gov versus poor

Rosco..Jones

Good article on a growing trend in the country. Going along with this is the privatization of the prison system, a for profit business. The more prisoners, the more money they make. We do have the highest percentage of citizens behind bars, than any other country. Many sentences are excessive and probation can be hard to come by.

A big issue I have here deals with the incarceration of persons for MJ possession. A victimless crime, causing zero fatalities is classed as a level one narcotic, the same as heroine and cocaine. Drinking and cigarettes are much more harmful and legal. Free the potheads, reduce over crowding and get the police/courts/prisons to focus on real crime.

1328425134_Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

BlastTyrant

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die"

My personal beliefe in the prison system is that repeat offenders "murders,rapists,child molestors" just need to be brought out back and shot, i do not want to support a Murdering child rapist cause there is a chance he can be "rehabelitated", no end it now free up space and eliminate the possibility of him doing it again. 9MM bullets are cheap.

Rosco..Jones

BT, God will sort it all out. You just want to speed them on their trip.
Giving these types of offenders one chance to reform, is more than fair.
Sometimes, you just need to cut out the infection, so it doesn't spread.

BlastTyrant

Exactly every day you see repeat offenders commiting the same crime that they have 3-4 times before, but yet our system keeps letting them out to hurt more innocent people, If gang members started having there fellow kind being takin out for repeat offenses im sure crime would cut back drastically. And not just in crime like that ether

Look at drunk drivers just a bit ago there was a guy in Wisc that had his 8th DWI!! how in the F*** does he keep getting his license back???? Our Justice system is a joke, to many bleeding hearts. They say Executing isnt the answer but if it was there daughter or wife that got Raped or killed by some guy who has a history of it they would see it differently, i know i would sleep better knowing that more Child molestors or convicted murders wernt released in my neighborhood where my little brother plays.

BlastTyrant

Exactly every day you see repeat offenders commiting the same crime that they have 3-4 times before, but yet our system keeps letting them out to hurt more innocent people, If gang members started having there fellow kind being takin out for repeat offenses im sure crime would cut back drastically. And not just in crime like that ether

Look at drunk drivers just a bit ago there was a guy in Wisc that had his 8th DWI!! how in the F*** does he keep getting his license back???? Our Justice system is a joke, to many bleeding hearts. They say Executing isnt the answer but if it was there daughter or wife that got Raped or killed by some guy who has a history of it they would see it differently, i know i would sleep better knowing that more Child molestors or convicted murders wernt released in my neighborhood where my little brother plays.

Justinian

They call this being institutionalized. It works the same for military members as it does for prisoners(lifestyle not attitude). They get so used to a way of life. It's 3 hots and a cot. I mean these prisoners know that no matter what they do, they'll just get thrown back in prison and they'll be fed and clothed, and given a place to sleep. This is why there is no remorse for them committing repeat offenses. I agree with RJ though on the fact that there are certain crimes that are over punished. I mean if you're selling pot at an elementary school, thats one thing, but who gives a rats ass if you wanna do it in your own home. I don't think though, that the problem is privitization of prisons. The problem is our American society in general. This can't be blamed on guns, drugs, or poverty. This is a problem of society as a whole gets ignorant and doesn't know or want to deal with certain issues, so they just outlaw it and throw anyone in jail that goes against what they say. There are a lot of good documentaries on Russian prisons. You can see in your chart that they are #2. But, these cats they have in jail there are not just some small time losers. They have some real badasses locked up over there. I'm sure they have a lot of political enemies locked up as well, but Russian's in general can get really nasty with each other really fast. Okay, I sidetracked for a second, but going back to America.. This is what we've let our society grow into. This problem of electing a judge to make decisions for us.. giving their elected, legal "opinions" on their interpretations of how our laws are to work. Good example of two faced judges.. Principal of a school forgets her daughter in her car and daughter dies from heat exposure. Everyone felt bad for her because she was an over worked mother, and basically got a slap on the wrist. Another district.. Man is accused of beating his children. Nobody died. Yet they threw at him 25 years in prison because it was national child abuse month and the judge was coming up for re-election. This kind of shit cannot continue to happen in our country without some changes. But you know what?.. It'll never happen. Americans in general will never stand up for our country, because we have too many bleeding hearts out there that want to bitch and complain about every little detail of their life, no matter how perfect it may be. People protesting soldiers funerals.. local governments trading obligations for penalties.. politicians swaying their obligations to us based on upcoming elections.. this kind of crap is why other countries hate America. regardless of what people think back home, the majority of the world does not want to live in America. They want our lifestyle as far as material possessions, but they know that legally our country is so messed up that even as a what I would consider to be a fairly wealthy person.. I've dated women from poor countries that refused to even consider the idea of being married and living in the USA. We're still a fairly young country, but we're coming up to that make it or break it point in our society where we need to change the way things work or we're facing the collapse of the American Empire. I love my country and I have done and will continue to do anything and everything she asks of me, but it still does not refute the fact that we need some changes to the way our political and legal systems work. I watched an episode of some cartoon.. I think it might have been a Green Lantern cartoon.. And he was brought to court on a planet that had no lawyers. This was because they made it so that the lawyers faced the same penalty as the person they defended.. so therefore nobody wanted to be a lawyer anymore. I like that idea.

