Get together

StarLord

Get together

In the immortal words of Steve McQueen(The Great Escape) after his first hit of Potato hooch...........

"Wow"

Thank You Kind Sir, to you also Cary.

Cornelia

Get together

Hey hey hey:
yes i love my country. that is why i, and many of my brothers in arms will take up arms to restore the constitution.

You mean that if the so-called commander-in-chief declares martial law, as many foresee if something happens, then the US Army will split in two?
You know what this means? Civil war, nothing else...

Snow

Get together

Originally posted by Cornelia@Aug 16 2004, 04:49 PM
Hey hey hey:
yes i love my country. that is why i, and many of my brothers in arms will take up arms to restore the constitution.

You mean that if the so-called commander-in-chief declares martial law, as many foresee if something happens, then the US Army will split in two?

According to Alexander it is just that . . . a 60/40 split favoring the gov't. Also according to Alexander, the Constitutionalists are losing the war when Russia steps in and ends it.

only Time will tell . . .

SFW

Cornelia

Get together

Hey Snow,
According to Alexander it is just that . . . a 60/40 split favoring the gov't.

But this time is not a self-called TTer to say so... it's a military!! The real thing!!! Veeery scaring!!!

CaryP

Get together

But this time is not a self-called TTer to say so... it's a military!! The real thing!!! Veeery scaring!!!

Damn, I wish these things had audio. I just love a woman with an accent from one of the romance languages. Good to have you back Cornelia.

Cary

Judge Bean

Get together

Originally posted by Cornelia@Aug 16 2004, 10:49 PM
Hey hey hey:

There is no reason to be alarmed about this. It is an American tradition, stretching back to a time before we had pirates running things, for members of the military to consider themselves in service on a thorough volunteer basis, even if drafted. Far different thing from the standard European or Asian model, in which loyalty is enforced along other lines; Americans depend upon a natural patriotism which is a link to the heritage ideology rather than the accident of birth.

But the theoretical part of it is irrelevant. It is our tradition to stand for our rights against the authorities. We do not view it as rebellion, but as the assertion of fundamental authority which we keep; if those in power assume too much power, they always run the risk of having us blow the whistle on them. This is what they've done by now, of course, although it has been a long time coming. Their arrogance and material strength has accumulated over decades, throughout the 20th Century.

It's a new century now. It is always a mistake to rely upon American citizens to betray one another, however simple a matter it may seem to rob them of their rights over time. When you hear an American soldier state that his first obedience is to the Constitution, the law of the land and our national charter, and the document that preserves our hard-won rights, you are hearing the actual patriotic voice of my country.

starwolf

Get together

bravo paul...bravo... just know there are many soldiers with great combat experience and leadership skills. we had a saying in the af/pak mountains... to hunt, you must know your prey. do you see what i mean by this? as a soldier, if it came to my making a decision to uphold the constitution, i will know my enemy. i believe it was a rule of sun tsu come to think of it... there are a great deal of soldiers who think the government is too powerful and the militia, which the constitution demands, is now dissolved into the national guard, that is what the national guard is, or was supposed to be the protectors of our beloved constitution. so our question in the military has always been, where is the well armed militia in every state? we believe the best way to go about this is to "dissolve" ourselves into grassroots militias in our home cities, grab as much gear as we can, keep a channel open and prep for the worst. we do see a split within the military and it worries us. the voice may be too small to be heard over the zeal of some general with dreams of glory we never heard about, or like in the first revolution, the militia was considered a problem, rather than a solution. till they had proven themselves in several battles and inflicted a great deal of pain on the british.