Frauds and lies

Judge Bean

Frauds and lies

Wow. Simmer down there, Tex. Are you saying that I've got to be a tourist over there in Dodge City before I can ask some questions about the government? I knew there was some reason I didn't want to take that trip.

Are you saying (with a straight face) that that hellhole where they bulldoze homes and launch urban rocket attacks against leaders of highly-sophisticated suicide squads is a civilized democracy? That you don't get favorable treatment in public life if you are a Jew? That you aren't "profiled" and subject to different laws if you're Arab Palestinian?

You want us to choose sides between two sides each bent on eradication of the other? I've got a great idea when it comes to the Middle East: Isolationism. America First. Keep us out of the War.

Another great idea: conversion from the internal combustion and jetfuel economy to hybrid and electronic technologies.

Put two and two together, and as far as I'm concerned, they can take their ancient rivalries and blow each other to bits. We have been trying to get those people to sit down together and work this out since World War II. Time to fold and go home with what we got.

CaryP

Frauds and lies

You want us to choose sides between two sides each bent on eradication of the other? I've got a great idea when it comes to the Middle East: Isolationism. America First. Keep us out of the War.

Another great idea: conversion from the internal combustion and jetfuel economy to hybrid and electronic technologies.

Put two and two together, and as far as I'm concerned, they can take their ancient rivalries and blow each other to bits. We have been trying to get those people to sit down together and work this out since World War II. Time to fold and go home with what we got.

Can I second the motion? My sentiments exactly. Thank you Paul.

Cary

Judge Bean

Frauds and lies

Originally posted by Unintentional@Oct 24 2004, 09:35 PM
Who is smarter? A C student from Yale or a straight A student from Arizona State?

A dropout from the University of Nevada beats them both. Someone who flunked out of the University of Montana has them both beat. Don't ask me how I know.

In fact, the smartest presidents never went to college at all, and the smartest candidates are rarely elected.

Anybody from an "ivy league" school can kiss my Land Grant Institution ass.

Doc Brown

Frauds and lies

Originally posted by Razimus@Oct 21 2004, 09:50 PM

I suppose Bush's Bachelors degree from YALE and a Master of Business Administration degree from HARVARD is no big deal, if it's from the perspective of
an Einstein like you.

Hello Razimus,

I assume you are being sarcastic here? You've every right to disagree with his opinion, but I disapprove of your doing so in such a manner. From what I've seen of Ralan's posts, he's one of the most intelligent people here - I enjoy reading them because he always has something clever/interesting to say. He also appears to be loaded with bucketfuls of imagination, if his "Rhythm and Rhyme" posts are anything to go by - and he's a teenager like me! So I just want to say rock on Ralan, and thanks for helping dispose with the popular view that teenagers are brainless troublemakers.

In short, I'd like to say that everyone is perfectly entitled to have their own opinion and it is all right to disagree with each other as long as we do so in a polite, cordial manner, whereas your post comes off as sounding a little rude. Ralan's a nice guy. I'm sure you are too. So let's be nice to each other.

CaryP

Frauds and lies

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but the thread topic seems to fit best. I found this on a financial website. Go figure. Some people seem to be noticing things are not exactly "right" here in the US.

Cary

Official Definition of Democracy

Official Definition

of

DEMOCRACY

Here are four (4) facsimile section reproductions taken from a 156 page book officially compiled and issued by the U. S. War Department, November 30, 1928, setting forth exact and truthful definitions of a Democracy and of a Republic, explaining the difference between both. These definitions were published by the authority of the United States Government and must be accepted as authentic in any court of proper jurisdiction.

These precise and scholarly definitions of a Democracy and a Republic were carefully considered as a proper guide for U. S. soldiers and U. S. citizens by the Chief of Staff of the United States Army. Such definitions take precedence over any \"definition\" that may be found in the present commercial dictionaries which have suffered periodical \"modification\" to please \"the powers in office.\"

Shortly after the \"bank holiday\" in the thirties, hush-hush orders from the White House suddenly demanded that all copies of this book be withdrawn from the Government Printing Office and the Army posts, to be suppressed and destroyed without explanation.

