First watch

kcwildman

Beastmaster
First watch

guess I will get this going. its a place to put odd things we notice our home town officals doing.
have noticed some odd things of late
#1. preset orange safty cones on hwy. just lined up along side the road at exit ramps ready to be placed funneling traffic off the hwy. leaving K.C. right befor the I-435 biss. loop that circles the town.I live about 25 miles outside kansas city( K.C.MO. U.S.A. the I -35 corridor)
#2. local small town where I live police ask for volenteers to back them up if needed.
#3. notice alot of the trains going threw town (K.C.) now loaded with semi-truck trailers.
#4. local smalltown police went to gov.surplus auction last summer. bought night vision optics. semi-auto rifels(AR-15) and long range directional micro-phones. the town only has 5000 people.
said to stop drug trade at area lakes. this has never been a prob.
#5. local city gov. has revamped water system and now wants/DEMANDS to inspect all homes for sump pumps connected to waste drains. NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE FOR CURRENT HOUSE's. carrys hefty fine
and jail time.
#6. K.C. just had big job fair 70-80% head hunters for local area police and armed security comps.
#7. county game wardens now upgraded to federal police officer status. issued guns instead of ticket books
#8. state just anounced issueing a new car license plate to be bought apon renew.
#9. state requires all drivers to prove citizen status with birth cert. apon renew. no matter how long you have been liveing at adress or a driver.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: first watch

#4 sounds weird for a small town. Something might be going on.

I'm personnaly living in a small town, there's no police station !
Anyway, there are no crimes here, nothing happens at all.

Num7

gonzogirl

kc wildman said:
guess I will get this going. its a place to put odd things we notice our home town officals doing.
have noticed some odd things of late
#1. preset orange safty cones on hwy. just lined up along side the road at exit ramps ready to be placed funneling traffic off the hwy. leaving K.C. right befor the I-435 biss. loop that circles the town.I live about 25 miles outside kansas city( K.C.MO. U.S.A. the I -35 corridor)
#2. local small town where I live police ask for volenteers to back them up if needed.
#3. notice alot of the trains going threw town (K.C.) now loaded with semi-truck trailers.
#4. local smalltown police went to gov.surplus auction last summer. bought night vision optics. semi-auto rifels(AR-15) and long range directional micro-phones. the town only has 5000 people.
said to stop drug trade at area lakes. this has never been a prob.
#5. local city gov. has revamped water system and now wants/DEMANDS to inspect all homes for sump pumps connected to waste drains. NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE FOR CURRENT HOUSE's. carrys hefty fine
and jail time.
#6. K.C. just had big job fair 70-80% head hunters for local area police and armed security comps.
#7. county game wardens now upgraded to federal police officer status. issued guns instead of ticket books
#8. state just anounced issueing a new car license plate to be bought apon renew.
#9. state requires all drivers to prove citizen status with birth cert. apon renew. no matter how long you have been liveing at adress or a driver.

Sounds like MO just got some homeland security money!
At least they didnt put up a fountain in the middle of town like some cities did! #5,7,9 are all happening here in Oregon.
#9 is funny because at first some states wanted the illegals to have a licence and NOW the state doesn't....
I am gonna look around and see what Portland is doing. I do know that Portland has done alot of "scenerios" for an emergency. practice.
I personally think enough time has gone by since 9/11 and the US needs to
be ready for another attack. I feel it is coming, but on a smaller scale.
#3 sounds like the semi truck trailers are going to be set up as an emergency post or triage of some sorts.
All this makes me a little freacked out!
P.S...Num7..my town dosent have a police dept either! We just let the Meth-heads do what they want!

kcwildman

Beastmaster

well this is all a shock to us hear in mayberry.:eek: when I moved to the town(after the birth of our first child) it was to escape the prying eyes of the locals, and there arms of control. back then 1981, there was a town population of 1200 counting the dogs and cats, we had a total of three cops,(hell I use to make fun and call the chief of police Andy Taylor cause he didn't even carry a gun) and two cop cars. traffic court was once a month, on the first tues. we didn't have a jail, and after five pm the cops radios were switched over to the county dispatcher for the night shift. we now have at least dozen cops and who knows how many cars. I just wanted to let my kids grow up in a safe place. it has been so far, but things are a changen quick,fast,in a hurry.last year we had our first murder in 15 yrs.some old fart went to K.C. and brought home a crack whore. he's dead she's in jail.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

You town increased its population from 1200 to 5000 in 25 years, it's not that bad. Murders are pretty rare in towns of that size. Where I live, almost every towns around are between 1000 and 2500, and there are almost no murders, no big crimes. I can vaguely remember of one, a long time ago.

There was a population of 2000 in my town in the 80s. Now, we're 1700.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

untill 2000 the town had less than 3000 people
in the last few years a bunch of yuppys have run like rats from the city into all the small towns around K.C. taking/bringing the crime with them. we now have real cops in the H.S. halls,(last years grad.class had 160 kids) and the county sheriff brings in the drug dogs once a week to sniff the lockers. its just time to move farther away from the city I guess

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Did the same thing hapened to other towns around yours ?
Where I live, I've never see any drug dogs, except for some huge police operations, maybe once every ten years !
Yep, rural zone !!!

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

yeh all the rual towns have seen a rush of city folk moving there. the guy who owns the trash local service lives next door. he told me just last week he picks up 30-40 new customers a month every month. I have already discussed it with the wife we got to go. the kids are near grown and we are tired of all the bullshit comin round. hell I got NOTICE OF AN ATRACTIVE NUSSANCE FOR A PILE/NOT STACKED FIRE WOOD and was given 14 days to either stack it properly or remove it from the yard

Num7

Administrator
Staff

There been a murder this week-end in a town not so far away from mine. They're talking about it everywhere. A young man kidnapped, then killed a women in his Neighbourhood for a few hundred dollars.

It happened in a town with a 1200 population. :(

kcwildman

Beastmaster

life is getting cheep here too, last year they ran a story on the local news bout two lifelong friends. that fought over a sandwitch while at the bus stop.the one shot and killed his buddy cause he wouldn't give him a bite of the sandwitch. good friend huh??????
oh yeh just noticed the cops in mayberry got three new crusers, ford crown vics. no markings at all, no lites ontop, might be in the grill didn't get close enough to look appears to be plain white wrappers.
also the cops got such a good response to there last call for volanteers they did it again said they will need all the help they can get for the summer rush of visitors to the lake??????
the lake is patroled by the county not city???????
and its run by the army corp of engineers not the city??????
smells fishy to me?????