Schematic HDR Design Ideas and Experiments

Briggits Norseff

It's not a mistake. The HDR does have a caduceus coil attached underneath the rubbing plate area. It started out as a bifilar coil in the older HDR's. But the improved design adds a twist to the bifilar coil windings, turning it into a caduceus coil in pancake form.
But bro I thought that the witness well contaians the Cadeceus Coil, If its underneath the rubbing plate then what the Witness Well is made up of? 😕

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
But bro I thought that the witness well contaians the Cadeceus Coil, If its underneath the rubbing plate then what the Witness Well is made up of? 😕
No, it does not. Here is a pic of an inside view of my HDR. The caduceus coil is the pancake coil on the left. The witness well in this version is the plastic 35 mm film container on the right.

100-0470.jpg

Briggits Norseff

No, it does not. Here is a pic of an inside view of my HDR. The caduceus coil is the pancake coil on the left. The witness well in this version is the plastic 35 mm film container on the right.

100-0470.jpg
Thanks bro but I have one more question. How two knobs ( as represented by black in between Cadeceus Coil and witness well ) are made ?
I havea scematic but can't understand will you please elaborate a Lil bit.Screenshot_20220618_001625.jpg

Briggits Norseff

Yes your right, so why not consider using 48 trimmers?..they are smaller than normal potentiometers and you dont need to place any tuning dials onto their spindles, you only need a suitable screwdriver to directly tune them (y)..

You can post your next You tube video, showing yourself with several screwdrivers frantically trying to tune the HDR :eek: :D
Believe me, that video would go Viral on the internet! :LOL:..

Cya Cobber :cool: :D
Hey will you please post the link if his channel. Thanks ✨🙂

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Thanks bro but I have one more question. How two knobs ( as represented by black in between Cadeceus Coil and witness well ) are made ?
I havea scematic but can't understand will you please elaborate a Lil bit.View attachment 14991

If you refer to the schematic, what is shown is how to connect the wiring to the two potentiometers. At the time I used 50k ohm linear potentiometers from Radio Shack. On the surface side of the top cover those potentiometers have two numbered dial knobs attached that I found on ebay.

Scarecrow

100-0470.jpg
I do have a question: I own both HDR’s From Steven Gibbs, and we had our long talking sessions over the phone. He had me open it up but to be careful. This looks nothing like his when I opened the box. The bifilar wiring was masked tape to hold it in place on both the new and the older model with the guitar knobs from 0-10…May I ask this, did you buy it directly from Kansas or somewhere else? I am not questioning your integrity, if any thing , I envy what you have so neat and clean. Thanks

Scarecrow

It's not a mistake. The HDR does have a caduceus coil attached underneath the rubbing plate area. It started out as a bifilar coil in the older HDR's. But the improved design adds a twist to the bifilar coil windings, turning it into a caduceus coil in pancake form.
Has anyone ever built one with a mobius coil??????? I would say looking at mine, hit has a pancake type coil flat with masking tape on it. Both are 10-20 years old one of the most newest has only two silver knobs with no numerical system. I have the one with the guitar potentiometer that goes from 0-10! One thing for certain, it is not that reliable even with my own experiences with it. I hope some thrifty bent over the work desk who likes to solder electronic parts would try to use a mobius coil it might help. Or KRT’s mobius plates. I think KRT’s radionic plates are very expensive.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I do have a question: I own both HDR’s From Steven Gibbs, and we had our long talking sessions over the phone. He had me open it up but to be careful. This looks nothing like his when I opened the box. The bifilar wiring was masked tape to hold it in place on both the new and the older model with the guitar knobs from 0-10…May I ask this, did you buy it directly from Kansas or somewhere else? I am not questioning your integrity, if any thing , I envy what you have so neat and clean. Thanks

This is my home built version. I meticulously gathered all the info I could get my hands on to construct it. I even researched to see if there was any downside to using a Radio Shack enclosure. There is. ABS plastic will effectively block electric fields. So I used the resin enclosure Steven Gibbs uses. Knowing resin was OK to use I encased the caduceus coil in resin. I do get the stick reaction when tuning, so this small modification does work. However I was disappointed to find out pure iron was not available to construct the electromagnet. I used steel to make the T-bar electromagnet. It heats up very rapidly due to the carbon content. At the time Obama was president. The guy responsible for shutting down the steel mills in America.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Has anyone ever built one with a mobius coil??????? I would say looking at mine, hit has a pancake type coil flat with masking tape on it. Both are 10-20 years old one of the most newest has only two silver knobs with no numerical system. I have the one with the guitar potentiometer that goes from 0-10! One thing for certain, it is not that reliable even with my own experiences with it. I hope some thrifty bent over the work desk who likes to solder electronic parts would try to use a mobius coil it might help. Or KRT’s mobius plates. I think KRT’s radionic plates are very expensive.

I'm not sure what a mobius coil is. I did try the bifilar pancake coil but was never able to get a stick reaction with that. I did find the numbered tuning knobs on eBay at the time which I used on mine. I was really surprised to see a stick reaction though with the use of the updated caduceus coil design. There is some science here that may have other applications if more research was applied.