This was the beginning of the complete red control of the Government from within, not from without.
(No. 1 fac simile)
TM 2000-25
TRAINING MANUAL
No. 2000-25 WAR DEPARTMENT,
WASHINGTON, November 30, 1928.

CITIZENSHIP

Prepared under direction of the

Chief of Staff

This manual supersedes Manual of Citizenship Training

The use of the publication \"The Constitution of the States,\" by Harry Atwood, is by permission and courtesy of the author.

The source of other references is shown in the bibliography.
(No. 2 fac simile)

TM 2000-25
118-120

CITIZENSHIP

Democracy:

A government of the masses.

Authority derived through mass meeting or any other form of \"direct\" expression.

Results in mobocracy.

Attitude toward property is comunistic-negating property rights.

Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate. whether it be based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.

Results in demagogism license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.
(No. 3 fac simile)

TM 2000-25
120-121

? ? ? CITIZENSHIP

Republic:

Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best fitted to represent them.

Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights, and a sensible economic procedure.

Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequences.

A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass.

Avoids the dangerous extreme of either tyranny or mobocracy. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.

Is the \"standard form\" of government throughout the world.

A republic is a form of government under a constitution which provides for the election of (1) an executive and (2) a legislative body, who working together in a representative capacity, have all the power of appointment, all power of legislation all power to raise revenue and appropriate expenditures, and are required to create (3) a judiciary to pass upon the justice and legality of their governmental acts and to recognize (4) certain inherent individual rights.

Take away any one or more of those four elements and you are drifting into autocracy. Add one or more to those four elements and you are drifting into democracy. - Atwood

121. Superior to all others. - Autocracy declares the divine right of kings; its authority can not be questioned; its powers are arbitrarily or unjustly administered.

Democracy is the \"direct\" rule of the people and has been repeatedly tried without success.

Our Constitutional fathers, familiar with the strength and weakness of both autocracy and democracy, with fixed principles definitely in mind, defined a representative republican form of government. They \"made a very marked distinction between a republic and a democracy * * * and said repeatedly and emphatically that they had founded a republic.\"
(No. 4 fac simile) ?
[A G. 014.33 (4-28-8).] ?
BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF WAR: ?
?C.P. SUMMERALL,
?Major General,
?

Chief of Staff.
OFFICIAL: ?

LUTZ WAHL,
?

Major General,
?
The Adjutant General

pauli

Frauds and lies

Thanks for copying the definitions to this site Cary. Yes, the Founding Fathers of this country definitely created a Republic. Unfortunately, a lot of people get these two definitions mixed up in their heads and think they are interchangeable. They are not. We live in a republican based democracy, but the emphasis is on the Republic, not the Democracy. This is the very reason they established the electoral college to begin with. While it might be a royal pain and while it might lead to problems like we had in the election of 2000, it preserves us from slipping into a democracy and therefore into, what the founding fathers feared - "mob-rule."

Again, thanks.

Judge Bean

Frauds and lies

Originally posted by pauli@Oct 27 2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks for copying the definitions to this site Cary.? Yes, the Founding Fathers of this country definitely created a Republic.? Unfortunately, a lot of people get these two definitions mixed up in their heads and think they are interchangeable.? They are not.? We live in a republican based democracy, but the emphasis is on the Republic, not the Democracy.? This is the very reason they established the electoral college to begin with.? While it might be a royal pain and while it might lead to problems like we had in the election of 2000, it preserves us from slipping into a democracy and therefore into, what the founding fathers feared - \"mob-rule.\"

Again, thanks.

Well, you can monkey around with the technical definitions all you want. How about this one: Constitutional Democratic Republic?

"Preserves us from slipping into a democracy," !

Pardon my Exclamation, but I don't think you want to say that. The slope from the Democracy to the Mob Rule level is terraced-- and, in the case of the U.S., supposedly blocked by retaining walls required by the Constitution. Your argument could be used to describe a similar slide too easily from a Republic into Authoritarianism-- i.e., from a Representative Republic to an Unrepresentative Tyranny.