If the Earth ended....

Whitelight

I caught the end of a movie recently, it had Kirsten Dunst in it and it was about her and her sister and nephew coming to terms with dying. A planet was coming towards Earth and would collide with them. The movie ended with them sitting outside in a tent made of branches and holding hands and waiting. You saw the planet come into view, towards Earth, and collide and then earth flying towards them as it impacted.

The only weird thing I saw near this last half hour was that it hailed a lot. I thought that a planet hurtling towards Earth would cause extreme weather conditions. It was pretty big and it seemed as if death was instantaneous.
What was the name of the movie? It sounds like it would be an interesting one to watch.

It was Melancholia. I just caught the last bit of it, when they died.

Melancholia (2011) - IMDb

Whitelight

Another movie similar to that is called Another Earth. I liked watching it, it's about another Earth slowly getting closer to our planet. As it gets closer we are able to make contact with it and find that everything is identical to ours. They end up sending people there who have won a contest to see what it is like. The whole time I thought 'Wouldn't a planet this close totally mess up the tides and the weather?' But that never happened during the movie.

Actually, very little about the movie had to do with this other Earth but more so to do with a girl who kills a family in a car accident while looking up at the sky at it.