Debunking Government Conspiracies

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Although I don't trust the government, one conspiracy theory irks me: Vaccines. I do not believe vaccines were created by the government to insert nanobots into us, give us autism, or spread unknown illnesses. I'm a vaccine advocate. I do not see a conspiracy there.

I know a woman whose daughter, last year, contracted 3 strains of the flu at once. It lasted 2 weeks and she was almost hospitalized. The girl was severely ill, missed school, etc. She still won't vaccinate her child. Ignorance...

Khaos

where the wild things are
The government doesn't lie and cover things up?

Then why did the watergate scandal happen?

Harte

The Watergate scandal was not a "government" cover up.

It was a political cover up instigated by the leader of a political party.

Harte

Khaos

where the wild things are
The Watergate scandal was not a "government" cover up.

It was a political cover up instigated by the leader of a political party.

Harte

Uh no. The watergate scandal was a cover up in relation to President Nixon which caused him to resign from presidency. The president IS the government. Even elementary students know that. What school did you go to Harte?

List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Political/Government basically the same thing. The government involves politics, politics involve the government. To sit there and think that everything the government says is true, is like the WBC believing that god hates fags.

The system isn't perfect, you can't say that abuse doesn't happen. It does.

Galileo

When it comes to human nature, the easiest explanation is usually the right one. Not silly 9/11 truther conspiracys.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
When it comes to human nature, the easiest explanation is usually the right one. Not silly 9/11 truther conspiracys.

The easiest explanation is a cop-out for people who don't want to think. We have a thread on this (Occam's Razor).

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
My question is conspiracy by who? There still doesn't appear to be any direct evidence linking anyone to be the masterminds behind 9/11. But it seems that the information flowing into the hands of government officials was falsified. Who has the ability to falsify this information on such a massive scale? FBI? They can't even convict a cop of murder. It does appear to me that our government is being controlled with false information. So who are the puppet masters?

Galileo

The easiest explanation is a cop-out for people who don't want to think. We have a thread on this (Occam's Razor).

I don't think so.

Nature takes the path of least resistance, that means people too. Conspiracys are generally to complex to actually work. Reality isn't that magical, well in my opinion anyway.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't think so.

Nature takes the path of least resistance, that means people too. Conspiracys are generally to complex to actually work. Reality isn't that magical, well in my opinion anyway.
I couldn't say it better than you did. Although I don't always remember this important point, I think it's a very important argument against several conspiracy theories out there.

We know that some evil members of the elites are ready to go very far to hide the truth from us, that's a sure thing. Are their conspiracies as impossibly complex as we sometimes think they are (or imagine they are)? That's a very good question we should ask ourselves before taking the plunge into the world of incredibly (or ridiculously?) complex conspiracy theories.