I'm from 2146, ask me anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayhem

Zenith
You were called out in your own admission that it was all a joke we have the screen grabs, alarm bells rang for me when you said you were russian. Perfect English and your rifle is oldskool took about 2 hours before you gave it all up.

Apri1

people lie, that's just how it is, and Apr1l is a liar

Can you point out something I've lied about? I try to be brutally honest. If I said something incorrect usually it's just a mistake on my part, and I make sure to correct myself.

tomkiel

Can you point out something I've lied about? I try to be brutally honest. If I said something incorrect usually it's just a mistake on my part, and I make sure to correct myself.
saying that you travelled between different timelines

Apri1

saying that you travelled between different timelines

That wasn't a lie. But I'm curious to see what proof you have that it was. Or are you making baseless accusations? You might as well claim that I'm lying about my name, or my experiences, or literally anything else. It's all equally as baseless.

Unlike you, I don't run around lying about who I am and my past. At no point have I lied. I despise liars, and have a history of debunking hoaxes. Why would I contribute to that?

tomkiel

That wasn't a lie. But I'm curious to see what proof you have that it was. Or are you making baseless accusations? You might as well claim that I'm lying about my name, or my experiences, or literally anything else. It's all equally as baseless.

Unlike you, I don't run around lying about who I am and my past. At no point have I lied. I despise liars, and have a history of debunking hoaxes. Why would I contribute to that?
You've provided no proof, there doesn't seem, to be a logical explanation, which means that you're lying. And at this point you're basically asking why people lie, well the main reason on the internet is for attention. And yes, you are running around lying about your past but for you, you haven't came out saying that you're lying, but you are. And you saying that you're not lying is a liar saying that he's not lying.

Kairos

I guess you had to be around for John Titor.

Just waiting for a cat like that to show up again.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Who the fuck is John Titor?

He was the grand master of time traveler hoaxers. He had convincing pictures and schematics of his fake time machine. He even developed fake science to describe how his time machine worked. He was so successful with his con job that some people still believe he was a real time traveler to this day.

Kairos

Who the fuck is John Titor?

The only guy who could plausibly be the real thing that I know of.

I personally suspect the past does not exist in a real sense, so you probably cannot travel there (since only the present moment actually exists). I might be wrong, though.

But Titor's story was strangely self-consistent and bullet-proof from any obvious contradictions. People that say he was necessarily full of shit are themselves usually just full of shit. They simply do not believe in something, but they don't have any good arguments against him.

On the other hand, he didn't offer any good evidence to necessarily believe him either.

But what he described was strangely prophetic. In his story, his timeline would evolve very different (after all, there was no John Titor in his past messing with it). But a lot of the stuff we saw recently is a kind of shadow of what he warned us about. I think, bare minimum, he had a pulse on where this was going, what set of people were dangerous (i.e. deep state, Clintons, etc), and even social developments. For instance, he was talking about how people didn't watch television the way we do. They just watch shows online through a video streaming service and most shows are independently made. He was basically describing YouTube in 2000-ish. I would definitely like to spend some time drinking with that guy to pick his brain on what he sees coming down the pike from where we are now, eighteen years later.

When you came in here, you *almost* had his style, but you had no idea how to follow through with the deeper information. But that opening was very Titor-like, and that got you immediately attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.