I Am Traveling Through Alternate Universes

Unintentional

I came across this site on purposely looking for others like me. I know for a fact that I have been skipping along several universes. Everything mostly has been 99.9999% the same as the last one (same me, address, email, ect. ect.. What surprises me is that every now and then I will come across something that i know for a fact was impossible where i just was (universally speaking). The last time this happened was when that Disney Movie, Finding Nemo, came out. I was flabbergasted that it starred Albert brooks. You see for me in one of my other universes Albert Brooks is dead. He is dead in almost all of them except this one (so far). I remembered when he died because Defending Your Life was one of my favorite movies and I thought, oh he's dead that's too bad, I liked that movie he was in Defending Your Life. I know that sounds weird and tenuous but it is the last definite example I can think of. There have been numerous examples and so far none of them have affected me directly or anyone I know. It is mostly movies that are different (i.e. never came out or never existed before last skip) and buildings that are different. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a better forum I could go to?

I am not aware of exactly when I skip. The only way I am aware of it is when I see something that I know is impossible. When I first notice something different I assume that it must have happened recently. The most common "trigger" seems to be like an accidental close call, like a driving accident or construction accident. I have a theory, that maybey I died in those other universes and for some reason I was whisked to this universe by someone or something.

I have never looked for this forum before today. I had been meaning to and the more inconsistancies that have built up the more urgent it became. What seemed to make it more urgent, the straw that broke the camels back, was all this non stop gibberish on the radio lately about how amazing it is that Howard Stern is being fined 495,000 dollars. I distinctly remember him being fined a cool million by the FCC for indecency when he was at KROCK and that was the ONLY station he was on at the time. THis happend by my recogning in the 80s. THe fine is what really pushed him to #1 in that world. It was AFTER that fine that he began to network with syndicated stations. Everyone wanted to hear what was worth a million dollar fine to say. The station payed it gladly and backed up Howard 100%.

I only have distict memories of doing this three time. It may have been much more but as things were so similiar I did not notice. I have noticed 100s of inconsistancies but only three times did I notice an inconsistancy and then later noticed the inconsistancy gone and then another inconsistancy appear AFTER this occurance. Specifically, the big VCU building in richmond, one day was GONE and then later it had been restored and then AFTER this a gas station nearby changed its name, only it wasn't a name change the station became "different", you know a diffent building, name and everything. I really dont' know if everytime I notice an inconsistancy I have skipped or if it an inconsistancy is just something that is diffent from the first two universes. I suspect i have skipped many many times because the building disappearing, reappearing building and the gas station change happened in the space of a few weeks, but i Have noticed inconsistancies most of my adult life.

Oh, yeah, I haven't told anyone I know in person because I am sure they would think I am crazy. At least here I am able to get this off my chest and not worry about loosing friends or being called crazy.

Sorry to take three posts to answer all your questions but I couldn't remember all that was asked. No, I have not noticed any time change when I skip. I have been reading some other posts on here and I think some of the accidental time travels others have been on is actually exactly what happened to me, but one of the new inconsistancies is that the time is different. I guess that will happen to me eventually if this keeps happening.

I have noticed of late that there are instances of teleportation in the bible. I don't know off hand the exact versus but there was one case where it was recored of a guy disappearing in the blink of an eye and then rematerializing goind a great speed straight at a mountain. It was attributed to the hand of god. It is somewhere in the old testament. Hope that doesn't happen to me.

In Acts:
8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
8:40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

In 1Kings chapter 18
12 And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the LORD shall carry thee whither I know not; and so when I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: but I thy servant fear the LORD from my youth.

In 2kings chapter 2
16: And they said unto him, Behold now, there be with thy servants fifty strong men; let them go, we pray thee, and seek thy master: lest peradventure the Spirit of the LORD hath taken him up, and cast him upon some mountain, or into some valley. And he said, Ye shall not send.
17: And when they urged him till he was ashamed, he said, Send. They sent therefore fifty men; and they sought three days, but found him not.

A quick internet search brought up the above versus. Neat huh?

I found this board via google and did not use time or travel words in any of my searches. This site came up often and I figured that there must be posts on this site from people with similiar experinces or else it wouldn't keep coming up. I guess I was right because it looks like snow fire watches has had eriely very similiar experiences. I would wonder if she has ever experiences buildings being different. If you know of a different forum where there is more experiences like mine and less time travel I would gladly go there, because I would not consider what is happening to me time travel either.

I found this board via google and did not use time or travel words in any of my searches. This site came up often and I figured that there must be posts on this site from people with similiar experinces or else it wouldn't keep coming up. I guess I was right because it looks like snow fire watches has had eriely very similiar experiences. I would wonder if she has ever experiences buildings being different. If you know of a different forum where there is more experiences like mine and less time travel I would gladly go there, because I would not consider what is happening to me time travel either.

