Inflation

Mayhem

Zenith
Here's what I don't understand:

In Florida, hamburger prices only went up $1 per pound, but steak went up about %75 (which is why I said almost doubled).

Don't they come from the same cow?

Are we shipping our steak from China?

Why? We have our own. What are they doing with our steak?

We don't have a shortage of cows, so why should beef prices increase?

I suspect a scam by the government to raise beef prices.

Ranchers all over are starting to make their own meat processing plants on their property to go around this nonsense. It won't be cheap, but at least we'll have beef.
What about taxes?

Are we shipping our steak from China? did you find out about this?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What about taxes?

Are we shipping our steak from China? did you find out about this?

Import taxes? Yes, that would increase the cost, but my county's sales tax has not gone up.

I read that "US. 90% of the imported beef comes from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or Mexico". We have the USMCA pact, so I'm not sure they would have increased import taxes., not that Congress really cares.

It just seems odd that we would have to import beef at all. We have no shortage of cows and plenty of ranchers. Something odd is going on.

dustin255

Not if it is outlawed and confiscated to make solar panels.
They'll only outlaw the physical ownership. Everything will move to paper contracts like most commodities. So, it's a win-win. I can thank the government for when Silver rockets to $50. I bought all mine at $22 an once.

Mayhem

Zenith
Import taxes? Yes, that would increase the cost, but my county's sales tax has not gone up.

I read that "US. 90% of the imported beef comes from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or Mexico". We have the USMCA pact, so I'm not sure they would have increased import taxes., not that Congress really cares.

It just seems odd that we would have to import beef at all. We have no shortage of cows and plenty of ranchers. Something odd is going on.
So yes may be the case on taxes , but is the meat being exported from the USA, to elsewhere thats being grown produced in the USA is either has to be going somewhere or destroyed but havent heard that so it must be still somewhere in the supply chain.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
They'll only outlaw the physical ownership. Everything will move to paper contracts like most commodities. So, it's a win-win. I can thank the government for when Silver rockets to $50. I bought all mine at $22 an once.

Sure. If you believe that. I don't. They have done it before. Do you believe that you have infinite luck? Or gamblers fever? It was just a few short years ago silver was at 32 dollars an ounce. Looks to me like it has been trending downwards over time.

walt willis

Get out while you can. I do believe the Biden regime is closing down all mining here in the U.S. There is not enough silver on the planet to make green energy possible. Without mines the silver industry will fold.
98% of the fixed value of silver is based on speculation market world wide.
Physical silver value is way higher than spot market value.
If you adjust the silver based on true value it should be around $150 per ounce today.
There may come a time when the dollar looses the good faith and trust it has today and that could drive
the value of precious metals such as silver up ten time higher as it did when Jimmy Carter was president?

dustin255

98% of the fixed value of silver is based on speculation market world wide.
Physical silver value is way higher than spot market value.
If you adjust the silver based on true value it should be around $150 per ounce today.
There may come a time when the dollar looses the good faith and trust it has today and that could drive
the value of precious metals such as silver up ten time higher as it did when Jimmy Carter was president?
I agree, many metals investors have been saying this for years. I know many of them are pumpers. But, they do have good points that are factual.

@Einstein But, I'll agree to disagree with you on our stances. Only time will tell. The economy is crap anyways.