Hello From TTO34

Judge Bean

Hello From TTO34

Originally posted by sosuemetoo@Oct 11 2004, 03:15 PM
...If somebody is polite and respectful in putting forth their story, we owe them the same courtesy. Speculate, Dissect, Debunk, do what you will, but don't ridicule and treat the time traveler rudely, when they are polite.

.... Talk in standard English regardless of what dialects or slang your time period may have. If an effort is not made in this regard you will receive warnings possibly leading up to a ban.

To my way of thinking, it is impolite and disrespectful to pretend to lack language skills for the purpose of adding easy detail to an unsupported claim. It is impolite to misuse a host's native language, or bungle it, while a guest in a foreign land.

While I do not believe that this individual's bad behavior in this respect warrants being rude to him, I also do not agree that we ought to be allowed to be rude if he is not polite.

Again, if you examine his writing and spelling in his posts, it is clear that he has no difficulty in writing and spelling better than he says he can. This dishonesty is probably a clue as to his level of credibility; but it is also an indication that he cares little what we think, feel, or believe, and he has said as much.

This is in fact in line with his offhanded, nonchalant reference to the death of 3 billion people-- required for the setting for his sick apocalyptic fantasy. Of course you would not bother to speak clearly to those soon to perish; why bother with the amenities with the dead?

I suppose that this is the logical result of the new solipsistic culture, in which the universe must be multiple in order to revolve around every Me, and in which celebrity-worship makes Named Ones the only ones eligible for a real life. However, at the very least, it is rude.

Fringan

Hello From TTO34

Hello TTO34, I have underlined my most important questions so you don't miss any of them:

I'd like to know why you don't have the latest and best time traveling machine? If I was in charge of a company, military project, etc. who was developing such machines, as soon as a working model was finished I'd use it to go a few years FORWARD in time to pick up some more advanced technology from there. Using that technology I'd go even further and further in time and bring home the best possible time traveling device that can be built by man. Why is it your people haven't done that in 2034/2036?

OK, lets say you are trying out a prototype to use in that way as soon as you know its working. Why would you be here for so long if you are just testing the thing? If it was me testing it, knowing it was a prototype, possibly not 100% functional, I'd just go back in time and then quickly forward to where I was to get it overwith as quickly as possible.

In the future, even if you don't use keyboards, isn't it highly unlikely a 48 year old man wouldn't have to be able to spell basic words in his own mother tounge (like your typical mistake "no" instead of "know") if you where to be an army man? If I'm not mistaken you have been in the army for 30 years and the "young you" in this timeline is 18 years or so. Didn't you learn english grammar before the keyboard disapeared? Don't you learn correct spelling and grammar by reading in the future? There surely must be manuals, papers etc printed on paper etc?

Also, you use "u" instead of "you" every now and then.. Isn't that something people (especially young people) who type alot on chats etc do to save time while typing their, yes, keyboards?

cerial

Hello From TTO34

Originally posted by TheOrangeMan@Oct 11 2004, 03:31 PM
TTO34>

2008 Olympics dont take place for the usa.. because of a civil war

Interesting... considering that the 2008 Olympics are slated for Bejing and not the US. Likewise the 2006 Olympics, the next Olympics, are slated for Torino. Again not the US.

i think what he means by "for the USA" is that the states don't participate in the world games .. not that they are held in the US !

for/in .. its a easy thing to confuse ;)

b

August

Hello From TTO34

Hi TT034,

I want to ask you a very specific question and I hope you answer it.

You are a motivated human being. Your motivations whether good or bad have led you to this board and community.

In your own words tell me what you gain from interacting with us. You must gain something from being here on this forum. And let me tell you in advance a one-word or one-sentence answer is not enough. Elaborate.

This is an easy question. I'm not asking about your machine or my future.

Thanks in advance,

August

JasonX

Hello From TTO34

hi here are some questions

can you post any pitcures from the future

,what is youre favorite movie and do they make a spiderman 3,

i heard from other timetravelers that hilary cliton is terrible as president is she,

do you watch and if you do can you tell me the top teams.

Timescholar

Hello From TTO34

And speaking of Hillary Clinton, why doesn't Kerry run for office again assuming he's elected. Anything happen to him? Also, what do you do all day?

I noticed you're on between 5pm and 3am EDT (mostly between 9pm and 3am EDT).

iooqxpooi

Hello From TTO34

I have to say that there should not be a ty in 2034, so you have proved yourself a hoax. Sorry if I am incorrect, buy I am just stating my opinion.