Well, like I said I never said it was time travel, but I did thought it was an accepted related topic here. The only thing that might be an aspect of time travel would be that some worlds are more advanced than this one, but not spectacularly so (darn it). Most worlds have room temperture super conductors (I am not a scientist so I could not relate how it was made, but I could tell you what it looks like: white powder). Females can concieve with other females with invitro feterlization using no sperm donar (somehow they get one egg donor from one female and one egg from the other and get them to fertilize each other and the result is as if it was one was male and they had an offspring naturally but the result is always a female offspring). Those are just two things off the top of my head niether really earth shattering but not really unexpected, but totally absent here.

Also I am not really looking for believers in me. I know what happened to me so it is really up to you whether you believe it or not. I was just simply looking for people with similiar experiences and thought this was an appropiate forum. I think what has happened to me and Snow Fire Watches might be actually very common, but most people do not notice it. Look at all the books and movies that seem to explore this theme. I think maybey the creators of those books and shows have had this happen to them, and were lucky enough to make it into something that pays.

THirdly any opinion or theory about how or why this is happening to me did not just suddenly come into my mind. I have been thinking and postulating for a loooong time about this. I have some other theories other than the "close call" theory and maybey some of them intersect with the theories on here. I would not call this forum illegitimate research, what I have seen so far seems very encouraging. I have been looking into other resources such as "The Elegant Universe" by Dr. Green and what some physics theorize and mathicmatically prove also provide some explaination about what may be happening to me.

I have not read everything here, but I will work on trying. After I take in all what has been already said, I will either continue this thread or maybey I willl find a more appropiate one.

Oh yeah, the google search that brings up this web site is:

"help i am from an parrallel universe"

Go to google.com and type that in the search engine and this place comes up 3rd on the list.

I hope I didn't sound too harsh in that last post. I did not mean to if it came off that way. If I try to keep it too light, I am afraid that I won't be taken seriously. If I sound too stern I am afraid I might scare people off. Trust me, I am good natured middle of the road.

If there is a method to how I am doing this I do not know. All I know is that I am frequently moving from parallel universes (I think).

I really don't like to point to an example in fiction because I think it detracts from the seriousness and truefullness of my situation. Have you read the book, Slaughter House 5? If not, it is worth your time. It was also made into a movie, so you could rent it or perhaps download it and watch. My situation is similiar to his, the main character in the book. In the book, the main character says he has become "unstuck" in time. He flips randomly throughout time, but only in his own timeline. He has no control over it, it just happens. My situation is the same except that instead of moving through time I am moving from, it seems, alternate universes (realities?, worlds?)

I dont even know how many times it has happened because let's say one day I notice 6 different inconsistancies. Did i travel six times or are there six differneces in this world compared to the last one? Most worlds are 99.9999% the same. What may be different is building appearing/disappearing overnite; celebrities who were dead are now alive and working or visa versa; technology that was available is now not or visa versa. Once there was a slight change in my clothing.

When I move from world to world there is absolution no sensation or awareness when it happens. If it was not for the inconsistancies I notice I would not even be aware of it.

...Most worlds have room temperture super conductors (I am not a scientist so I could not relate how it was made, but I could tell you what it looks like: white powder). Females can concieve with other females with invitro feterlization using no sperm donar (somehow they get one egg donor from one female and one egg from the other and get them to fertilize each other and the result is as if it was one was male and they had an offspring naturally but the result is always a female offspring). Those are just two things off the top of my head niether really earth shattering but not really unexpected, but totally absent here...
QUOTE]

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...science_mice_dc

check out the above link and then check my quote from like two weeks ago. Do I get more credibility for accuately predicting the past on an alternate world? Is it ethical to make some sort of vague patent on a room tempture superconductor that uses powder instead of somekind of solid wire?

PS, I first noticed there was no "no male involved" invitro fetilization here when there was the big ruckus about Melissa Etheridge and her girlfriend concieving. I realized that that tech was not here when I realized the big ruckus was everyone guessing who the father was.

Room tempture superconductor were taught to me (in High School) as being a big deal, but I didn't really see any earth shattering applications. Maybey smaller motors (that i never saw). Fewer transmission lines, but almost all big ones had already been built. I know the navy used them alot because it reduced their ship weights A LOT. The Navy seemed to sing the praises of room temp super conductors more than anyone.

It seems to affect my personal life minimumly but not totally absent. Sometime slight changes in clothing, but mostly buildings and celebrities.

