Is organized religion bad?

gonzogirl

Re: Is organized Religion BAD?

kc wildman said:
well when you get 16 yrs olds with 3-4 kids and the dads 30+ yrs:mad:
in my eyes, it is woop ass time. no conditions, no questions, no excuesses, just get a rope. qiuck,fast,in a hurry like. sorry but I'm just being a dad here, and a pissed off one at that. I have four daughters, and to think some perv. was raping one of them!!!!! well I think any parent understands. call me what you will but it matters not who's daughter it is. once it is know it must be stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all that is needed for evil to win
is for good men to do nothing

Yes the same for me..but dont forget in the USA..girls can get married...The parents have to sign and end up being kinda like pimps!:(
Ican see some women having to suffer in silence but then doing it to uyour own daughter is sick minded...I'm glad most of the planet is sane!

someguy

Re: Is organized religion bad?

Just to squeeze in my 2 cents, I think organized religion was hijacked, I think it started out with a good purpose and was manipulated for the purpose of manipulation and if you think about it there are so many religions and they keep people divided, and Alexander the great famously said "Divide and Conquer" so if we are divided, we stay conquered. I believe there is a creation source, we all had to get here somehow, but I personally dont think any religion can really explain it or has explained it for that matter and in one way or another they do keep people divided.

jurgen36

I honestly do believe that all priests no matter of which religion do not know what they talk off. Its a good relative easy job which gives high prestige in the community. I did study christianity, I studied the Koran and also the Buddhist faith.

I finally came to the conclusion that if the founders of the virious religions would come back today they would run away in horror of what they started. That includes all religions without exemption. So most likely organized religion causes more harm as benefits. I do not question the charity of many monks of whatever faith to help sick people. But generally I have seen to many problems missionaries cause in this world. I really do wish that most of them will be confined to the deepest and hottest pit of hell as the reward for the work they were doing on Earth.
Best regards

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Do you think that organized religion causes more harm right now that it used to in the last centuries ?

People are no longer paying so much attention to religion right now in US/Canada, if you compare it to 1950s and a few decades before, when religion was everywhere. What do you think ?

The same goes for the colonial period, in the 16th and 17th century, religion was very important, they needed to convert all "those indians" to "save them".

Num7

jurgen36

Do you think that organized religion causes more harm right now that it used to in the last centuries ?

Num7

No, the actual harm done has changed quite a bit if you look at the different religions. The Xtian sects seem to make more harm and trouble to the christian believes. The fundamentalist Muslims seem to be against anybody which is not of their own funny sect, even inclusive of non fundamentalist Moslims. Unfortunately my adopted Thai daughter is now a missionary in Thailand, I do not argue with her about her belives but actually I am quite upsett with this affair. I have seen the problems xtian missionries made in the south pacific and thing that all of them should be put against the next wall. I am sorry but they turned a very happy local population into an introvert unhappy and sick mob. Ok enough of this.

Best regards

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I'd have to say YES. There's nothing wrong with having a belief that fosters positive actions and compassion, but it seems that when there's a group of them the pack mentality takes over. The person is smart, the group is ignorant.

thedude

People are no longer paying so much attention to religion right now in US/Canada, if you compare it to 1950s and a few decades before, when religion was everywhere. What do you think ?

The same goes for the colonial period, in the 16th and 17th century, religion was very important, they needed to convert all "those indians" to "save them".

Num7
They are still largely religious in my state. I'm in the minority of parents that didn't get their kids baptized. What's wrong with me?

I can't think of any religion that calls itself such to be anything but "organized", even ancient men had, according to those that do such work, had a type of "organized religion". The question is define "organized religion".

Pull out your history books ans you'll stummble across the apparent fact, that since man defined hinmself as such, every civilization, mainly the organized ones, have had some type of "organized religion" as part of their culture. I can't think of an exception, so feel free to let me know of any you have come across or visited.