Elon Musk Lands Deal to Take Twitter Private for $44 Billion

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Twitter's algorithm is known to contain such rules and biases, as to reduce the visibility and reach of certain people/orgs based on their political affiliations. Namely, shadowbans.

It's something that was implemented at some point by the old guard.

These things are bound to be found in the coming weeks or months. They're going to be fixed. I expect to hear about it soon, to be honest.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
No TOS broken.
Shadow bans aren't even mentioned in the TOS.
The reason is being conservative.
The algorithm is still extremely biased.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yep, they know and they're working on it. The Twitter devs and the good folks forking it on GitHub.

You have a lot of faith, Num. I think Elon is deep state. If I end up being wrong, I'll admit it out loud, but until then, I don't trust him.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
For the record, they have found some of the bias in the algorithm already, but I don't think I'm going to be able to find it to show it to you.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You have a lot of faith, Num.
Yeah, I do. Everything he's done in the last couple of months is good... Things that make Twitter a more reliable and neutral place. Baby steps, but still steps in the right direction.

Twitter is supposed to be -- Musk wants it to be -- a communications and information tool. Not a propaganda shill machine like Facebook that floods your feed with shit, while blocking you in a bubble.

The Twitter algorithm being released on Github is pretty mind-blowing. Don't expect other companies like Facebook or TikTok to do the same, it would be inconceivable. That algorithm is the platform's DNA, it's usually jealously guarded and full of secrets. Musk wants to go neutral and gain people's trust by doing this, which works.

Even though they didn't mention shadowbans in a little while, there has to be stuff about it in the algorithm, so I believe someone will find and fix it eventually.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yeah, I do. Everything he's done in the last couple of months is good... Things that make Twitter a more reliable and neutral place. Baby steps, but still steps in the right direction.

Twitter is supposed to be -- Musk wants it to be -- a communications and information tool. Not a propaganda shill machine like Facebook that floods your feed with shit, while blocking you in a bubble.

The Twitter algorithm being released on Github is pretty mind-blowing. Don't expect other companies like Facebook or TikTok to do the same, it would be inconceivable. That algorithm is the platform's DNA, it's usually jealously guarded and full of secrets. Musk wants to go neutral and gain people's trust by doing this, which works.

Even though they didn't mention shadowbans in a little while, there has to be stuff about it in the algorithm, so I believe someone will find and fix it eventually.

There is. People have found it. I wish I made a screen shot of the conversation.