I think this happens to a lot of people, but is only noticed by us when we see a change with a celebrity. (i.e. dead ones now living or visa versa) I think we see the lives of celebrities so different from one world to the next because their lives (the celebrities) are rife with chances and random events that they are bound to have more sever different circumstances from one world to the next. Plus they are high profile, so we are bound to notice their changes the most.

I have noticed changes in my older writtings. What I imagine might be happening, if I am switching from parallel world to parallel world, is that there must be whole string of me thousands, if not millions or billions or trillions long. We are currently typing on our identicle computers right now. If I were to switch right now, I may not notice. Why some things are so identicle and other things change I do not know. I may try a "random number" generator program, have it generate a number, write that number down, remember it, and see what happens to where I wrote that number down. Whenever I am given a randomly generated password from some site, I HAVE to write it down, because invariabley I will not know what it is. Did I forget or did I switch universes?

None that I haven't already stated. Sometimes I have this feeling that there is something fundamentally different, but I can't quite place it. It is the same feeling when you go into a room to get something, but then forgot why you went in there.

This is just a quick update. There have been inconstancies since I have started posting here. Does this mean maybe TTs are changing the timeline and somehow I am aware of the changes that they have made in the distant past? Does this mean there are innumerous parallel "me"s all posting in innumerous TimeTravelForums and when I "slide" I just pick up where they left off?

The biggest inconsistency was I only have ONE windbreaker. It is blue. At the bottom it had a little wooden thing at the end of a string for tying up the bottom. When I left to work, it was normal. While I was returning, it was a little plastic bell thing. This freaked me out. This happened about two weeks ago.

Another big inconsistency was sort of like a general background kind of thing. I do not remember people being so uptight about jolly & happy marriage. I do actually remember there have being lots of jolly & happy marriages. It was no big deal there at all. I can't really say much more about how jolly & happy life there was because I am not jolly & happy. To me, it was as significant whether you were right or left handed. Tying in with this is: I have absolutely no memory of the US ever publicly executing people for being jolly & happy. Here, all 13 colonies had capitol offenses and the last one to recall the capitol offense was North Carolina in the late 1860s. I was asking on another thread if this was common knowledge, because I suspected it was an inconsistency. But if no one here remembers that happening either, then maybe it was not an inconsistency and we all have just had lousy grade school education. When I was little growing up, I distinctly remember a Catholic Nun, tell our class that some of us would grow up to marry girls or men and some men would marry other men and some girls would marry other girls. That sentence was just a throw away in her speech to us, she then went on to speak of "marrying" Christ to encourage some of us to pursue priesthood/nun hood. As I said, I remember jolly & happy marriages being no big deal.

http://69.93.20.171/issues/gn52/battle.htm

All of the original 13 states passed laws declaring homosexual activity punishable by death. Thomas Jefferson felt that capital punishment was too strict and proposed it be replaced with a lesser punishment. The last state to remove the death penalty for homosexual acts from its books was North Carolina in 1869.

Just backing up the facts. I do know Virginia was the first colony to abolish it as a capitol offense with Jefferson as our governor.

My biggest lesson is to not get angry when being accused of having a "bad memory" because my memories are different from others. I just let it slide and pretty much everyone thinks that I just can not remember things right at all. I kinda feel like the father in THe Fiddler on the Roof, where he is always quoting bible verses that don't exist. I am always putting my foot in it by mentioning somethign that didn't happen here.

I didn't copy other peoples responses/questions because I don't think I have the right and my posts kinda speak for themselves. :)

:I took the ***'s out of the censured words and returned them to readable form:
-Phoenix the Pirate King

Unintentional

Yes, another inconsistancy I am reminded of. I can't post everyone, otherwise I would be posting night and day, but when I see an interesting one I might. Well here goes. In most alternate worlds, the minority party in power always redraws the redistricting lines. Remember the fiasco with Texas? What could be more fair than the minority party redrawing congressional districts lines? It seemed to work out very well in the worlds I have been in where that was the norm. :)

triad

I am going through something similar, but haven't seen anything as dramatic as celebrity deaths or different movies. All the changes I've noticed are with small changes, like some small personal item that was broken yesterday is not broken today.

I also have no way to know what is triggering these events, or even when they are triggered. A couple of other things that I have noticed is that I have a lot of deja-vous experiences (a few times a week sometimes), and I also notice that relationships with people seem to change without cause. For example, someone who I am friendly with suddenly acts as if we don't know one another, or vice versa. Not saying that these are all related events, just what I experience.

Klyla

Y'all are creeping me out!

I have a lot of the same things happening. Had another one a couple of days ago. I have been driving the same car with the same radio for 7 years, and all of a sudden this button on the radio in the upper right corner is glowing bright yellow while I'm driving down the road in broad daylight. Mind you, nothing else is glowing on the radio except the clock digits....so I'm wondering HOW in the world I could have never seen that button before??