Also, now that you guys have me going.. why not look even deeper into things and you want to talk about people being jailed for crimes that shouldn't lead to jail time.. let's talk about child support.. I've written letters to congressman and women both state and federal for the majority of the 50 states. And not one of them have ever responded to me. I don't even get the generic, "thank you for contacting the office of.. ". The child support system in America is so corrupt and everyone knows it, yet nobody wants to broach the subject. I mean at least with abortion they argue over it.. Nobody even will discuss the child support system because they all know how messed up it is. Let me just say that I pay child support I do. I don't complain because I have to pay, I complain because of the way I pay. I pay over $1k/month. For 1 child. When I originally went to court over this, i was told that they would be taking 40% of my paycheck at the time this was 350/month. I told the judge I couldnt afford to live if they took that much and he told me flat out to get a second job. So I said if I get a second job, she'll just bring me back in for more support.. to which he replied that was just a chance that I'd have to take if I wanted to be able to afford to live. Oh and then if I'm late, they tack on 11.3% interest per month until I'm paid up. At one point I missed a payment because I switched from writing them checks to paying through direct bill pay online. And I screwed something up and I had it scheduled for a few days after it was due. The next day after it was due, I got a letter in the mail informing me that my drivers license, and passport were being revoked and that I shouldn't attempt to leave the state or the country. And that they would be looking into my bank accounts to seize the funds. 1 DAY LATE!!! Then a few years later.. my ex takes me back in for more support because she says she deserves a piece of my new high paying job. And no questions asked, they just give her more.. Now my question is that if she was doing fine on 350/month.. why does she deserve part of my new salary? I never made that much while we were together.. so it's not like there was a lifestyle that she was used to that they are making me pay for her to maintain. Oh and child support can and will go into your bank accounts. They WILL lock you up for any reason they feel is justified whether it is or not.. They answer to nobody. They are the US version of the KGB. They only go after fathers that pay support. If you don't pay.. yeah they might put you on some watch list and hope that some cop picks you up.. but for the most part they don't bother cause its a waste of money.. But if you pay, they know you are scared to lose your job so they try all the scare tactics they can to make you pay up, knowing you want to keep your job. But for the ones that don't pay.. what do they gain? they lock them up for 30 days, the support just racks up while they aren't working, then they lose their jobs cause they got locked up for 30 days.. and can't pay support again.. Let's see.. then after they raised my support.. they decided that they didn't want to take the risk of me having the money taken out by auto bill pay.. so they decide to contact my company and informed them that I was behind $3500 and that my company needed to immediately start taking the money out of my checks and that I am not allowed to change this under any circumstances. OH and did I mention that I hold a security cleared job? So by them telling my company that I haven't been paying my support.. and knowing how much I make.. I almost lost my job over this. And I was never behind. They just made up the story. When I had my attorney call, all they said was they were sorry, but the judge needed it to come directly out of my checks and they needed to justify that. Then a few days later they called my company again. And informed them that I was court ordered to have my child on my insurance and was refusing to do so. So they had my company once again questioning me over this.. then had them changing my insurance premiums (which I had to pay).. So once again I called back.. Asking them why the court decree says my exwife will pay for insurance and not me, and why they were harrasing me at work.. To which the response was that there was a paperwork error and they were sorry for the inconvenience. And it took me 6 months to get them to call my company and explain their error. Only after I threatened to go to the media and show the email proof of the incompetence of the child support system did they do anything.

Sorry.. rant, rant, rant.. I'll stop now and take a break.. my fingers hurt.

HDRKID

This just in.
Colorado shooting suspect was a psychiatric patient - CNN.com

He told people what he was going to do, and they did nothing. The government solution is to take our 2nd amendment away.

That is like a drunk gets into 100 accidents and they decide to take everyone's driving priviledge away. Make us all ride the bus and not use cars anymore. That way we can all be safe and secue. I see a pattern of rights erosion. This is simply one more excuse. Oh yes, to take our rights away.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok guys lets stop the side stepping...... the gov. has always been against the poor....

riddle me this batman???

when was the last time you drove into the city and watched the cops suround one of those limo's with the blacked out windows and hall everyone out making them lay down in the street while the goon squad literilly tears the car apart just cause they were in the wrong place....

how offten do you see a drug raid in the rich part of town where the poor old guy gets shot cause he didn't answer the questions right or he had the nerve to try and defend his home......

unless one of the rich greedy bas%$#ds actually wrecks there car and hurts someone,and then only if there are witnesses.. the local goon squad lets them do what ever they want no questions ask

this is not a prediction,, not a great reviel from the future,,not even a never befor seen statement,,,, it's just an observation of everyday life in the big city's and small towns all over the world....

Justinian

Yeah KC.. they call it profiling. That's the official terminology that they use so it doesn't sound like they are out to get one particular demographic. Racial profiling, economic profiling.. they do it all the time. Marketing firms do the same thing. They may not be locking you up in jail, but they still are targeting specific demographics for the purpose of taking your money. which in essence keeps you poor.