match!!...I see most of their criticism as just uneducated wafflers because Mallett happens to be a black guy..And im NOT trying to play the "race card" as iam white...
Good luck in what ever you decide to do Classical...your heart is in the right place..

Kind Regards
John :)
My reply to Martian I think should apply here as well for you, timeflipper. Other than that, I'm white too, and I have nothing against black people either. ;)

What do you guys think about somehow presenting Dr. Mallett with The Secret? I have the documentary in DVD format, by the way.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
What is The Secret? :cool:
I'm sorry I did not make that absolutely clear to you. It was in my reply to Martian, as you will see below. My description of The Secret will be in bold.
That is just terrible! I was not aware of that.

Mallett should have used The Secret, the law of attraction that is the subject of a book written by Rhonda Byrne and a documentary starring Bob Proctor and company. The Secret teaches us that if you believe in something you want to become, have, or accomplish, and you act on it, you will get everything you've ever dreamed of, and if there is any gray area at all, it is likely infinitesimal. Albert Einstein believed in The Secret, and now, years after his death, mainstream scientists consider him one of the greatest geniuses of all time!

What a shame for Dr. Mallett! :( And forgive me for getting a little off topic.
I hope this helps!

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Thanks a ton, guys! Now anyway, perhaps I should spread the word to Dr. Mallett about The Secret somehow.

While I understand Mallett has his focus on other things, particularly the ring laser, I feel obligated to point him in other directions. You see, The Secret additionally teaches us that if you have a dream you embrace with all of your intention, you're not supposed to know how your dream will come true, or what path to take to make your dream a reality. That is up for the universe to decide.

In other words, I want Dr. Mallett to open up his mind to other options he could take to help him fulfill his lifelong dream to save his father.

Does this sound like a good idea to any of you?

Martian

Thanks a ton, guys! Now anyway, perhaps I should spread the word to Dr. Mallett about The Secret somehow.

While I understand Mallett has his focus on other things, particularly the ring laser, I feel obligated to point him in other directions. You see, The Secret additionally teaches us that if you have a dream you embrace with all of your intention, you're not supposed to know how your dream will come true, or what path to take to make your dream a reality. That is up for the universe to decide.

In other words, I want Dr. Mallett to open up his mind to other options he could take to help him fulfill his lifelong dream to save his father.

Does this sound like a good idea to any of you?
The problem is that you're trying to apply an unproven new age idea to science. No physicist is likely to consider that a good idea, as it directly contradicts the nature of empirical science.