Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Maybe a friend could let you rip the ISO and burn it onto 5 or 6 CDs? Then you'd just have to get the ISO on your computer, use Daemon Tools to mount the image for installation and then use a No-DVD patch to run the game. I hate having to pull out a disc for every game I play so most everything I have has a No-CD/DVD fix ;)

smokeringhalo

I did find something odd that I never really noticed before and considering all the things I've tried (this is an extremely old problem) the cause may have been right under my nose.

As you can see from the image, my dvd drives properties says its type is CD Drive. Shouldn't this type be DVD?
dvdrom7eg.jpg

If you have XP, check what your dvd drive type is and compare.
I dont know how to manually change drive types but if its not supposed to be listed as a CD drive, at least I have a starting point to work from which is more than I had before.

shane

It's normal for a combo drive to show up as "CD Drive" in XP's properties. Still though, I'd try switching or updating the drivers you are using, especially if you are using default generic windows drivers.

Keroscene

I was wondering how you modded GTA Heggy? Is it a program you use or one you wrote yourself, or can you do it from the ~console~? Can you please explain to me how to?

smokeringhalo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"shane\")</div>
It's normal for a combo drive to show up as \"CD Drive\" in XP's properties. Still though, I'd try switching or updating the drivers you are using, especially if you are using default generic windows drivers.[/b]

Its not the drivers - I've tried virtually everything over the last couple years, believe me. I went to a tech forum and they suspect my dvd laser is simply fried. San Andreas will just have to wait until I can afford a new drive.
Sucks because its on sale right now for $30

smokeringhalo

The one Im looking at is $120 with lightscribe technology, which will really be helpful in giving my CD a professional look without having to hire a printing Co.
In either case, whether $40 or $120 - its all expensive to people like myself without a fixed income.

Keroscene

I played the XBOX version of GTA:SA the other day and noticed major improvements over the PS2 version, most notably the framerate. Shadows also seem to be more realistic than in the PS2 version. I can't understand why they would'nt make it XBOX Live Aware though, it would be nice to know if fellow gamers were also playing. I was going to get it last week for my computer but was not satisfied with the trade in value of some of my favorite games. EB Games really sticks it to ya on the trade in value. I will however buy it this Friday. I am also going to buy a wireless network setup, my friend next door said if I bought the equipment I could use his internet connection. It would probably save me 50 dollars a month or so in cable bills. The one I was looking at said it had a range of 1800 ft. but won't know for sure until it's all hooked up. I did a foot2foot measurement from his house to mine and is under 500 ft. It's going to cost about 200$ to get the whole shabang but should pay itself off soon enough. I was wondering if anyone knew how to broadcast the actual cable signal, or is that illegal? I'll tell more on the brand that I get and how well it works when its complete.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Keroscene\")</div>
I was wondering how you modded GTA Heggy? Is it a program you use or one you wrote yourself, or can you do it from the ~console~? Can you please explain to me how to?[/b]

Ahh man, I'm sorry I didn't even see this post. What do you mean by modding? I haven't done a whole lot with San Andreas yet, but I did quite a bit of playing around with Vice City. There's so much you can do by "modding", so I'm not really sure what exactly you're referring to.

I just wrote a tutorial for San Andreas on how to insert car spawn points, so you can put any car anywhere you want in the game :) You can find it here:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=195143

I'm going to try to write several more because I want to try to get on the inevitable team that sticks Vice and Liberty City in the same game as San Andreas. Gotta prove you know WTF you're doing LOL.

Keroscene

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
Ahh man, I'm sorry I didn't even see this post. What do you mean by modding? I haven't done a whole lot with San Andreas yet, but I did quite a bit of playing around with Vice City. There's so much you can do by \"modding\", so I'm not really sure what exactly you're referring to.

I just wrote a tutorial for San Andreas on how to insert car spawn points, so you can put any car anywhere you want in the game :) You can find it here:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=195143

I'm going to try to write several more because I want to try to get on the inevitable team that sticks Vice and Liberty City in the same game as San Andreas. Gotta prove you know WTF you're doing LOL.[/b]

Sorry for not being more clear. If it's ok with you I'd like to use an anology of the movie Days of Thunder.(<---rhetorical question)Anyways I'm kinda like Cole Trickle. I can drive the cars but I can't work on em.:D Hope this explains my position. Thank you for the link that is exactly what I was lookin for.