I have mentioned on another board about the celebrity deaths...and I'm also having a few more deja vu's lately than I have in years....and then there's the 11:11 and 1:11 thing I'm having (mentioned on another thread).

What is going on?? Did Hiroshima or 9-11 or something blow a hole in the space/time continuum and now we are drifting in and out of parrallel universes??

Please don't say it's because I have a heightened awareness of this stuff. I tell you, it's only been going on in the past couple of years to me, and increasingly so.

Makes a person wonder....

Unintentional

My biggest freak out lately is also radio related. I have an in dash MP3 player. Sometimes the time displays time left on the song and sometimes it counts time played so far. As far as I know there is no setting on the radio to change this. Weird.
bluerosesmall.jpg

Time Travel Forum

CaryP

Re: I Am Traveling Through Alternate Universes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"strangelove\")</div>
y'all are all freaks[/b]

Hope this was in friendly jest. Think about it though. We're all members of a Time Travel Forum. Maybe we're all just a little freaky. Let's play nice.

Cary

zardoz

the conceptof dimensional sliding is a very interesting one, what makes this particular case unique(ish) is your ability to remember any previous versions you may have visited. The universe generally despises a paradox ... and generally launches a retroactive cover-up operation, It is quite good at that sort of thing.
Having said that, I have experienced some phenomena that fall into this catagory of 'clangers' dropped.

As a small but personal example:
the book 'stranger in a strange land' - by Heinlein I read this out of a Library when I was around 20, liked it a lot and determined to buy it. I bought the book a year or so later in a second hand store. I was a little perturbed because by about chapter 3 things seemed to be heading in a different direction than I remembered. Suffice it to say - there were old characters missing, existing characters that now spanned the book where before they were bit part players .. and the theme of the book itself seemed changed quite dramatically by all this to-ing and fro-ing.
I thought I must have bought an older issue which was in some way different from the first version .. it seemed unlikely but I couldn't figure out how a book could exist in 2 versions. I checked ... Heinlein didn't do a re-write sometime in the late 70's

what does this prove? nothing -it's just a weird thing.:)

Look out for "The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick : Selected Literary and Philosophical Writings" , in an essay called 'if you think this world is bad .." he outlines in a brave way his own experiences of 'dimension sliding' which were dsimissed by most people as the ravings of an unhinged mind.

Also I recomend a very apt book for the instance of the thread starter the (fiction work) Permutation City - by Greg Egan , which examines how quantum descisions could affect the macro scaled world. I would say more about the excellent thesis behind this book , but it would ruin the story.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"zardoz\")</div>
the conceptof dimensional sliding is a very interesting one, what makes this particular case unique(ish) is your ability to remember any previous versions you may have visited. The universe generally despises a paradox ... and generally launches a retroactive cover-up operation, It is quite good at that sort of thing.
Having said that, I have experienced some phenomena that fall into this catagory of 'clangers' dropped.

As a small but personal example:
the book 'stranger in a strange land' - by Heinlein I read this out of a Library when I was around 20, liked it a lot and determined to buy it. I bought the book a year or so later in a second hand store. I was a little perturbed because by about chapter 3 things seemed to be heading in a different direction than I remembered. Suffice it to say - there were old characters missing, existing characters that now spanned the book where before they were bit part players .. and the theme of the book itself seemed changed quite dramatically by all this to-ing and fro-ing.
I thought I must have bought an older issue which was in some way different from the first version .. it seemed unlikely but I couldn't figure out how a book could exist in 2 versions. I checked ... Heinlein didn't do a re-write sometime in the late 70's

what does this prove? nothing -it's just a weird thing.:)

Look out for \"The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick : Selected Literary and Philosophical Writings\" , in an essay called 'if you think this world is bad ..\" he outlines in a brave way his own experiences of 'dimension sliding' which were dsimissed by most people as the ravings of an unhinged mind.

Also I recomend a very apt book for the instance of the thread starter the (fiction work) Permutation City - by Greg Egan , which examines how quantum descisions could affect the macro scaled world. I would say more about the excellent thesis behind this book , but it would ruin the story.[/b]

See if you can find a large used book store that has a good paperback scifi section and try to find the oldest copy of the 'Groking book' and see if it is the same. They other possibility is that over time, another few scifi plots sometimes attach themselves to themes we 'think' we remember well. As we reread a old book it seems as if someone rewrote the story behind our backs when we weren't looking.

If you really think about it, your parents are the same way in certain aspects. When we are young and look at our folks, they seem quite ignorant and backwards. But as we grow older and become educated, it's like our folks are going to college behind our backs because as we age, our folks are getting smarter and smarter.