If the Earth ended....

Justinian

OR.. did anyone read the article a while back about how carbon dioxide is stored in the oceans? Apparently there are these CO2 air wells or somethinglike that that all the CO2 goes to at certain places in the ocean..Well, what the trees dont soak up I guess. and then some how the ocean swallows it and it is swirled to the ocean floor for decades and is then released. That is sounds like a giant pressure cooker waiting to go off to me.

ziyan

Its a believe of mostly people that one day will be the end of this world and that day is called dooms day when a big bang will happened and all the things not only on earth the entire universe will be destroyed after that what comes next no one knows?

BlastTyrant

I imagine we wouldn't have much more than 24 hours. Say it landed on the other side of the world the intensity in which the collision would happen would wipe out anything even remotely close to impact site. Then assuming it was big enough to split the earth just the overall size of the planet "Granted smaller than most" would take a little bit, but in the end i would say 24 hours roughly. Just enough time for me to act like a complete and utter perverted moron before i die lol

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well when I was in school back in the stone age. we were taught that something along this very line infact did happen to planet earth. if I remember it right the story goes. we believe the moon was once part of earth untill a very large asteroid slammed into the earth and knocked off a large chunk. which then was caught in the earths gravity field and became the moon. or something like that, but like I said that was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away, young skywalker.

TnWatchdog

I agree with Blast, we wouldn't have more than 24 hours notice. If we would be hit on the other side of Earth, a large dust cloud would darken the sky (3 days of darkness?), the big wave of water and air would come, the earth's crust would shift, earthquakes, volcanos, storms...but other than that we should be ok.

Justinian

I don't know if you would be interested in this or not. Not turning this into a religious discussion (so please no one start a debate here), but this is what Jesus said about the Last Day on Earth and how it will end. This will happen after ALL of Bible Prophecy comes to pass (which will be over 1,000 years from now).

During the early 1980's, Jesus appeared many times to a boy, Segatashya of Kibeho. CLICK ME to learn more about the story!

SEGATASHYA: "What will happen on the very last day?"

JESUS: "On the very last day, the planet will tremble and the joy of the righteous will be overwhelming. A great rainbow of countless colors will transverse the sky, and a white cloud will form in the heavens. At that moment you will see me emerge from the cloud carrying my cross. I will dispatch all my angels across Earth to assemble all the people of the world. My cross shall make the good and wicked alike tremble. And then I will pass judgment on all the souls before me, deciging who has worked faithfully for the Lord and who has not, and I will assign to each the place they have earned in eternity.

All the suffering of the End of Days will be over, and all the struggles of life on Earth will be gone forever. No one will need to repent anymore - because for the righteous, who have repented throughout their lives, now is the time to rejoice in heaven. And for the wicked, it will be too late to repent.

The soul never dies, and every soul belongs to God. On the last day, those souls who have earned a place in the Kingdom of God will leave Earth without taking anything with them. Those who have rejected God and are judged to be unrepentant sinners will descend into hell to suffer eternal death. Those who have loved and served God will ascend into heaven to spend life everlasting in paradise.

After all souls chosen by God have been led into heaven, a great fire will erupt from deep within the earth and the world will be consumed in flames, and all those who rejected God and refused to believe will burn in the fire."

This is kind of why I was asking this. Because days in the Bible seem to be not the same as a day for us. So does this jesus telling this kid mean a human day or a Bible day?

Justinian

And okay.. so I like the answers everyone put. They really got me thinking.. so now that youv'e got me thinking, let's up the anny here. ..

Let's say it's like a big meteor that smashes all the way to the center of the Earth. Figure that'll take like an hour or so. I wonder if the Earth actually did break apart.. I'm saying that no matter where on the Earth you are that we'd be looking at like 4 hours, tops.

Justinian

And to side track off on Sam's path, how long will it take for Jesus to send out his angels and do all this? Are we talking minutes, instantaneous, hours..

Whitelight

I caught the end of a movie recently, it had Kirsten Dunst in it and it was about her and her sister and nephew coming to terms with dying. A planet was coming towards Earth and would collide with them. The movie ended with them sitting outside in a tent made of branches and holding hands and waiting. You saw the planet come into view, towards Earth, and collide and then earth flying towards them as it impacted.

The only weird thing I saw near this last half hour was that it hailed a lot. I thought that a planet hurtling towards Earth would cause extreme weather conditions. It was pretty big and it seemed as if death was instantaneous.

TnWatchdog

I caught the end of a movie recently, it had Kirsten Dunst in it and it was about her and her sister and nephew coming to terms with dying. A planet was coming towards Earth and would collide with them. The movie ended with them sitting outside in a tent made of branches and holding hands and waiting. You saw the planet come into view, towards Earth, and collide and then earth flying towards them as it impacted.

The only weird thing I saw near this last half hour was that it hailed a lot. I thought that a planet hurtling towards Earth would cause extreme weather conditions. It was pretty big and it seemed as if death was instantaneous.
What was the name of the movie? It sounds like it would be an interesting one to watch.