Debate I'd like to promove a dabate to seek opinions of "self replacing" time travel,basically taking your memories to yourself in the past.

Rossco78

Yes I do, because imagine the potential you have here, you could take all your knowledge from now, and take it to your self in past, like this you can have as many knowledge you want, even though, correct some mistakes, for me physically and "mind" time travel are the best combo, if want to become an observer .
Ok. Here's a question? Can it be done with frequencies subliminals like this video?

The_Observer

You can't transfer knowledge to yourself from the past, it's a paradox. If you believe in infinite timelines then you'd know you are not imparting wisdom to yourself, but rather a quantum copy of yourself - therefore you are not going to affect your own future or past in any way - you'd be affecting a copy of yourself in some other dimension.

Lastly, you are not so much talking about imparting knowledge as you are talking about transplanting an entire brain or rewiring an entire brain to the point the original person is gone and all that's left is some other person with different thoughts and memories. Despite you being identical through DNA, the brain of your young self is much less developed and doesn't exhibit the same neurological pathways as your adult brain. In fact, your brain doesn't stop growing until about mid 20's - that's when your brain has fully developed and matured.

Time travel to meet your past self is one feat, but to brain transplant or impart an entire lifetime worth of memories and thoughts onto another being is something completely different. Although, in that movie Paul (2011) he was able to transfer all knowledge of the universe to humans just by touching them. After Clyde got a dose of reality, he laughed, farted, and passed out. Awesome.

Mrdman

And thanks for your comment., if you have anything else to share don't shy please :v, or if you know someone else,tell them to comment here :v
Hello Jack, I am new to this forum but reading this thread I feel you are knowledgeable on this subject and hopefully others will chime in as well. I too have been curious about sending consciousness back in time and embodying a younger self. I have a specific time and situation in mind. It’s nothing criminal, and I’m not interested in financial gain, I wouldn’t go into detail here and waste time but I am looking for all knowledge people can put forward.

Mr. Door-Chan_16

I think it would be possible... the mind is very coherent in regards to time, sending back what we know today to a certain time in the past could be true, but maybe at the same time, not. If the multiverse is true, maybe one can change the outcome of the future in another universe, however they are partially just the same.

Lara

I have been reading a lot about this on reddit reality jumping. Some people on there say it possible but you have to really want to change the past. It has to be your desire.

abnormalaties

I have been reading a lot about this on reddit reality jumping. Some people on there say it possible but you have to really want to change the past. It has to be your desire.
but do you want to change it do you like where you are now do you have ppl you love they may not be there if you try to change the past which is why if it were possible to go to the past beyond memories I would only want to be a hologram. I'd love to go to Woodstock.

Lara

Yes what you are saying is ture. How to let go and be in a new timeline where things are different and loved ones are different too. Are we all ready for that change its a big jump. I do have a child and I will admit it would be hard but if I could change things and make things better for him by changing the past I would. What I am saying its very hard to let go of my reality but I do believe it possible.