How big is the Universe?

Justinian

There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the Earth. Thats freaking awesome!

Also, the best part is where he says that if our brains try to comprehend the size of the universe they run out of gas. LOL. I've never heard anyone use a phrase like that before.

Rosco..Jones

images

This Hubble Ultra Deep Field photo was aimed at a very small point in the sky void of stars.
All the points of light seen in the photo are not stars. They are galaxies; many of which are billions of light years away.
Yes, the universe is bigger than we can easily comprehend.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I updated the video, as the link was no longer valid. Even though I watched it many, many times, that video just blows my mind.

The universe is big, it's really, really big. Just go to 5:32 if you don't feel like watching the whole thing. You'll have a quick and clear glimpse at how ridiculously huge the universe is.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Our Milky Way galaxy alone is but a mere speck, at best...
That's why I couldn't ever believe that humans are the only intelligent lifeforms out there...
(p.s. - If you're into mind-blowing videos that make you feel less than microscopic, I suggest Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyessy...It's beautiful! :) )

Rosco..Jones

"Watch this video on YouTube. Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner."

Just watched & it does give a good perspective on how big the physical universe is.
The physical size is almost beyond comprehension. If you expand this to include the multidimensional aspects of reality it IS beyond comprehension.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We are barely able to imagine how genuinely big the physical universe appears to be.

Now, imagine that there is somehow a multiverse that contains all possible alternative realities of our universe at any given time.

And then, maybe there's an infinite number of such multiverses.

Krish

We are barely able to imagine how genuinely big the physical universe appears to be.

Now, imagine that there is somehow a multiverse that contains all possible alternative realities of our universe at any given time.

And then, maybe there's an infinite number of such multiverses.

Couple of thoughts....may or may not work...

Even if we have wormhole type systems, in our space we can only move around our Galaxy...

To move to another galaxy, you have to take the express lane that is move to another dimension and go from that point on quicker....

Even then, you can go about 50 galaxies. Any more, you have to come up with new mechanism

Going from our Universe to another may be from passing several dimensions and move further down....

Off course there are Billions of Universes...Can you go to a few...just imagine....

And yes, our Universe is like a human brain...just very BIG....with dark matter connected everywhere....very interesting.

And just in case - we are working to move around the galaxies very soon....thank you.