Facebook

Motoko Aoyama

Yeah, that's quite annoying! For me, it was Farmville! God! People didn't stop sending me requests!!
Yeah. Now, the same thing is happening for CityVille. I noticed that a ton of facebook games have different names, but the concept is the same.
Bake your own cupcakes --> similar to cafe world and restaurant city with similar menus.
manage a store with insert new app name here --> similar to market street

Olly

I used to have an account but I deleted it. I got bored of getting messages, friend requests and more from random people, groups etc :p I'm sure you can set your privacy to not receive that kinda stuff, but I never used it anyway so there was no point in me keeping it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You bet, I almost disabled every imaginable alerts over there! I only have walls updates on my Facebook main page, which is a list of mostly uninteresting stuff like videos and other non-sense. I don't have any friends on there spending their life on Facebook though, but I've heard some people post all kind of weird shit on there, stuff that you would never say to someone face to face, but they feel it's OK to post it on Facebook.

RuleBreaker

Most people are "addicted" to Facebook because of chat. They go to chat with their friends for free, but when there isn`t anyone online they start looking photos playing games and doing stupid quiz.
I use it only for chat, it`s really easy to chat with friends from abroad :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, it definitely sounds like it replaced MSN for a lot of people. I asked someone the other day if he was using MSN, he said "Nope, I'm chatting on Facebook". I guess I'm part of the generation of Internet users used to chat on MSN. Back then I was using ICQ to chat with other people, but MSN came to be the #1 toy to talk to your online friends.

I'm still using MSN and I'm not chatting on Facebook though. ;)

NerdyGilr3

I am too in the MSN generation. Not chatting on Facebook, in fact, I log off from the chat when I go on Facebook. I find it annoying.
I still use MSN, though it's a real mess. Always laggy and shutting down for nothing! And I don't even have the latest version, I find it horrible! Yuck. I wish there would be a better software replacing it completely.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yup, the latest MSN version is a total mess, I have no idea how they were able to release such a disaster. I know a few open source alternatives for MSN but I don't think they match the original one, I always had issues with most of them.

I'm unable to consider using Facebook's chat instead of a full feature chat client, like MSN.

Olly

I used to use MSN when I was in school, but I haven't used it for years now. I would get a bit annoyed with people suddenly talking to me, and I could never think of a good reason why I couldn't talk to them :p Plus, I random people would add me and send me messages, which was a pain for me.

Motoko Aoyama

MSN requires everyone to update their instant messaging program otherwise they won't be able to log on. The best alternative is PalTalk because it can log on to its own server, MSN, Yahoo, and AIM. I think it can log on to Facebook chat and ICQ as well.

Spiral

I do find myself being fascinated to know who is saying and doing what, even if I don't really care about that person. Maybe I'm just a naturally nosey person. I would say it's some form of addiction.