Media Gun Confiscation Begins in California

walt willis

So, you are saying that maybe many folks on this forum are not "Rational"?
Not speaking for Einstein, but I would be happy to say that.

Do you know what "rational" means?

Harte

Please tell us what the word means and its historical origins.
The news media in general acts like the fourth arm of the government at times.
Are they being controlled? YES! So where is the first amendment?
I am still searching for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Harte

So, you are saying that maybe many folks on this forum are not "Rational"?
Not speaking for Einstein, but I would be happy to say that.

Do you know what "rational" means?

Harte

Please tell us what the word means and its historical origins.
"rational (adj.)
late 14c., "pertaining to reason;" mid-15c., "endowed with reason," from Old French racionel and directly from Latin rationalis "of or belonging to reason, reasonable," from ratio (genitive rationis) "reckoning, calculation, reason" (see ratio)."
Antonym: irrational.

Example of irrational:
The news media in general acts like the fourth arm of the government at times.
Are they being controlled? YES!

Harte

walt willis

Thanks!
Now we all know the technical usage of the denotation, and now I would like to understand the modern accepted connotation as well.

TnWatchdog

Just look at the news and the vid submitted by walt willis (post #15)...the people with the guns have the power and the ones without guns are either screwed or dead, screwed first then dead. Simple survival rule in today's world...to stay alive you must have a gun. These thugs think they have big balls with their guns...they are cowards, in my opinion, but if we don't stand up to them we are no better.

Harte

Thanks!
Now we all know the technical usage of the denotation, and now I would like to understand the modern accepted connotation as well.
The example of the antonym in your post I quoted serves to illustrate the modern connotation.

Harte

walt willis

Yes, from the liberal mind point of view!

THINK!

Engage the brain first and then release the clutch before engaging the mouth...

Like I said before, there is no cure for stupid...

At this point I can see there is no point to continue trying to explain logic to a liberal.

With all due respect I'll beg my leave and allow fools to be fools.

To the folks with an open mind, I wish you well and good luck...

Harte

I see you also have problems with the term "liberal."

You seem to equate it here with people that try to tell you that Califormnia isn't gonna come and take your legally possessed gun.

As for myself, I actually campaigned for Barry Goldwater, so you'll have to find another name to call me.

Harte

walt willis

I voted for Allen Keys, but I do not like Obama, so that makes me what?
I never intended to call or label you as anything other then by the ideas you present.

Harte

It is not in even the slightest way out of mainstream thought to suggest that the confiscation of illegal weapons from felons, who can't even possess legal weapons, is a right and proper thing and is no indication of a rabid government confiscating legal weapons from law-abiding citizens.

As a gun rights supporter yourself (I assume,) what exactly would you have authorities do about felons possessing illegal guns? After all, isn't one of the main (and correct) arguments against further gun control "We should just enforce the laws that are already on the books"?

The very fact that you would ascribe any political motive whatsoever to the actions of California that the OP describes says far more about you than it does about the events or about any poster that replies here (unless, of course, they agree with you.)

Harte

walt willis

I absolutely agree with what you have said that felons should never be trusted with a weapon!
Now for the problem... If a felon is caught with a weapon being used in conjunction of a crime, the weapons charge is dropped.
The courts have ruled that a weapon is an acceptable tool of the criminal trade... Go figure?